Quantcast

###Eff this Sh!t Fritag GMT###

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This place is around the corner

http://www.prosttavern.net/bier/

I know not from your country, but it has to be similar. Anything you recommend? Everything I have tried was meh. The actual beer selection is much bigger in person.
I don't know German beers well but if I had to pick one, it would be the Hofbräu Lager. Schwarzbeers and ambers would be too sweet, the other beers too pale and not bitter at all. I gave up on lagers/pilsners here, we have some of the best IPAs from nifty small breweries in this country so that's what I am addicted to.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't know German beers well but if I had to pick one, it would be the Hofbräu Lager. Schwarzbeers and ambers would be too sweet, the other beers to pale and not bitter at all. I gave up on lagers/pilsners here, we have some of the best IPAs from nifty small breweries in this country so that's what I am addicted to.
I live amongst a plague of nifty small breweries with 20 shades of IPAs.

I don't know German beers well but if I had to pick one, it would be the Hofbräu Lager. Schwarzbeers and ambers would be too sweet, the other beers too pale and not bitter at all. I gave up on lagers/pilsners here, we have some of the best IPAs from nifty small breweries in this country so that's what I am addicted to.
Try Two Roads pilsner before you write it off entirely...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Do you live in Asheville,NC?
if not asheville, maybe charlotte? we’ve gone from one brewery when i got here in 2006 to approximately 50 in the area right now with at least another 15 or so coming this year.
No, does Asheville have busloads of tourists show up at breweries to ruin any chance of enjoying a beer?
yes-happens at most of them there. but that really just describes ashevegas in general.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
you've described Golden.

(and I love a good IPA)
I love a good IPA, but there are just too damn many of them. I suspect because they are hard to fuck up and people like them. The area has a lack of variety in non ales. I'd love to see more strong porters and stouts.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I also got all the Rot on the headtube of the MB3 fixed. Ain't pretty. But it works for me. Just finished putting her back together. All proper and shit....