Quantcast

Dream bike frame!

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
I basically have my dream frame, canfield f1 with a dhx, but i supose if i could go all out i would either get the 2-1 foes or a g boxx nicolai.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
Mountain_Dewd said:
I basically have my dream frame, canfield f1 with a dhx, but i supose if i could go all out i would either get the 2-1 foes or a g boxx nicolai.

can you even get nicolai here in the states, if so where?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Dream hardtail:
Head tube really slack, about a 66 or maybe a 67, with a 90mm fork. Seat tube really slack as well, maybe 67 degrees. Toptube a little on the longer side, about 22.5 or 23, depending on how things work out. Give it a 11.75" BB height, 16.25" chainstays, a really, really low standover of about 13", and if possible, a medium sized wheelbase of about 42.5", make it out of high quality steel, with a Standard BMX or Bontrager style gusset on the head tube junction, and you could have a light, strong hardtail that would rip at slalom and Santa Cruz style descents. You would need to run 165mm cranks, but it would shred. Think Tazer fs bike, but a strong hardtail. Definitely a sweet bike, but not for everyone.

Edit: just built that bike on Apple Works, and the wheelbase with a 67 headtube angle and seat tube angle works out to be 40.5", so it's a little on the short side. Can always stretch out the top tube a little, or put a longer fork on, or something! How does one post a drawing from Apple Works? It's not a JPEG, will photo bucket still up load it anyhow?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I'd have to say my bike is my dream bike. The only thing that I might change in the next six months or so before the season starts is just lightening things up, maybe get the boxxer push'd.
(And don't worry, the seatpost is shorter now. ;) )

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
That's a sweet M3. I regret ever selling my M1 everyday. Just wondering, have you noticed any cracks on the M3 swingarm yet? Didn't someone post on here that the M3's have been breaking in the swingarm rather frequently? That's a bummer, cuz if they ride half as well as the M1 rode, they kill!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
SuspectDevice said:
I have no dreams, except a '98 Sunn team bike, preferably ACC's. She always seemed to have longer bikes than the boys on the team.
Always wanted one of those....'course a run of the mill dh frame could probably beat the pants off it now....

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
bikenweed said:
Dream hardtail:
Head tube really slack, about a 66 or maybe a 67, with a 90mm fork. Seat tube really slack as well, maybe 67 degrees. Toptube a little on the longer side, about 22.5 or 23, depending on how things work out. Give it a 11.75" BB height, 16.25" chainstays, a really, really low standover of about 13", and if possible, a medium sized wheelbase of about 42.5", make it out of high quality steel, with a Standard BMX or Bontrager style gusset on the head tube junction, and you could have a light, strong hardtail that would rip at slalom and Santa Cruz style descents. You would need to run 165mm cranks, but it would shred. Think Tazer fs bike, but a strong hardtail. Definitely a sweet bike, but not for everyone.

Edit: just built that bike on Apple Works, and the wheelbase with a 67 headtube angle and seat tube angle works out to be 40.5", so it's a little on the short side. Can always stretch out the top tube a little, or put a longer fork on, or something! How does one post a drawing from Apple Works? It's not a JPEG, will photo bucket still up load it anyhow?

Steepening the st angle would lengthen the front center and wheelbase significantly. What is the rationale behind the 67 you currently have specced? Those numbers are pretty similar to the Forthcoming Sinister slalom bike, except for the BB height.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
atrokz said:
And you ride an AC :rolleyes:
yeah, well, I could buy 10 of them for the price of those nicolais. I'll just weld them all together and have 60 inches of travel front and rear. lets see what your speedholes do now. :mumble:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
S.K.C. said:
Yup, -that wuz me.

Factory Red, Honda RN01 frame, 06' Boxxer WC Air, Custom DHX Air w/ remote resi, and gold ano Sun MTX rims....

:drool: :drool: :drool:
that would be cool. but i would rather have the showa parts

Team replica of the Honda

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
yah the honda bike in team red with the throttle jockey graphics and gold mavic hoops to look like excel wheels, all of the showa goodies... and since were dreaming here, it would weigh 34 lbs:drool:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
SuspectDevice said:
Steepening the st angle would lengthen the front center and wheelbase significantly. What is the rationale behind the 67 you currently have specced? Those numbers are pretty similar to the Forthcoming Sinister slalom bike, except for the BB height.
Yeah, steepening the seat tube angle would work. However, the Tazer FS has the nicest geometry of any bike I've every ridden, as well as the slackest seat tube. When you're riding it, it just plain rips. The slacker seat tube would put more weight on the back tire in seated cornering, as well as keep the seat out of the way. Also, my M1 had a slack seat tube angle, and the bike felt great. The combo of slack and slack just seems to work out very nicely. I have some friends in single track design, a frame geometry course at CalPoly, and hopefully they'll build something along the lines of this bike.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
My ideal DH racer:

Aluminum Canfield F1
2006 Boxxer World Cup with integrated stem
Avalanche DHS or Woodie
Saint brakes with Dangerboy carbon lever blades
Saint rapidfire shifter
XTR short-cage derailleur
XTR Titanium cassette
Deemax wheels
XTR cranks
MRP System 3 with carbon bashguard
King Titanium headset
Shimano 646 pedals (old but still the best IMO)
Easton carbon bars