Quantcast

###Eff this Sh!t Fritag GMT###

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I'm out for the weekend. Gonna get some of that sweet post rain Santa Cruz loam tomorrow :drool:

loled

Pivot demo this Sunday at one of the parks. Should be a fun time.
Ride the 5.5 if you have time and let know if it is good. It is on the short list for a new bike this spring.
I found most of their bikes to be very flexy. Especially the 29" varieties. The Firebird was the exception but that's their smash shit bike so it's gotta be a bit beefier.

Everything rode well (I've demoed a 6, 5.5, 429, Switchblade with 29" wheels, and took a quick spin on the Firebird). You can get a lot more bike at a better price looking elsewhere though.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Firebird 6, 5.5, 429, Switchblade with 29" wheels
All those and then some will be there. When i did a group ride last Sunday, There was a guy on a Pivot,( Don't know which one), but it looked good and seemed to handle well. Guess i will see this Sunday.

Oh put 18 miles on the coil as a first run, didn't have an issue with pedal bob and felt great. Kept both rebound adjustments and compression wide open.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm out for the weekend. Gonna get some of that sweet post rain Santa Cruz loam tomorrow :drool:

loled

I found most of their bikes to be very flexy. Especially the 29" varieties. The Firebird was the exception but that's their smash shit bike so it's gotta be a bit beefier.

Everything rode well (I've demoed a 6, 5.5, 429, Switchblade with 29" wheels, and took a quick spin on the Firebird). You can get a lot more bike at a better price looking elsewhere though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The heating bill at the old house would regularly be $500 or more. Don't miss that shit.
That's why we got a cast iron insert for our fireplace. Our heating bill for the entire winter ends up being about $800, which is the cost of 3 cords of wood, delivered.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yeah yeah yeah.... Big fingers, small phone, plus I am too stubborn to wear gloves when using epoxy's.

It's part of a cheap cheap let's see what we can get out of a budget rifle build. So far we have 250 dollars into a used Savage axis .223 that is hitting right at .75 moa at 200y. Just went through the stock with fiberglass resin and jb weld for a fill/stiffen/and bedding job..... If I can get it under half moa, I will put decent glass on it and see how far out we can put this poor rifle.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Those knobs adjust for a reason
The trail was more XC style with a bit of chunk thrown in here an there. I played with the knobs a bit but it just felt best for what i was riding.

like jonK said ..
maybe it's just me but I don't think I could ride a shock wide open.
Which shock did you buy? Let's figure out a good starting point for you. You'll be glad you did.
Alright, lets see what we can figure out. Bought the Vivid R2C and 350# coil.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
like jonK said ..
maybe it's just me but I don't think I could ride a shock wide open.
Which shock did you buy? Let's figure out a good starting point for you. You'll be glad you did.
If you're running a shock wide open there's something afoot. Wrong spring rate or wrong tune are the first that come to mind.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The trail was more XC style with a bit of chunk thrown in here an there. I played with the knobs a bit but it just felt best for what i was riding.

Alright, lets see what we can figure out. Bought the Vivid R2C and 350# coil.
How much do you weigh and what bike

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I too ride on some shocks and forks with the rebound wide or near wide open. :busted: But I am a talentless fatass.

Rode on my trail bike for the first time in a loong time. Nice bike feels nice. Fork seems to be finally forking right, too. We got about an inch of grippy snow that is cooled from underside by ice yet kept sticky by 36F warm air. As it is going to get to 50s tomorrow, we shall ride on dirt again, soon.