Quantcast

finally fort bill

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Rachel crashed in practice. Tracey won by 10 seconds. Carpenter got off and walked through the mud section. Claudio said his guys said it was the fastest way through. That shouldn't be in a WC XC race, nevermind a DH race.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Serious buzzkiller right there.

Just record the ladies, play it 1 hour late, and everybody gets up an hour later.

That additionnal 1 hour wait in the bong shed is gonna leave a mark...

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Maybe I'm a time-tard.... But are you watching the men's right now? Cuz I'm getting a "thanks for watching screen"
Nope, I'm getting a RB plate in my TV. Men's broadcast goes live in ~15 minutes.

EDIT: If you happen to be watching via the TV app, go back to the main screen and enter the broadcast again. You will get a "broadcast will start soon..." plate.

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Benoit Coulanges riding a Nicolai ... gearbox skipped first pedal out of the gate, almost pitched him.
Oh crap ahaha. Wonder how that could happen. The thing worked for the rest of his run though?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Oh crap ahaha. Wonder how that could happen. The thing worked for the rest of his run though?
Nah something must have been wrong the whole way coz he was babying it all the way down.
It looked like an intermittent problem to me.

Maybe some teething issues. :D

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Nah something must have been wrong the whole way coz he was babying it all the way down.
It looked like an intermittent problem to me.

Maybe some teething issues. :D
That sucks. Honestly the derailure in a can is the best way to go if you can get it all bundeled into a tight package. Any mechanic could fix it etc......

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Aaaaaaannnd next stop for the whining bus: Ft. Bills woods.
Now there's a really technical section in a course and riders are already complaining that it is too difficult?
I know conditions weren't ideal in there, but that sh!t gets old now.

It was not a huge problem for the top five guys atleast.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Aaaaaaannnd next stop for the whining bus: Ft. Bills woods.
Now there's a really technical section in a course and riders are already complaining that it is too difficult?
I know conditions weren't ideal in there, but that sh!t gets old now.

It was not a huge problem for the top five guys atleast.
I didn't have an issue with the new section by itself, but placing a road gap right after such a slow section doesn't seem like a good choice. Especially if they intend to keep it as a regular feature in the bike park.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
How about Hill coming back with a respectable 18th. Pretty rad.
Was going to highlight the same result. Good for just showing up. Anyone know what that does for his chances on the Australian national team for Worlds?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
those riders need to stfu about the woods. and no one seemed to have a problem clearing the road drop, although i sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to.

moir and minaar were beasts. interesting to see intense coming back strong into the wc game...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I didn't have an issue with the new section by itself, but placing a road gap right after such a slow section doesn't seem like a good choice. Especially if they intend to keep it as a regular feature in the bike park.
That road gap can be hit really slow... it's always had a slightly uphill run in.
It's just a feature for the camera's
it's never been open for punters. only the WC.