Quantcast

Evil Bikes 2008

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
With all the secrecy, talent and gossip surrounding the name 'Evil', you'd think they'd have a kick-ass website....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
There's a very up and coming racer heading to evil as well...news to come shortly. I was told tonight that DH bikes would be appearing q1 of 2009 and that the first ones are being welded as we speak.

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro
There's a very up and coming racer heading to evil as well...news to come shortly. I was told tonight that DH bikes would be appearing q1 of 2009 and that the first ones are being welded as we speak.
I was thinking exactly about it....Vanderham doesn't sell bikes.
It needs a rider like Sam Hill, Who made for Iron Horse in 2004 when Sunday was released.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow that is cool that they are moving that fast. Do we know why the changed the logo? I think the new one is a little on the boring side.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Vanderham is doing a whole WC next season. I met his grandpas cusin at the "Customize your tractor - Festival" in Nelson.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was thinking exactly about it....Vanderham doesn't sell bikes.
It needs a rider like Sam Hill, Who made for Iron Horse in 2004 when Sunday was released.
if you look at evil's history, they were never really the kind of company that needed a big name rider to "sell" their bikes (correct me if I'm wrong). The bikes sold themselves. They weren't a huge company by any means, but had a very loyal following.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I don't think they will need the riders to sell the bikes this time around but I think that DW/KW have enough connections, especially in racing, that they will be able to bring in some very good riders.

I also think that Kevin has his head on straight and will do good things for the business. Go Kevin.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
This guy ^^^ seems to have heard some good inside rumors. If you've seen his previous posts both here and at NSMB he has let on to a lot of what I have also heard.

Pay attention to what SeanD has said...
pay no attention to me.

...there is no spoon!

Albion

Chimp
Sep 25, 2008
Stevie Smith perhaps? :lighten:
I've heard rumours that he is going to be on one of these next year:

Also it's quite similar looking to the new Evil, with a mix of commencal. ("Revolt" is even a classic old Sunn model).
Even though i know they have a lot of diffrences.

Last edited:

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Thinking of their hardtails it will not be a cheap one....

Looks like their hp is down for more than a day now, maybe we will know more soon:biggrin:

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Not sure this is the most up to date thread on this these days, but I met Thomas Vanderham and Gabe Fox testing a prototype of the DH bike the other day. It was in one piece and seemed to be functioning as a bicycle quite admirably...

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Not sure this is the most up to date thread on this these days, but I met Thomas Vanderham and Gabe Fox testing a prototype of the DH bike the other day. It was in one piece and seemed to be functioning as a bicycle quite admirably...
ahh worthless without pics :)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yeah? Details please :) Where, when, what, etc.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
lol. Sorry to tease. They were testing it on some local trails here in Vancouver. No pics I'm afraid, but thought it would reassure some of you that a real bike does actually exist.

And for what it's worth, it appeared to be a single pivot bike with the shock driven at both ends, or did we establish that already? I forget...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
yeah wtf is going on...i was stoked on this but man...we need something here...
Makes me wonder if all the e-spec and leaked rumors led to them releasing the information way before they were ready.

Although I don't understand why companies don't simply come out and say "This is what is happening".

DarrylB

Monkey
Jan 16, 2008
the secret loam!
Sooo, they were testing it in the snow??

or was this before our once a year snowfall?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
The have had complete bikes for about 2 weeks now.
It wouldn't kill the company to release one shot. Maybe one like the automakers do when they have a new car in the works. Set up the frame with black gaffers tape so that you can't see the logo or details or whatever the hell the car companies do.:crazy:

I agree on the anti-climatic. I was so pumped for it and now the only reason that I remember that they have a new frame is because of this thread.
I'm not saying bring it out in the open and hype it up, just a choice shot to keep the anticipation high or some progress reports.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
need a team van.....

something like this..

Last edited: