Quantcast

->>> Fry tag <<<-

I have a chipmunk who appears to have taken up residence in my front garden and under the front door slab. So far he has excavated a bit more than half a 5 gallon bucket of chips and dust from under the slab and stonework along the garden

I was able to trap him and relocate. Unfortunately I did not take him far enough away ( 5 miles it seems is the number ), I figured 2 would be enough. :banghead:

Two days later I look out and see him doing this :rofl: :no::rofl: while I do this :banghead::banghead:

Trap has now been sitting for a couple of days open. Just baited it with it still wired open. Will let the little fucker think the free buffet is on then...:butcher:

This time he will be going with me on my next ride, and he can take up residence at the trail system (27 miles away - find your way home from that ya little bastard.)
Chipmunks tend to live in groups. You might see one, bet there's a crew.They'll investigate a trap, so no bait is necessary.

I had a colony raising hell in our front yard, so set up a small baitless Havahart trap. Over a week, I caught eleven of the critters, walked them up the road a quarter of a mile, and released them. None have returned.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Chipmunks tend to live in groups. You might see one, bet there's a crew.They'll investigate a trap, so no bait is necessary.

I had a colony raising hell in our front yard, so set up a small baitless Havahart trap. Over a week, I caught eleven of the critters, walked them up the road a quarter of a mile, and released them. None have returned.

Interesting....

I was told many moons ago Eastern Chipmunks are solitary except when with young, and they tend to have two litters a year.

Maybe we have a Mom and kits....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
my favorite is the guys that drive $50k+ brodozers home to the apartments they rent. or a doublewide.

I like to play a few games at work. One is guessing what kind of car people walking in the parking lot will get into. 90% you can guess correctly.

-The blue collar guys roll into a $50K+ truck, with the exception of the young blue collar guys who step into something stanced with at least one body panel with mismatched paint.
-Engineers step into some economy car or crossover SUV.
-Secretaries drive BMWs and Mercedes.

As traffic exits the factory, all the trucks take the exit that goes north, all the cars go south.

The other game is figuring out who people are by the way they walk.

-Although not a majority, dudes who walk with their elbows out to look bigger are always a blue collar guy, and usually a really dumb one, they drive lifted trucks.

-Women born in Asia tend to swing their arms excessively. Those born in the US do not.

That was while working in the factory. Now that I work in a regular office building it is a completely different game. Covid has interrupted my analysis but i can tell if someone has ever worked in the factory or if they have always been desk jockeys by the way they dress.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I like to play a few games at work. One is guessing what kind of car people walking in the parking lot will get into. 90% you can guess correctly.

-The blue collar guys roll into a $50K+ truck, with the exception of the young blue collar guys who step into something stanced with at least one body panel with mismatched paint.

As traffic exits the factory, all the trucks take the exit that goes north, all the cars go south.

-Although not a majority, dudes who walk with their elbows out to look bigger are always a blue collar guy, and usually a really dumb one, they drive lifted trucks.

-Women born in Asia tend to swing their arms excessively. Those born in the US do not.

That was while working in the factory. Now that I work in a regular office building it is a completely different game. Covid has interrupted my analysis but i can tell if someone has ever worked in the factory or if they have always been desk jockeys by the way they dress.
Who drives a 20 yo VW Beetle with a manual transmission? Asking for a friend.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll take that as a compliment.
Wife can't operate clutch without knee pain anymore so I drive that chick car. And it's fun.
I drive it's more practical rectilinear brethren. As do many others around here.

Manual of course

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Sitting in the camper at the show grounds. I could have driven in the morning but after 5 days in a row of getting up at 4 am and out the door by 4:30 the option of waking up at 6:30 and just having to turn on my walkie talkie at 7am was very appealing. Had Tacos for dinner contemplating some ice cream just now while surfing the web on the laptop.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Interesting observations, though I'd be curious to see how they hold up in other locales. In CO, the male engineers tended towards mid-size pickups, female engineers, the Acura MDX. Like, the Acura MDX was a milestone or something, cause they all had em.

Around here its way more of a mixed bag, but mostly just boring, non-descript vehicles. Camrys, Escapes, nothing remarkable. Im probably the most notable switching between the diesel pickup and 5-speed Fit.

Clothing wise, lemme guess, dudes who have worked in shops wear jeans or Dickies, usually with a flannel in the fall/winter/spring, and some sorta boots. Desk jockeys got their wardrobe from Kohls; Dockers, Van Heusen button downs, and heinous pleather dress shoes. How'd I do?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Interesting observations, though I'd be curious to see how they hold up in other locales. In CO, the male engineers tended towards mid-size pickups, female engineers, the Acura MDX. Like, the Acura MDX was a milestone or something, cause they all had em.

Around here its way more of a mixed bag, but mostly just boring, non-descript vehicles. Camrys, Escapes, nothing remarkable. Im probably the most notable switching between the diesel pickup and 5-speed Fit.

Clothing wise, lemme guess, dudes who have worked in shops wear jeans or Dickies, usually with a flannel in the fall/winter/spring, and some sorta boots. Desk jockeys got their wardrobe from Kohls; Dockers, Van Heusen button downs, and heinous pleather dress shoes. How'd I do?
Pretty much nailed it.

We do have a fair number of engineers who drive trucks, the difference is they always have stock wheels and tires.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pretty much nailed it.

We do have a fair number of engineers who drive trucks, the difference is they always have stock wheels and tires.
They probably nerd out about OEM forged vs aftermarket cast wheels, and load ratings on tires. Because ya know I do.