Quantcast

=== GMT ===

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Up and at em!

Of course its pretty early ... I should have thought this through. Heck.

Another chilly maybe wet day in store.
Coffee and work. Have a good one.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Spent last night getting ready for her first horse show this weekend.She's been struggling jumping since she took a hard fall a year ago. The trainer realized she was yanking on the reigns before jumps in fear and the horse was stopping. I told her I'm going to take her mountain biking to help her realize you just have to let the bike or the horse roll over things. He's a good at jumping and a great horse all around but she was telling him the wrong things.

Attachments

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Grandma passed away last night. It has been a long time coming and she had hung on for a lot longer than anyone expected her to. She was 98 and lived a full long life. Now I have to find something nice to wear to the services and get a haircut.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Grandma passed away last night. It has been a long time coming and she had hung on for a lot longer than anyone expected her to. She was 98 and lived a full long life. Now I have to find something nice to wear to the services and get a haircut.
Maine grandmas are an extra tough bunch. Condolences.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

More stuff moved into the storage unit. Sold a fridge to a guy last night, he invited me down to ride the exclusive trails in Ken Caryl. Any CO monkeys ever been down that way?

Sorry to hear that. :(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Feeling only half awake. I hope I don't get called in to cover for my shitheel co-worker, whose retirement is unfortunately still only 5 months away.

Yesterday around 2:30 she decided that she was kind of feeling sick, but not enough to call in sick officially (which would mean she gets correspondingly less academic time, the weekday time during which I write papers/ski/bike). She just wanted less work to do. I protested but we ultimately let her have her way this time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Some donkey in their rusted out lifted bro truck Dodge Ram from 2000ish era met an unfortunate end this morning on the freeway. From the looks of it, the front suspension/axle complately collapsed and separated from the frame. Oops. Thank you for backing up traffic, bro.

Planning on riding tonight with some buddies. One of them has not touched a bike since we went to Pennsylvania last year. This should be interesting; this is of course assuming that his bike works and his tires still hold air.

Work is absolutely freakin' chaos right now. Working on a big project, which should be completing tomorrow. Its been like orchestrating an opera the last few days. Having contractors and two buildings and trying to manage that by myself has been....eye twinging type stress. This is all reflected in the current state of my office. It looks like a bomb went off in here. :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
listening to chris robinson....staring at the sun....trying to go back to sleep.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Dang, sorry to hear. Grandma's are AWESOME!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mostly. I think some "sports figures" may also live up there.
totally. I used to live just outside the canyon. poached the trails once when I was the FNG in town. cool stuff.
I'd live in there (or DC canyon) if I could afford it.
i just remember hitting a gas station there in my beat to hell 65 beetle and thinking...son...you do not belong here....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
upload_2018-5-2_9-50-31.png

Last night's ride... :D

I hadn't been there before. My buddies told me it's all smooth and flat. So I took my rigid SS. The reality is that its all on canadian shield, very rocky terrain, with lots of short, steep punchy climbs. My back got one hell of a workout. Traps, lats, and erector spinae are friggin stiff this morning.

Still, it was a great season opener. Only one week between fatbiking on snow to riding on dirt (well, rock). Sweet!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Used + Avy?
I thought about getting a float X and having avy drop their hi/lo adjuster in it (plus tune) for 600 (300shock +300 tune). I have loved all the avy stuff I've owned and ridden, but I either get tunability and no climb switch or climb switch with limited tunability. The x2 has both in a factory model.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
View attachment 128696
Last night's ride... :D

I hadn't been there before. My buddies told me it's all smooth and flat. So I took my rigid SS. The reality is that its all on canadian shield, very rocky terrain, with lots of short, steep punchy climbs. My back got one hell of a workout. Traps, lats, and erector spinae are friggin stiff this morning.

Still, it was a great season opener. Only one week between fatbiking on snow to riding on dirt (well, rock). Sweet!
Bonus points for the shape of the trail, minus the tumor.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Freshies on the toilet at work!
Today reminds me of cyclocross. I like cyclocross days. On these days the canyon is devoid of indignant roadies.
Today is going to be a good. -ice cube

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Cant get the bead on a new tire onto my rim. I don’t have my heat gun cuz it’s on loan. Afraid to pry too much but had to give up.
Any tricks?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Cant get the bead on a new tire onto my rim. I don’t have my heat gun cuz it’s on loan. Afraid to pry too much but had to give up.
Any tricks?
Can't get it to seat or you can't get the bead of the tire around the hoop?

Pry it (harder) now.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
leave the tire in a hot sunny spot today, and then try after it gets warm.

and you are having trouble getting the tire to seat with a tube in it?
It won’t pull over the rim. Once I can get the 4” section to pop in I’m good