Quantcast

Documentaries....

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Don't know if anyone has posted about this one...

DON'T WATCH IT!
(Unless you like watching a bunch of hipsters wearing jorts and racing fixies.)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Don't know if anyone has posted about this one...

DON'T WATCH IT!
(Unless you like watching a bunch of hipsters wearing jorts and racing fixies.)
Yea, got about 5 minutes into it before I had enough.

Watched Forks Over Knives and we are having serious discussions in this house about our diet (again). Were mostly Vegetarian here but we still go through a fair amount of dairy.

Also watched Gasland finally last night. Got some not so warm fuzzies given that some fracking wells are going in just a couple miles east of here. Thank the FSM were on city water at least.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
While technically not a documentary, I netflixed this foreign movie called Gomorrah. Gives an inside look at the reality of the modern Italian crime families/clans. I was mesmerized

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I really enjoyed The Other F Word. It was interesting (and depressing) to see bands I saw in my youth all growns up. or at least some of them.

While not the same level as most of these, Carol Shelby "King of the Road" was a great look at how the AC came to be and how the Daytona scared Ferrari. It was on teh Velocity.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Definitely anyone with some spare time should hunt down 'Big River Man.' It's about that Slovenian dude who swims the biggest rivers around the world. The movie gives his back story and then follows him as he swims the entire length of the Amazon River. He also consumes 2 bottles of wine per day while he swims. Craziest movie I have ever seen!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I'm sure this movie has been mentioned before but finally got around to seeing it...

The Other F Word.

Really really liked it! Two thumbs up :thumb: :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
until the light takes us

^
WTF & 1:47?

the dude slicing his arm?

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I saw that one earlier this year on Netflix. Definitely a bunch of screwed up individuals but I did laugh cause I thought their music was kind of weak.
As screwed up as some of them are, I found Varg (Count Grishnackh) to be a fairly charming and well spoken individual with a strong commitment to his reasoned beliefs. I'm not saying I support his burning of churches, but I understand. I'm not saying I support him stabbing Euronymous to death, but he did present a position of "self defense" considering he caught wind of Euronymous conspiring to murder him. He also came off horribly in his interview in the book Lords of Chaos, an otherwise great read, so I was shocked I found his interviews here to be so good.

As for the music, I like it, but I couldn't live on it alone. I wished they would have just called Cradle of Filth out by name in the film, instead of talking about how disappointing it was that the genre became "trendy.". I'm sure there were other trendy bands and trendy fans, but CoF usually takes the brunt of the bashing (though I like their music).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Also recently saw Jiro Dreams of Sushi. I don't think it's out yet but it's a great doc about a master sushi chef and his restaurant in Japan. Unless the sight of raw fish makes you sick to your stomach, I don't think you need to like sushi to get something good out of this one. FYI, subtitled.
Watched this last night. Available on teh netflix instant. Good movie.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
want to see this.....
i imagine you could buy a couple city blocks in detroit for cheap....