Quantcast

Evil?

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
patiently, quietly waiting.

I've been spending a lot of time on the remedy so I don't even miss the revolt, but it would be nice to get a warranty frame soon.

rainguage and I have a semi-occouring email where we ask each other if the other has any news or updates.

Juddos

Chimp
Feb 13, 2010
Word from the boss they go into production this month...

Will have it by January apparently.

Will be a boring trip to NZ with the revolt if it doesn't come. Unless I fork out more cash on an "interim bike"

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
This is how you win customers, huh? Here come the butthurt fanboys with a vacant, dead behind the eyes protest of how awesome evil is.

Juddos

Chimp
Feb 13, 2010
Got a warranty frame, then it broke.

Waiting on the carbon one..

Tell me what else I should do...? A refund isn't an option. So just forget about the $3500au I spent on the frame...?

Ill take anything they offer... Sooner or later they will have to get something right! My current revolt I think is worse than my first!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I have said this a bunch in the other threads but I really do want to see evil do well, as a past owner of a few of the first gen frames the company has a bit of nostalgia for me (regardless of ownership). It really sucks for everyone waiting on warranty frames but this sh1t can happen when you are dealing with suppliers...

Hopefully they are planning to get some press out soon on the undead and the other bikes we have been hearing about for a few years...

They should be communicating more via the site - not sure why that isn’t happening.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Due to their declining reputation and repeated poor press they have seeked advice from a industry consultant. At this point it has been determined that the only way to save the company and secure future sales is to change the brand name with hopes of starting fresh. There have been several business meetings with all players involved and a re-launch is scheduled for early spring.

Expect big things from the new carbon frame this season under a new headtube badge.

Welcome the new and improved Undead by............LAHAR!!!!

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
A good friend of mine has been told "two more weeks" countless times. He wound up having to buy a used Yeti and now uses his old revolt frame as a cowbell at downhill races :thumb:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
aye, small claims before they declare bankruptcy. You can probably squeeze out enough cash of them to buy a replacement frame, though maybe not the full amount you paid. They can't survive forever, sponsoring a race team but selling no products.... ???? You may have to travel though to do a successful claim, not sure how that works.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
I have said this a bunch in the other threads but I really do want to see evil do well, as a past owner of a few of the first gen frames the company has a bit of nostalgia for me (regardless of ownership). It really sucks for everyone waiting on warranty frames but this sh1t can happen when you are dealing with suppliers...

Hopefully they are planning to get some press out soon on the undead and the other bikes we have been hearing about for a few years...

They should be communicating more via the site - not sure why that isn’t happening.
Steve Jobs is rattling the casket with laughter right now.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This thread needs some bike pics. Undead looks brilliant.

Last edited:

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Last word I got was they're testing the last prototypes this month and production frames are going to show up December or January.

Winters going to be here soon and my V10c will be for sale. If its not here by the end of January I'll get worried.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You're insane if you don't immediately sell the Undead to the first fan-boi with a fist full of cash.
I don't care how nice the bikes are, the company is bull$hit.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
youre not worried already??
how long have you been out of a frame?
Why worry? It's not like I can do much about it.

I found the cracks in mine over a year ago. If evil doesn't straighten things out I'll go back to the shop and work something out.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
It's too bad this is what happened to the company, but from what i've heard, it's partly their fault. The factory that makes the frames also makes other high end dh frames and where the other high end companies had an employee check every frame to make sure alignment was perfect, evil didn't. That's why all those frames are just sitting around. it sucks it happened, but they should have had someone checking the frames like the other companies.