Quantcast

Foes 2:1 Mono . . . not for the faint of heart.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Brent Foes' reasoning is lower internal shock pressures,and lower heat.This would make the shock work more consistantly throughout a run.Also the really low spring rates make for lighter springs(the 5"shock with the ti spring weighs the same as the 3" with heavier spring for the same weight rider)and takes a lot of load off the bolts etc when the thing does bottom out.

It should track well assuming there isn't any unforseen issues overcoming the platform valve and seals.The valving is totally different to compensate for this.

It should absolutely gobble rocks but may be more difficult to bunny hop.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
MikeD said:
Your FSR fetish called. It said, "Come home NOW, bitch!"

MD

Hey, I can window shop! :p

I tried Kidwoo's uzzi VPX recently :sneaky: Very nice :thumb:

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Pretty awesome looking. I just wish they would make more mainstream shock sizes...it really limits your choices when only a couple shocks actually work with your bike.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Sick bike, but I don't like how much "custom" stuff is on there.
what happens if you bust a hub, or want to try a new shock.
I'll bet the chainguide is custom too.

I used to have a Straigh-8 with the pull shock.
Great bike and all, but if you blew the shock, you were pretty much F'd.
And all these cool platform shocks came out, and I was stuck riding a rockshock in back. Or there was the EdCo hub... I forget what was so "special" about it, but when it was busted, I had to wait till it got fixed (months) I couldn't just get a new hub.
It is always nice to be able to use standard parts.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Krispy,Figure out the total load required to fully compress a spring for two different stroke shocks with the same amount of rear wheel travel with same percentage of sag for a given rider.So 5" stroke and 10" of travel/3" of stroke and 10" of travel.What do you get for total load or force?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Zark said:
Hey, I can window shop! :p

I tried Kidwoo's uzzi VPX recently :sneaky: Very nice :thumb:
Yeah, well, it's an Intense, so you can still be half non-prejudiced to it. This is a non-Intense single pivot. I'm beginning to think there's something funny with the water up there in SB...maybe the same stuff that's stunting the groms' brains in the area??

MD

Trigger

Chimp
Jul 15, 2004
Oslo - Norway
I love it.

As for custom stuff, foes has always been good on replacement when something breaks.

And the bikes are designed around the curnutts, so it's like wanting to buy a vpfree - but remove the vpp technology because you like the single pivot feel....

If you want a Foes (and a lot of people does, because the ride is insane!), you'll have no problem with the custom parts.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
MikeD said:
Yeah, well, it's an Intense, so you can still be half non-prejudiced to it. This is a non-Intense single pivot. I'm beginning to think there's something funny with the water up there in SB...maybe the same stuff that's stunting the groms' brains in the area??

MD

No, actually I've always liked Foes bikes, despite the lack of pivots. And I despise Intense even though I own one and they rise really nice :D

As for the SB groms, they annoy the hell out of me too :mumble:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I remeber looking at that proto and thinking "Damn, what's up with that whimpy little top tube?" All fixed for production. That thing looks like a warrior rock gobbler fo' sure.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Foes didnt have much of a race team this year......maybe they were saving there money until this thing came out.

Would be awesome to see how that bike handles highspeed World Cup courses with a top notch pilot on it.....

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
OOOOHHH
can i be the 1st to say that FOES bikes look sooo goddam good built up?

they look totally different,not 'all swingarm'

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
these are great pics.The 3rd one shows the linkage,delrin shock glider and spacer,and the chainguide.
The last one-check out the monocoque top tube area.Brent said there are shapes all over the place to keep it straight during heat treat.Less warping since there aren't many flat sections.

Man when you see the 303 in person the mainframe is so sick-it looks like Foes made it!
which one is the 'sickest temanator bike of all time'?

If i had a lifted F350 i would have a hard time deciding which one would be tied down in the bed moto style...Oh wait the foes comes in black..choice made.

SCARY

Not long enough
Looks like Turner and an M3 made a baby.......I've had 3 Foeses?and it now is just occured to me how much money I've spent.(Eeechhgg!)Why can Ironhorse make an equal US made bike at a fraction of the cost?I'm not sure how these guys stay in business.I'd hate to have to reinvent a friggen bike every year. My Yamaha is starting to look like a better cost/fun ratio purchase.