Quantcast

Fort William World Cup - Live Thread

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Freecaster.tv worked great for me. Couple hiccups--no major problems.

Commentary was hilarious. CG + Rob Warner + Anneke is a pretty good combo.

"WHERE IS DA BEEF?!" :rofl:

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Anyone have any idea what Minnaar's "issue" was that he had to "nurse" in his race run? Ohhhhhh cryptic?

I.van

Monkey
Apr 15, 2007
Australia
I was working today, does anyone know when the re-play will be up?

Also whats up with Sick Micks twin valves?
Le system?
Wild guess here, but it's the first thing that came to mind after seeing that pic, and hearing CG's comments about tubeliss burping.

Maybe Mavic are trying to run a system like the Nuetech Moto Tubliss, to prevent burping?

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
CG rocked! :D
Even w/o chain he was able to keep enough speed to do awsome no-hander at the bottom of the track :D

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Wild guess here, but it's the first thing that came to mind after seeing that pic, and hearing CG's comments about tubeliss burping.

Maybe Mavic are trying to run a system like the Nuetech Moto Tubliss, to prevent burping?
Interesting, almost like an internal beadlock. Seems like something that could have potential.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
A lot of chain drops this weekend? thoughts?
Lightweight components lost out to durable components. Pushing the weights down too far is my guess. I couldn't tell on the Freecaster feed what brands blew up. I saw only one close enough to I.D. but won't mention the name for fear of being called a hater.

Anybody who can spot who the other ones were? It looked like the lower roller blew or the chain popped out between the chainring and lower pulley.
If it is bashless guards, maybe switch back to bashers to get that one extra piece to keep the chain in place.

I still think chainguides with no bashguard is not smart. You take a chain, a chainring, a 14" BB and put this little rudder beside it and ask all rocks to hit the rudder, not the chain????:rolleyes:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Lightweight components lost out to durable components. Pushing the weights down too far is my guess. I couldn't tell on the Freecaster feed what brands blew up. I saw only one close enough to I.D. but won't mention the name for fear of being called a hater.

Anybody who can spot who the other ones were? It looked like the lower roller blew or the chain popped out between the chainring and lower pulley.
If it is bashless guards, maybe switch back to bashers to get that one extra piece to keep the chain in place.

I still think chainguides with no bashguard is not smart. You take a chain, a chainring, a 14" BB and put this little rudder beside it and ask all rocks to hit the rudder, not the chain????:rolleyes:
Cedric on an mrp G2, and the other guy that I saw was on a Straitline

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone have any idea what Minnaar's "issue" was that he had to "nurse" in his race run? Ohhhhhh cryptic?
I was wondering the same thing.
me three.

was a great race. Got to watch the final women live on Freecaster, which worked perfectly. Stoked for Sabrina, caus' it proves she didn't win last year just because Rachel was gone. She beat her fair and square - on home soil no less (actually, here's a question: do Brits really consider Scotland "home soil"; and is the opposite true too?) then I had to go to my pre-natal classes... (man, women have to deal with some pretty nasty stuff in birth! :eek:)

watched the mens replay later that night. They seemed to have some issues getting the replay up, but that got fixed within a couple of hours and I got to watch to whole thing live. Thanks Freecaster. It was a sweet race. it almost seems like the "changing of the guard" is starting to happen...

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I noticed for sure. No e*thirteens that I counted though, woohoo!!

Not that it really matters to me as now I'm an innocent bystander..
Understood. It's your legacy.:thumb:

And those were the two guides I spotted too. I just know that since the day John P and you talked me into bolting an E13 on back in the day of the "Evil" bashguard, I've not once thrown a chain.

Bro-love! "fistpump":p

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
replay wouldn't work for me last night, just the spinning circles.....might try again tonight, but frankly, the mtbcut/dirttv/etc highlights are so good, it probably isn't worth the hassle.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
replay wouldn't work for me last night, just the spinning circles.....might try again tonight, but frankly, the mtbcut/dirttv/etc highlights are so good, it probably isn't worth the hassle.
dd it to me last night but after about the 4th refresh, it played straight through and I got to skip all the people I don't know. Two thumbs way up there for Freecaster and mother nature. One thumb way down for watching the millionth flat tire for Chris Kovarik.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Minaar also had a chain guide issue apparantly. Could not pedal as much as he wanted without his chain having issues.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Sure looked to me like Minnaar was able to pedal just fine by the bottom of the course. Maybe he was just out sprinted and confused as to why?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Update on Sarsha Huntington (injured rider in womens 4x):

Hi, Its Randal here.(Sarsha's Husband) Just an update . Sarsha is currently still in hospital in Fort Will with a puncture wound in her thigh that has cut right through to her femur bone. She is well bummed about it but all good otherwise and is currently tossing up whether to stick around and try... and race the next round or head back to Australia and hang out with me for a little loving.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think Stevie gets "best in show"...

and how the hell did Mrs. Huntington cut herself so deeply?! :eek: I saw her crash and it looked like she knocked herself out; it didn't look like anything would have cut her... glad to hear she "OK" and recovering though. Hope she's heals up fast.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Sure looked to me like Minnaar was able to pedal just fine by the bottom of the course. Maybe he was just out sprinted and confused as to why?
might have had a close call with the chain coming off/jamming in the rougher parts of the track, once on the motorway he was probably good to go since it's pretty smooth. this is e-speculation at its finest, or course.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
might have had a close call with the chain coming off/jamming in the rougher parts of the track, once on the motorway he was probably good to go since it's pretty smooth. this is e-speculation at its finest, or course.
Well from what I can figure out, Minnaar blamed Dougie for his race run "issue", and as we can hear in the Vital slideshow, he had a new pedal on for race run as he smashed one in practice, so maybe poor old Dougie Hatrick didn't quite tighten up the pedal? Who knows

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Well from what I can figure out, Minnaar blamed Dougie for his race run "issue", and as we can hear in the Vital slideshow, he had a new pedal on for race run as he smashed one in practice, so maybe poor old Dougie Hatrick didn't quite tighten up the pedal? Who knows
Last year he had an issue at Le Breast....rear brake i think.....