Quantcast

fri gfmt

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wife ordered my XO1 derailleur for me yesterday for Xmas it turns out. Score.

Shop in tax free NH about 30min away has the XO1 crankset and cassette I want in stock at the store according to their site. Going to call in the AM to confirm and if they do may take older kid with me to get the rest of the build, sans pedals.
I am installing a new XX1 RD, cassette and chain as soon as the current drive train wears out.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Score. They had Covid 19 vaccination slots left over from groups one and two so they opened it up to group three and I got a slot. Get my shot on Sunday at 10:30 am
Happy Birthday! And enjoy you 5G chip. ;)
Do they already schedule an appointment for you for the second shot when you get the first?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Seeing as though it is a National Monument and not a National Park, there are mountainbike trails on St. Helens. Fun but not amazing trails, but the point of riding them is being able to see a good chunk of the area that would normally take several days of hiking.
It would take me as long riding as hiking it. I stop every 100 meters to take pictures. :-)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Happy Birthday! And enjoy you 5G chip. ;)
Do they already schedule an appointment for you for the second shot when you get the first?
Registration is all on line. When you sign up for the first shot ( date and hour group of 40 people) it then pops up the appropriate date and group choices for the second shot. Everything is being done at St Rose Hospital in Hayward for EMS and FIre

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You guys and your tycoon'esque drivetrains. I do believe I'll be replacing my GX with GX. In fact, I'll probably only replace the chain this winter to prolong the life of my cassette and chainring.

Wife ordered my XO1 derailleur for me yesterday for Xmas it turns out. Score.

Shop in tax free NH about 30min away has the XO1 crankset and cassette I want in stock at the store according to their site. Going to call in the AM to confirm and if they do may take older kid with me to get the rest of the build, sans pedals.
Whys the tax free part matter? Don't you declare your tax free NH purchases on your tax return so MA can collect? :rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
You guys and your tycoon'esque drivetrains. I do believe I'll be replacing my GX with GX. In fact, I'll probably only replace the chain this winter to prolong the life of my cassette and chainring.
I have been rotating 5 chains on e13 cassettes and a variety of chainrings for the past two years-ish. I came to a conclusion that excessive chain rotation hits a point of diminishing returns fast so no more than 2-3 chains from now on.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I have been rotating 5 chains on e13 cassettes and a variety of chainrings for the past two years-ish. I came to a conclusion that excessive chain rotation hits a point of diminishing returns fast so no more than 2-3 chains from now on.
To be fair, you also ride quite a bit more than I do. I have probably 3.5 years on my current drivetrain, and maybe 1,000 miles or so.

Probably getting to be about time to show it some love.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Whys the tax free part matter? Don't you declare your tax free NH purchases on your tax return so MA can collect? :rofl:
I am running the same drivetrain that came with the bike in 2012. I actually had to jut go look to see what it was ( if it shifts I am ok with it and I run stuff until I break it.) SRAM X5 LOL

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What are you using as a quick link to be swapping that much?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Registration is all on line. When you sign up for the first shot ( date and hour group of 40 people) it then pops up the appropriate date and group choices for the second shot. Everything is being done at St Rose Hospital in Hayward for EMS and FIre
Do you get to choose between 4G or 5G?