Ft William Live!

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
according to the Dirt website, the weather forecast looks like its taking a turn for the worse. should make for a slippery race, I wonder if that'll suit Sam, or whether Peat is on an unstoppable streak... either way, should be a good show. looking forward to watching it on freecaster!
Does the Fort Bill track get affected by rain that much? the pics make it look like it does not get sloppy.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
Was it slick when Ruaridh Cunningham won there? How did his time compare to Senior Men? In other words, does he have a shot?

I'm really enjoying watching this new crop of riders come up, I'd love to see Bryceland, Cunningham, Fairclough or one of the others get his maiden win on home turf.
doubt it will happen man, have you seen the pedalling section on ft bill? riders who win there are great all round riders who are powerful.

BrayDownhill

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Bray, Ireland
Slightly off topic but it seems from a french cup vid over on http://www.mtbcut.tv/ that Barel is back for Fort Bill.

He gives a good insight into how bad his knee is, but Barel has made a habit of getting good results after injuries, top 5 I'd say!!

Oh and my usual Barel love continues, he gives some of the best interviews, very smart and cool about everything.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Slightly off topic but it seems from a french cup vid over on http://www.mtbcut.tv/ that Barel is back for Fort Bill.

He gives a good insight into how bad his knee is, but Barel has made a habit of getting good results after injuries, top 5 I'd say!!

Oh and my usual Barel love continues, he gives some of the best interviews, very smart and cool about everything.
Barel is the man!!!

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Yeah, but beating an American at geography is like beating a one-legged man at arse-kicking so I'm not going to gloat.

It would have been sweet to see Reade out there racing for sure, don't know if she's quite got the cornering chops to take on the MTB girls, but neither did Kintner when she crossed over. It's a shame she got hurt.
I would love to see some European teenagers try to name the 50 US states and place them on a map..

Anyhow the race should be great..

Gridds

Monkey
Dec 18, 2008
Great Britain
was it just me or was there not alot of course footage in that course walk?:brow:
Yeah but I think the general impression is that the course is largely the same as last (any) year, but with the gravel swept away and a couple of new small sections in the woods.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Does the Fort Bill track get affected by rain that much? the pics make it look like it does not get sloppy.
Top section probably gets a bit quicker in the wet, damps down the gravel so it's not as drifty. Woods will obviously get a bit trickier, and some bits of the motorway might get a bit stodgier. Don't think it's meant to be that wet though. Wind can be more of a problem than rain up top...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'd like to see an American teenager do that! :imstupid:
while were in the business of making broad generalizations that have nothing to do with the race, I heard aliens kidnapped obama and turned him into a llama.

But seriously, stop tripping on your egos, there are plenty of smart americans and plenty of stupid ones, just like everybody else everywhere else in the world.

Back OT!

I think were going to see a crushing time from Sam this race. I think he wants it bad.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO

My right knee moves a TON but holy SH*T. It that even connected?

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle

WTB Timberwolves?!?!

Quick! Somebody buy Fabien a Sharpie....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My right knee moves a TON but holy SH*T. It that even connected?
Yeah, my thoughts exactly, that's unreal. :shocked: When I blew my ACL out I was barely getting 3mm of movement. he must have blown out more that one (maybe three) ligaments. If he races he should win the tough man of the year award. :clapping:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
That's got to be one of the best looking 4X tracks I've seen. It looks like someone actually designed it for mountain bikes, not for overgrown BMX's. Love the "rock garden".

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
I'd bet my ballbag that Sam and Bernard will be running some of that purpose made 2010 TLD GP air kit, that stuff that happens to be red, white, black and Monster green!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Hill fastest in timed practice (not qualifying as I'd originally written:poster_oops:)... (http://dirtmag.co.uk/worldcup/category/News/timed-practice-results/dirt-1235165.html) I wonder if this is a reversal of his usual practice of taking it easy in qualis and seeding caus' he's so hungry for the win. Or maybe he was holding back and he'll be looking for that 10 second winning margin come Sunday...

either way, it'll make for a good race. Bring it on! :cheers:

Last edited:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
indeed. :poster_oops: either way, he was still fastest, and he usually doesn't do that (based on what I've read in the past).
It's hard to read anything into.....only the rider knows what they were doing...

Going to be an interesting race.....Hill needs to go on a streak to gather some points. Seems like the top couple guys from last year haven't hit their stride yet. Peat just being very consistent and seems more relaxed....