Quantcast

Ft William Live!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Just got to Ft William. Beautiful drive up this year, hot (24c) sunny, bone dry... pparently not going to last. It was a pretty spectacular drive through the highlands though!

Riding tomorrow and then course walk Thursday and practice Friday.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Anyone want to post up a list of the last top 3 finishers 5 going 5 years back?

I tried looking it up this morning but my lack of skillz made me quit shortly after starting.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Did you bring your baby-blue Orange? (Hmm, strange sentence...). I guess it feels at home there.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Remember Fraser...

Live means timely updates, constant updates, without delay.

In saying that, 'you' might want to rephrase the original post to "Fort William delayed and few updates"

;-)

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Can't wait to see how this plays out..
3rd in a row for Peaty on home soil?
Hill stays on his bike this time?
Minnaar steps up?
Hannah takes the win?
Or maybe none of the above...
Gotta love World Cup racing!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Can't wait to see how this plays out..
3rd in a row for Peaty on home soil?
Hill stays on his bike this time?
Minnaar steps up?
Hannah takes the win?
Or maybe none of the above...
Gotta love World Cup racing!
Peaty is not from Scotland, hes from England. Lives about 8 hrs away.

Minnaar won there last year, would be nice to see a back to back.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
You tell a brit they are scottish, and a Scot that he's a brit and see what happens.
I've got plenty of Scottish friends who consider themselves British, just like I've got plenty of English friends who also consider themselves British. The Brit you're telling is Scottish could quite easily just be a Scotsman.

Britain = Great Britain = the UK. England is a part of Britain, so is Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. England =/= Britain.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I've got plenty of Scottish friends who consider themselves British, just like I've got plenty of English friends who also consider themselves British. The Brit you're telling is Scottish could quite easily just be a Scotsman.

Britain = Great Britain = the UK. England is a part of Britain, so is Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. England =/= Britain.
ok you win.

Anyways
Kind of bummer news, since womens 4x is like watching paint dry, Shanaze was supposed to race the Fort Will 4X, but is out now.
http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/press release/shanaze-reade-out-of-action/dirt-1235145.html

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
ok you win.

Anyways
Kind of bummer news, since womens 4x is like watching paint dry, Shanaze was supposed to race the Fort Will 4X, but is out now.
http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/press release/shanaze-reade-out-of-action/dirt-1235145.html
Yeah, but beating an American at geography is like beating a one-legged man at arse-kicking so I'm not going to gloat.

It would have been sweet to see Reade out there racing for sure, don't know if she's quite got the cornering chops to take on the MTB girls, but neither did Kintner when she crossed over. It's a shame she got hurt.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Yeah, but beating an American at geography is like beating a one-legged man at arse-kicking so I'm not going to gloat.

It would have been sweet to see Reade out there racing for sure, don't know if she's quite got the cornering chops to take on the MTB girls, but neither did Kintner when she crossed over. It's a shame she got hurt.
I was just trying to shut you up from making retarded points...

Reade would have killed those chicks-or blown up, regardless would have added some excitement to a horribly boring event.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop

Yeah no doubt. I can't even remember that island that the UK used to send all their criminals and hookers to live. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere...
if only I could remember..........

:biggrin:
Awesome, let's get back to the World Cup.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I'm curious to see how Hannah and his Kenda's do on this pounder of a course. So far he is the greatest Kenda DH'r of all time (errr, since i've been watching).....

shakedown

Aug 27, 2007
Atlanta
Yeah no doubt. I can't even remember that island that the UK used to send all their criminals and hookers to live. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere...
if only I could remember.......
no wonder I had some much fun in Brisbane for 3 weeks :banana:

ok back on topic! go Peaty

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
Burlington, Ontario, Canada

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Can't wait to get up there :biggrin: Pack your insect repellent tho boys and girls the Scottish midges ruined me last weekend, still got bite marks around where my pads where!

Would be cool to see Peaty take another win but I'm backing sick Mick for the win, gotta love a comeback kid!!

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
With regards to the British/Scottish debate I'll leave it to a Scot to tell you how it is :biggrin: -

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Everyone stop at the Kings House Hotel on the A82 about 45 minutes south of the Fort. Tell 'em Ryan sent you, then go and ride at Glencoe across the road, the track is supposed to be hell rough and tech in the summer.

Looking for Sam to come back and stomp everyone this round, gotta be hungry for some big points and has proven he can do it here before.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
according to the Dirt website, the weather forecast looks like its taking a turn for the worse. should make for a slippery race, I wonder if that'll suit Sam, or whether Peat is on an unstoppable streak... either way, should be a good show. looking forward to watching it on freecaster!

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Was it slick when Ruaridh Cunningham won there? How did his time compare to Senior Men? In other words, does he have a shot?

I'm really enjoying watching this new crop of riders come up, I'd love to see Bryceland, Cunningham, Fairclough or one of the others get his maiden win on home turf.