Quantcast

Enduro forks - digging through fecal matter

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It has a spring backed IFP right? I would call that sealed, even if it is capable of self bleeding.
Same as grip2, SC5 and many dampers that can purge excess/sucked up oil w/o blowing seals and such. No bladder is the big advantage IMO.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Agreed, although I don't really ride hard enough to destroy them.
It's not just riding, but you keep your fork for a few years and then all of a sudden you can't buy the bladder anymore. Then also if you are changing the stacks you put wear and tear on it if you have to take it apart and being closed with a bladder means you have to bleed it when you refill, suck the air out, "massage" the bladder for the same, etc. The industry jumped on closed bladder dampers like a fly on shit and never bettered a good open bath damper, so all we ended up with were the negatives of bladder dampers. The newer generation of dampers coming in a lot of forks have moved on from this and it's a good thing overall.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
There are 2 different bearing assy, or fork spring seal head, for the RS 35mm forks. The one on the left allows for a bigger negative chamber which is good. A got a few different B1 air shafts lately and they all come with the bearing assy on the right... do you know how to get the one on the left?
20240622_175830.jpg

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Thats what I thought it was…i got confused
You can get confused!
I don't know how it is called in French, my mother tongue... no idea how it is called in Swedish (where I live) and I obviously barely know how it's called in English. :D

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So my new Fox 36 is making a thud noise when the going gets rough. I can't reproduce it in the parking lot. It feels and sounds weird. I don't know if this is normal? It's almost like a delay or air in the damper or something.

Anyone know anything about this?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Spent more time with the '24 Grip 2 damper (same design as '21+, but with a supposedly firmer compression tune). Is it any firmer? A bit; still could use more. I'm installing the '25 Grip X2 damper tonight and will see how that fares.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Got TIKTOK so got the reference...
I'll tell ya what did get old real quick. hawk tuah mania

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
that makes you old, @Gary old
IDK. TikTok. Chinese spies. My policy these days is that I just don't do any socials. This is really the only one. And LinkedIn. Cuz jorbs.

And I made a goal for this year to actually talk to people. Like back in the olden days. Not text, email, etc. But actually talk to them.

Carrier pigeon, yes.

Maybe smoke signals. HA