Quantcast

Did I just get hit on?

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
One day about two months ago I saw this guy who works on my floor at work getting out of some sort of sporty convertible. We say "hi" to each other (out of courtesy on my part), so I was like, "Oh, nice car for the springtime." Just now we ran into each other and he said he's been meaning to ask me something. So he asks me if I want to go out to lunch and go for a ride in his car! I was like, "Um, I don't really go out at lunchtime because I stay at my desk through lunch... but maybe." I said "maybe" to be nice, but I really don't have time to go farting around in some stranger's car at lunchtime. If I work through lunch (and not take a lunch) I can leave work a half-hour earlier, and go home quicker to my sweetheart.

I mean, I didn't know what to say! Was he hitting on me? Or am I just assuming he is?

I have to ask because I'm a lesbian. And I don't pick up on guys' signals very well. What do you all think? And how can I handle it when I see him next? I have no interest in even being his friend. He's weird.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea I would say that he is hitting on you. What kind of car is it? If its real nice, ask him if you can drive it and go burn all the rubber off his tires and then say you arent interested.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yes.

just tell him, you would but being your lesbian GF might find out, and she would get mad, being your are bisexual and shes the jealous type

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
And how can I handle it when I see him next? I have no interest in even being his friend. He's weird.
Just say, "No thank you, I think your weird."

Easy.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Yes you were being hit on.

Tell him yes you want to go for a ride, but only if you can stop some where and bang him sensless.

Then say... Just kidding you loser :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
He was hitting on you.

I had a dude hit on me once. "That's nice cologne you're wearing" is not something one dude should say to another dude.
wearing cologne isn't something a dude should do. :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Probably not a good idea either to tell him you're a lesbian and not interested. He'll hit on you everyday, and ask you to bring your sweety.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I had a guy "prance" into the office yesterday asking if we needed office supplies, and I replied "No, we're straight" (meaning we're good), and he put his hand on his hip, got pissed and marched out. Kinda funny.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I Are Baboon said:
He was hitting on you.

I had a dude hit on me once. "That's nice cologne you're wearing" is not something one dude should say to another dude.
Your fault. Wearing cologne is like wearing a sign that says, "Hey, I like man ass!"

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
yep id say he wants you...
but in your next coversation casually bring up your Girlfriend.. I think his reaction will say it all.. so bring a camera

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Um, how about "No thanks, I'm just not interested"? You know, simple, direct, and honest? Foreign concept for many I know, but try it, it works.

Keep saying "maybe" and you'll have a stalker on your hands.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
hooples3 said:
yep id say he wants you...
but in your next coversation casually bring up your Girlfriend.. I think his reaction will say it all.. so bring a camera
Actually, lots of straight guys will be MORE interested if you try that. They just don't understand. If you tell them you're a lesbian they immediately think "Sweet, now maybe I can get some group sex." Or "Sweet, now here's a real challenge. There's no way she can resist me and my studliness."

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
OGRipper said:
Actually, lots of straight guys will be MORE interested if you try that. They just don't understand. If you tell them you're a lesbian they immediately think "Sweet, now maybe I can get some group sex." Or "Sweet, now here's a real challenge. There's no way she can resist me and my studliness."
yeah, I would imagine that after hearing that his mind would be going a mile a minute thinking of all the possibilities. But i think he would come to realize that a lesbian is into women only and that he doesnt have a shot in the world

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
OGRipper said:
Um, how about "No thanks, I'm just not interested"? You know, simple, direct, and honest? Foreign concept for many I know, but try it, it works.

Keep saying "maybe" and you'll have a stalker on your hands.
I see your point, of course. But when you're at work and get seemingly hit-on by someone who could be a director in a nearby department, well, I just didn't want to come off as rude in any way. But you're right, not interested is not interested, nothing more, nothing less. He should be the one who should worry about being rude, not me.

I painted a "not very interested" picture, though, by asking, "Which car do you have? I'm sorry, I don't remember your car."

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
I see your point, of course. But when you're at work and get seemingly hit-on by someone who could be a director in a nearby department, well, I just didn't want to come off as rude in any way. But you're right, not interested is not interested, nothing more, nothing less. He should be the one who should worry about being rude, not me.

I painted a "not very interested" picture, though, by asking, "Which car do you have? I'm sorry, I don't remember your car."
Yeah the whole co-worker dynamic makes it harder for sure. You want to be friendly but still gotta make your point and nip it in the bud early, that can really help avoid a lot of awkwardness. If he presses you can say you're flattered but in an exclusive relationship. You shouldn't need to get into your orientation whether you are out or not. Plus I know straight women that tell men they are gay just to avoid saying they're not interested, so he might not even believe you.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Wait, let me get this straight...the guy asked if you wanted to go for a ride in his convertible? Yeah, he was hitting on you....poorly, but definitely hitting on you. Tell him that since you're a lesbian, at first you weren't at all attracted to him...but when you found out he drove a chick car, it made you imagine him in a school-girl outfit and thigh-hi stockings and his repulsiveness was relaced with sickly humorous image of him in school-girl drag.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
stinkyboy said:
I had a guy "prance" into the office yesterday asking if we needed office supplies, and I replied "No, we're straight" (meaning we're good), and he put his hand on his hip, got pissed and marched out. Kinda funny.

HA!!

funniest shiz I have read in a while :thumb: nice one :thumb:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
El Jefe said:
Wait, let me get this straight...the guy asked if you wanted to go for a ride in his convertible? Yeah, he was hitting on you....poorly, but definitely hitting on you. Tell him that since you're a lesbian, at first you weren't at all attracted to him...but when you found out he drove a chick car, it made you imagine him in a school-girl outfit and thigh-hi stockings and his repulsiveness was relaced with sickly humorous image of him in school-girl drag.
Sprite meet my monitor, monitor - this is Sprite.

Nice to have you back El Jefe :thumb:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
dh girlie said:
...in fact, you compliment someone on what they are wearing, that can be construed as harrassment...

Only if it's part of a pervasive hostile workplace environment, or had obvious sexual overtones to the point a reasonable person.....

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
dh girlie said:
Having just gone through some pretty extensive harrassment awareness training...that guy was totally outta line saying that...in fact, you compliment someone on what they are wearing, that can be construed as harrassment...
Or she could just introduce him to her "Camelback reservoir" aka huge douchebag....

fanatical

Chimp
May 23, 2004
NJ
Isn't it a shame he thought that line would work. I have to say I'm glad there are guys out there like him, it makes my life so much easier.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:
Having just gone through some pretty extensive harrassment awareness training...that guy was totally outta line saying that...in fact, you compliment someone on what they are wearing, that can be construed as harrassment...

what a crock

if I told one of the harrassment awareness trainers that I was going o shove my bikes seatpost up their arse, would that be harrassment?