Quantcast

Dream bike frame!

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey i know you guys probably hate these things, but with all the new stuff out i want to find out was is RM most favorable, and popular bike frame.

i will start here, out of all the new bikes it is still

PS if this is completley anoying i will delet this thread, no point in being jerks!

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
My dream bike is actually what I ride right now. The set up is dialed and I love the bike.

Giant Faith2 with sherman slider.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
already have my dream bike.

Brooklyn Race Link. its in for a repaint right now.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
yeah just put a down payment for a small g, like you said if i want to go bigger just brake it and get the med. but i lke my bikes smaller better for cornering lighter and more flickable.

Attachments

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
buildyourown said:
I love my DHR with a DH40. The only thing I would change if I could would be to add a DHX air. Just because I'm a weight weenie.

i think i changed my mind to one of these:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
zmtber said:
hey i know you guys probably hate these things, but with all the new stuff out i want to find out was is RM most favorable, and popular bike frame.

i will start here, out of all the new bikes it is still

PS if this is completley anoying i will delet this thread, no point in being jerks!

Nice! :thumb: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I would ideally have a Specialized Demo 8 with a degree steeper HA, a custom DHX air, a Boxxer WC, Middleburns, Rhyno Lite XL's on Hadley's, an I-Beam post setup, and an XO shifting setup. :drool:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
snoopz666 said:
foes DHS mono 2:1 polished silver (the one in decline)
that or a cherry red SC v10:drool: :drool: :drool: :heart: :heart:

I meant the POLISHED SILVER one in Decline that snoopz666 saw.

Is it actually polished or is it silver?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
A vp-free would probably be my dream bike. It is a big mounntain freeride bike, that can do almost anything.

Right now, I'm just trying to get an iron horse 7.3?

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Transcend said:
cue thread full of people posting the bikes they ride right now!
That's what I love about bikes. Pretty much any joe-plumber can save up and purchase his dream bike in just a few months (with the help of ramen noodles breakfast, lunch, and dinner)

If you're into cars it doesn't work out like that.

PS: here's my dream bike that I own.

D

demo008

I got my dream bike in my garage sc v 10 with fox 40 xo shifter with new blackbox rear der. Wtb rims laced with hadley hubs. All in black.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
my idea of the perfect susser changes all the time, but the main characteristics the frame would have don't change much.

around 4" up to no more than 6",
short seat tube and standover, something in the region of a 13" effective seat tube.
an axle path that is distinctly rearward at least at the bottom while riding sagged.
as close to a 1:1 leverage ratio as is reasonable taking weight and stiffness into account. steal a curnutt? with 2:1 being likely.
Eye towards minimizing number of pivots.

other than that things change a lot and few things have really got me excited. being not tall (5'7") i find there to be fewer tolerable squishy bikes out there for me than for tall people.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
the flipside is i got the light hardtail with perfect geometry in reynolds 853 that i've really been hankering for for the longest time.