Quantcast

Drank a Newcastle last night and...........

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Acadian
those are the best!!! which ones? Chocolate? Original or the Football ones?

I bought some of them last week at Albertson's when they were "buy one, get one free" ;)
Original, damn they are good especially with a tall glass of ice cold milk:D

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Oooh my turn!

Snagged some NewCastles at a party last night, they ran out of beer and the fridge was right next to us, too our surprise we found some NewCastle.....two for us one for them :devil: .

Can I go to hell for stealing NewCastle?

Oh well, drinking it now....damn that's good.

The Ito

P.S. First real beer in a while, first post on the beer forum, woot!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I was DYING for a Newcastle all day yesterday.. could practically taste it.. bought a 12 pack last night.. and DIDN'T GET TO DRINK ONE.

Sheesh. The night just went from busy to insane.

I will be indulging tonight, though!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by binary visions
I was DYING for a Newcastle all day yesterday.. could practically taste it.. bought a 12 pack last night.. and DIDN'T GET TO DRINK ONE.

That'll teach ya to invite Ito to your parties, won't it?
:D

veloyaj

Chimp
Nov 22, 2003
Oly
Try Samuel Smith's nut brown ale. Newcastle is ok, but side by side, it tastes thin and watery in comparison.

Jewels

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
SamSmith NutBrown Ale is quite tasty and is a nice treat when NewCastle is gettin old(can it get old, i've tried to keep some in the fridge but they just don't wanna stay in there!). If you wanna get hammered quick a good way to do it is to have a boiler maker using DeadGuy ale...you will be hamered to the max!! Wassup veloyaj how was the party after the PKR-Run?
:devil:

Adeelj

Chimp
Dec 27, 2003
it's a bit too sweet for my liking...ok the first 3 large bottles, but after that :dead:

however, I could drink Grolsch all day :nopity:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Adeelj
what did you think of the grolsch brian?

acadian lies...
To be honest, it was ok, didn't care for the aftertaste. However I'll try one again once my cold is completely over just to be fair. Most of the time when your sick most things taste like sh*t anyways.

dburatti

Chimp
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX
I like Newcastle, too, particularly a cold draft pint after a great ride.

Side note: A friend of mine who worked in Great Britain told me that Newcastle is like our Budweiser.

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
A friend of mine who worked in Great Britain told me that Newcastle is like our Budweiser.
not really(except maybe actually in newcastle), you cant buy it in many areas of the country.

lots of our best beers dont travel well so your unlikely to ever see them ;)