Quantcast

Floor pump?

Milleratio

Chimp
Oct 24, 2021
LEZYNE Floor Pump Sport Digital Drive has been flawless. 65 euros in Europe. Digital numbers give you a feeling that it's accurate.

1676732209460.png

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yes the bolt is to split the frame for a belt, almost every ЯEEB hardtail has one.

I ran a belt a long time ago, was pretty solid.View attachment 189546
Beautiful. Do have pitures of the Driveside? What rear hub did you use? You must be like 160lbs with those small rotors? Which Bike was more expensive? Avy is going out on a very small limb and say this one,as it is Ti. With the parts on each Bike, I don’t know? Sold this one did you?

If you are not running a Belt,such as the new one,why have the split?

Avy

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Beautiful. Do have pitures of the Driveside? What rear hub did you use? You must be like 160lbs with those small rotors? Which Bike was more expensive? Avy is going out on a very small limb and say this one,as it is Ti. With the parts on each Bike, I don’t know? Sold this one did you?

If you are not running a Belt,such as the new one,why have the split?

Avy
Both are steel, still have the 29er, the new bike was built with the bolt.

img_1_1659110295438~2.jpg
20230212_173843.jpg

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I ran a belt a long time ago, was pretty solid.
How long did you run it for? Ie. what sort of mileage did you get out of it?
IME the tension required of every belt drive I've ever seen ruins hub, freewheel, BB bearings (or all 3) in what I'd consider a relatively short time.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
How long did you run it for? Ie. what sort of mileage did you get out of it?
IME the tension required of every belt drive I've ever seen ruins hub, freewheel, BB bearings (or all 3) in what I'd consider a relatively short time.
Years, you run a belt loose, people who don't should be slapped.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
That’s Crazy? “A very small limb “ is right in the way in that picture,right where Avy wants to see?

I see you are a man of one liners. So tell us Monkeys,which one was more expensive?

Avy
Probably the fat bike, it is twelve years newer.

This is a picture of the 29er last summer and a demo sst.

20220817_163011~2.jpg

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Years, you run a belt loose, people who don't should be slapped.
This reply really answered nothing.
Sounds like you're gonna be busy slapping an awful lot of bike manufacturer assemblers tho.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Although it implys that. It still tells us fuck all about the sort of mileage he had from his. Saggy or tight.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I ran Hadley hubs used a belt on a couple different bikes. As far as mileage, I can't say, how much does a person ride in three years?

Anyways, I never had a problem with a belt, would consider running one again if I had enough time, to be in good enough shape, to ride single speed again.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
can't say,
No. You genuinely are the only one who can say.
how much does a person ride in three years?
Some people less than 30miles.
Some people MOAR than 300000 miles. But I'm gonna assume some vague distance in between those for you.
A less vague answer was kinda the point in asking you but i've kinda lost interest TBF

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have a Joe Blow Pro (also my college nickname, NTTAWWT) that has been flawless for about 20 years, which is bittersweet as a new fancy floor pump would be fun to get for no real reason, but can't justify doing so with this one still going strong.

That said, I'd likely replace it with the same, current model.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I ran Hadley hubs used a belt on a couple different bikes. As far as mileage, I can't say, how much does a person ride in three years?

Anyways, I never had a problem with a belt, would consider running one again if I had enough time, to be in good enough shape, to ride single speed again.
At Interbike Northstar I rode a FS Nikolai with gearbox & belt that worked great. Maybe not quite for me (such a weight weenie) but I'm amazed half of MTBers aren't on that setup

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
I have a Joe Blow Pro (also my college nickname, NTTAWWT) that has been flawless for about 20 years, which is bittersweet as a new fancy floor pump would be fun to get for no real reason, but can't justify doing so with this one still going strong.

That said, I'd likely replace it with the same, current model.
Buy the exact same model, but with digi guage, and give your old pump to a house you see with bikes that are nearly flat. Several times I've used this logic to get myself new pumps and it really helps get other people riding more. It's wild how many people refuse to spend money on a quality pump and because of that their transportation bikes get under used and cost them in pinch flat repairs. Once you go digi you never go back.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
At Interbike Northstar I rode a FS Nikolai with gearbox & belt that worked great. Maybe not quite for me (such a weight weenie) but I'm amazed half of MTBers aren't on that setup
Rear hub/end too heavy? Or the whole bike?
What year was that?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yes the bolt is to split the frame for a belt, almost every ЯEEB hardtail has one.

I ran a belt a long time ago, was pretty solid.View attachment 189546
Forgive me Brother,but if the Bolt is there for a Belt setup,why is it on the Fatty?

Can you Not have the bolt runnin a chain? You said “almost every” Reeb has it. I am wondering if you could have gotten the Fatty with no bolt? Or was it considered,custom mo money?

Avy

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Forgive me Brother,but if the Bolt is there for a Belt setup,why is it on the Fatty?

Can you Not have the bolt runnin a chain? You said “almost every” Reeb has it. I am wondering if you could have gotten the Fatty with no bolt? Or was it considered,custom mo money?

Avy
They will make it your way, if you ask nice.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Rear hub/end too heavy? Or the whole bike?
What year was that?

Avy
2018. It was an alloy frame with not-light parts so compared to a carbon Scott with very light wheels, parts, and XX1 11spd it was all-around heavy. If I rode in conditions that gave me drivetrain problems I'd strongly consider one of those gearbox/belt Nikolais. It could be built lighter than most people's enduro bikes.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My old Joe Blow has been replaced but it's getting a birthday anyway, going to work out how to get one of these-
1679489377449.png

And a Kuwahara head on it.
1679489504851.png

I like the old Joe Blow pump, after 10yrs it still feels better to use than the Spesh one I bought to replace it.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Researching floor pumps.

Looking for a low pressure gauge and so far only found the Joe Blow Fat. 0-30psi is exactly what I'm looking for.

Any other pump I should consider?

Are the digital gauge ones precise in the 2-4psi range?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Researching floor pumps.

Looking for a low pressure gauge and so far only found the Joe Blow Fat. 0-30psi is exactly what I'm looking for.

Any other pump I should consider?

Are the digital gauge ones precise in the 2-4psi range?
IMG_4348.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have a Guage that I found at Mec that I use for the fat bike. The ones on my pumps never seen very accurate.

One plus is that this thing doesn't need to clamp to the valve or anything, which can be annoying when running super low pressures.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I have a Guage that I found at Mec that I use for the fat bike. The ones on my pumps never seen very accurate.

One plus is that this thing doesn't need to clamp to the valve or anything, which can be annoying when running super low pressures.
Also have a digital gauge, but would like to cut down on two step process. Yes, I'm that lazy.

And, don't owned any skinny tire bike.

My current defunct pump gauge started at 10psi. :disgust1:

Edit: Got a Makita air compressor for mounting tires.

Last edited:

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I vowed that I would never have to pump a tire to more than 4 bars, so I got a Joe Blow Mountain, and it has been perfect. Because of the large diameter, tubeless is easier too, even though it doesn't have a 'booster'. Dial is also easier to read.

If I didn't own gravel or road bikes, I probably would have chosen the 'Fat' variant.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have 3 different meiser gauges sitting on my work bench versus trying to use the ones built into pumps. Fat, MTB and road pressures.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
anybody uses this?
1700150310523.png

0.5psi increments and up to 150psi
could be ok to adjust pressure before a ride?

Last edited: