Quantcast

Found out a very close friend is getting married.

jsh191

Monkey
Nov 16, 2006
birdsboro, pa
well, i'll add my input to this thread... i was a virgin until marriage (age 26), as was my wife, and i have no regrets. we are both christians, and it is a fundamental part of our belief systems.

one item of clarification... sex for procreation is a catholic belief, not a "christian" belief.

and, there are plenty of people who feel that sex is something that should be saved for marriage and enjoyed as a part of a meaningful, faith-based relationship.

it does still happen.

one item of clarification... sex for procreation is a catholic belief, not a "christian" belief.

and, there are plenty of people who feel that sex is something that should be saved for marriage and enjoyed as a part of a meaningful, faith-based relationship.

it does still happen.
Are you allowed according to your interpretation of the bible to use contraception?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
They're real into the whole Christian fundamentalism thing and I could totally see her daughter not having had sex till marriage. But while I could see it I guess I would have just assumed that she would have had it since nobody really follows Christianity that well.

Guess I was mistaken...

That whole Christian Marriage thing is pretty damn kinky....

http://christiandomesticdiscipline.com/Home.html

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
well, i'll add my input to this thread... i was a virgin until marriage (age 26), as was my wife, and i have no regrets. we are both christians, and it is a fundamental part of our belief systems.

it does still happen.
Holy mother of God...George W. Bush is on RM!! :panic:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Its withdrawing before the big bang theory enters into the bed. Props given...

I am so glad I wasnt in the chior no an alter boy
Isn't that considered wasting your "seed?" You must excuse my mastery (lack thereof) of the bible, but I believe that wasting your seed, and thus not using it mid coitus, is considered bad.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
football player....not connecting the dots here...help out
Sorry, I made a huge jump in my head. After several years of marriage they chose to be celebate for one year. Please Google Image search for Brenda Warner. If my mind is working right, it should bring some clarity to the whole "choosing celebacy" situation.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Please Google Image search for Brenda Warner. If my mind is working right, it should bring some clarity to the whole "choosing celebacy" situation.
this

When ugly is to strong a word to describe a woman, handsome is sometimes thrown around.

This would be a case for the latter.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Isn't that considered wasting your "seed?" You must excuse my mastery (lack thereof) of the bible, but I believe that wasting your seed, and thus not using it mid coitus, is considered bad.
In the Jewish tradition if a man died an unmarried brother was to marry the dead brother's wife and the kids from that marriage were to be reckoned as the dead brother's children (if the dead man had no children IRC). There is a story in the old testament where this happens and the brother(s) that were married to the widow "spilled his seed" on the ground thus not continuing their dead brother's line and they were struck dead by God. My memory is vague on this exactly but it went something like that. AFAIK there's nothing in the OT or NT that says you can't knock boots for fun and intimacy with your spouse and therefore anything between them goes as long as both parties are consenting.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
In the Jewish tradition if a man died an unmarried brother was to marry the dead brother's wife and the kids from that marriage were to be reckoned as the dead brother's children (if the dead man had no children IRC). There is a story in the old testament where this happens and the brother(s) that were married to the widow "spilled his seed" on the ground thus not continuing their dead brother's line and they were struck dead by God. My memory is vague on this exactly but it went something like that. AFAIK there's nothing in the OT or NT that says you can't knock boots for fun and intimacy with your spouse and therefore anything between them goes as long as both parties are consenting.

Wow......... maybe it was just an accident, sometimes that happens.....

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
My Nephew and his GF are saying they are virgins, but they do have plenty of Oral he say's

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My brother is 23, and I know for a fact that he and his fiance' will be having sex for the first time on their honeymoon.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I certainly hope no one poked fun at this girl for making this choice.

People so often make fun of Christians for being hypocritical, and not living up to the standards that they claim are right and just. And then when a Christian does, in fact, live up to those standards, they're still made fun of.

Go figure.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
(Genesis 38:9) - "And Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so it came about that when he went in to his brother’s wife, he wasted his seed on the ground, in order not to give offspring to his brother."

The sin, I believe, is taken out of context. Catholics interpret this verse to mean that the sin was the spilling of the seed.

Many Christians believe that the sin wasn't involved in using the pull-out method as a form of contraception, but that the sin took place because Onan was supposed to give his brother's wife a child, and he spilled his seed in order to keep her from getting prego.

Here's a quote from www.carm.org:

"Why did God kill Onan for spilling his seed on the ground? The reason God did this is not because Onan wasted his seed on the ground, but because Onan refused to perform his familial duties of producing offspring for his brother's. This was a great offense at the time. Now, we must realize that the culture was very different than ours is today. In that culture, when a man died and left no children, the next of kin was sometimes obligated to "go into" the wife and produce children. These children were then considered to be the descendents of the original late husband and would be raised as such. This way, the offspring would be able to take care of the mother, provide more people for the community, and thereby raise their own children, continuing the name of that family. Onan knew this and refused to take part in furthering the honor and name of the brother's wife and thereby also risking provision for her in the future. To this, God was very displeased and took Onan's life."

Hope that helps.