Quantcast

Finally...the Yeti 303

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I thought we had a conversation about this on saturday. So what's it going to be Doug?! I'm sure this photo has been playing with your mind.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Not mine, this one is Yeti's. They just took the picture on Thursday or Friday of last week. I had made up my mind to hold off on getting the 303 until later, but after seeing this picture... :drool:. Nah, I knew the hardest time would be after I saw the picture. If I can get through the next couple of days then I'll be able to hold out until later. I've got too much other stuff (i.e. wheels, fork, race fees, travel money, etc) to get before I can plop the cash down for one of these. Heck, I just got my DH9 last May. I haven't been on it for a year.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Transcend said:
Am i the only one who actually likes the yeam yeti paintjobs of old? Go Curly!
No of course not. There's gotta be some fat golfer dude in miami who's stoked on them as well.

I have to admit. I grew up in florida and there are just some colors that my brain will never allow me to like. Yeti teal is one of them. Yeti teal next to yellow..........okay that has nothing to do with me growing up in florida, that's just some ugly sh1t.

tahoe local addressing transcend disclaimer: That was ribbing in jest, we're not all short-tempered wierdos with no sense of humor.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It always rubs me the wrong way when companies patronize their customers with statements like:

Because the main pivot rails are perpendicular to braking and pedaling forces, the system is unaffected by these forces.
Uh, first of all, that's incorrect, and second of all, the two main pivot rails are close to perpendicular to each other, so how can they both be perpendicular to ANYTHING?

Cool design, nonetheless. Will be very interesting to see how it performs out in the real world.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Transcend said:

Nope....I'm loving it too. Just think 100 years from now it'll be like Bianchi celest.

Apr 26, 2004
Transcend said:
I love the team yeti colours, but maybe they should paint the swingarms coz to me it looks a little cheap.

wirly

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
San Diego
zedro said:
notice the upper curvy rail has been straightened out? and wheres the boot system?
I noticed both of those things, interesting. Seems like they are losing a lot of their "advantage" if it turns out they cannot run curved rails.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
wirly said:
I noticed both of those things, interesting. Seems like they are losing a lot of their "advantage" if it turns out they cannot run curved rails.
or maybe there wasent a need. They mention that they tune the rails per course, if thats the case, it would make sense that the consumer would get the generic setup.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
If Zedro's right, maybe they'll have additional rails available with the frame (or aftermarket) so the consumer can pick and choose. Or maybe there will be some dude in a trench coat at each race selling top secret "course-specific" rails...

Not a fan of the color scheme but I normally like the yeti colors. Maybe it's that weird fork color, or the fact that the swingarm isn't painted...I dunno but as built it looks to me like "2005 Technology/1990 Graphics" with fashion consultation by Greg Herbold. Whatever, get it dirty and it'll look great, I'm more curious about the ride...

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Racer-X said:
haha i guess i'm the only one who thinks it looks like a piece of junk?

yea. i guess so.
No, you're not. I'm actually not too impressed with the bike. I think it's a very innovative design, and although nobody can personally attest to the bike's performance, it looks like it'll have issues in mud. The idea of the "cars" that the swingarm rides on is very cool, but my gut feeling is that durability in this area will be an issue. Again, this is all eSpeculation, and I'd be thrilled if I was proven wrong, because I have nothing against Yeti.

And I know it's been said, but that paintjob sucks.

EDIT: And it costs $2900? WTF? I'll take a Turner DHR, thank you very much. :stosh:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Linear rails seem to be pretty damn durable in manufacturing applications.

Granted, this is a different environment, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked out.

As for the color, they may as well throw on an ano purple answer pro-lite bars and a moby seatpost :blah:

NoOnEKnOsMe

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Coto De Caza, Ca
The paint looks too retro. it would be sick if they had something like the canadian paintjob on the rocky mountain bike. and i agree with painting the swingarm, it would look much better

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I like it.

Geometry looks good from the pic.......not too steep not too slack...

I have confidence in yeti.
Their stuff has always been durable and well thought out.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
James | Go-Ride said:
You know, in some cultures they only eat vomit. I've never been there, but I read about it. You know, in "a book."

Allright, I can't take it anymore. I'm throwing the BS flag - James, you don't read books.

"...we're better than you and we know it!"

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
Threepointtwo said:
Allright, I can't take it anymore. I'm throwing the BS flag - James, you don't read books.

"...we're better than you and we know it!"
Dodgeball, man! One of the funniest movies about "The Ocho" and featuring a cameo by Lance Armstrong produced in 2004.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
James | Go-Ride said:
You know, in some cultures they only eat vomit. I've never been there, but I read about it. You know, in "a book."
Bwahaha, good stuff! I love that movie

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
man the dh9 looked so much better (and in my opinion rode a ton better, got a chance to ride one over thanksgiving break)

give it the old frames sticker kit/paintjob and make it a little less nascarish and it will look a ton better

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
you all have sinned ...may the gods that protect all of us from rocks and trees have mercy on all you haters of history
those colors are classic yeti colors frozen in time along with rock shox judy yellow, cannondale red and the adnodized stuff chromed up bomber arches on orange z1's
i hope that thing works it
yeti should start to make a beefed up fourbanger hmmm 4bang dealie
got the "faster and faster" sig off a yeti shirt