Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Well, I'm not sure if to many people have noticed, but we're selling our DH bikes, and we're just basically gonna scale back. We're gonna try to just get all around types of bikes instead of a bike for every type of riding.

But of course we have to fulfill our adrenaline addiction with something, so on friday we went out and purchased these!

This is Laura's (Velocity Girl)

And this one is mine

We took them out both Sat and Sun to get them broken in, so we couldn't go wide open like we wanted, but we still had a blast regardless. I've now made the inital oil change, and the next time we take them out, we get to really see what they are made of! :D

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
robdamanii said:
Just be careful on those 4 wheelers. I know a few guys who have wadded them up and ended up with numerous broken bones and long hospital stays.

Yea, I definately know about getting hurt on bigger machines.....One good thing is that I grew up riding/racing 3 wheelers, and quads.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all.

I had an awesome weekend! I met a couple buddies early Sat morning and we headed south to Kenosha Pass. Rode Kenosha Pass to Georgia Pass. Distance was about 24 miles roundtrip. Climbed and decended over 5100 vert feet. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. I'll post photos soon.

Sunday was spent clearing out and painting the room for the new baby. Not as much fun as Saturday, but it was good to get that done and out of the way. All day long my legs felt like rubber from the ride the day before. Last night, I watched the anal probe episode of South Park and went to bed.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
narlus said:
freak, why not go w/ MX over ATV?
Cause ATV is just more fun....Velocity Girl agrees also. We've both had MX bikes in the past, and we both agree that quads are more fun.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin all.

I had an awesome weekend! I met a couple buddies early Sat morning and we headed south to Kenosha Pass. Rode Kenosha Pass to Georgia Pass. Distance was about 24 miles roundtrip. Climbed and decended over 5100 vert feet. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. I'll post photos soon.

Sunday was spent clearing out and painting the room for the new baby. Not as much fun as Saturday, but it was good to get that done and out of the way. All day long my legs felt like rubber from the ride the day before. Last night, I watched the anal probe episode of South Park and went to bed.
What type of riding was your ride, technical?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Freak said:
Cause ATV is just more fun....Velocity Girl agrees also. We've both had MX bikes in the past, and we both agree that quads are more fun.
are they more fun because they ruin twice the trail an MX bike does? :sneaky:

ok, i'll stop being such a snarky bastard, but it's a sensitive topic for multi-user trails out in eastern MA.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
narlus said:

ok, i'll stop being such a snarky bastard, but it's a sensitive topic for multi-user trails out in eastern MA.
That's why we ride in designated ORV parks. Not on multi user trails.

You snarky bastard! :eviltongu

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Our good friend LOOnatic was in town this weekend, and he invited is over to play around on the MX bikes. I think I've found a new addiction....:devil:

Tonight I'm going for a short DH ride and then starting to pack for our trip. Have a good day! :)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Busy weekend with the grandkids. Great workouts on both Friday night and Saturday morning. Adding 30 minutes on the elliptical 3 times a week and skipping the stationary bike all together.

30 minutes is not hard per say. Killer workout that is the most "comfortable" to do. I do the cardio, HR anywhere between 145 and 150.

Droppin poundage and tonin muscle……feeling great. :thumb:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
awesome weekend. took off friday and went to attitash w/ a guy i work with. we got there a bit later than i wanted (boxxer blown seals meant i put my monster T on in the morning; conway traffic is always a beeyotch) but we had a decent day's riding which had minor interruptions:

my fork spacers weren't quite right as compared to the boxxer so i couldn't get all the play out of the headset; couldn't fix it on the top of the mountain so the first run was a bit goofy because of that

steve had his QR fail open (luckily he wasn't doing a drop or going fast) and his front wheel left his bike. he banged up his side pretty well but it could have been a lot worse.

the thunderclouds moved in right at that point, and they closed the lifts for the day.

despite this, it totally beat a day at work. fun trails, although they are getting chewed. the erosion just in the last two weeks was very noticeable.
I was there yesterday. The trails are def getting eroded. It was a poor showing: (1) flat( 1st run as well), (1) otb on S.A.S. = ouch. I started falling apart after that. Called it a day by 3:00 and drove home.

Do you know about using the West Side Rd. to bypass N Conway?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Good morning everyone.

It was my mom's b-day on Fri, but we (my brothers and sister, step dad, etc) didn't call her or send her anything.

We all just showed up at her house Sat while she was making lunch. We surprised her so much I thought she was going to have a heart attack.

:D

Neck deep in craptacular idiocy at work this morning. :mumble:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:

You should see the MX/quad rapage of some of the singletrack in Crested Butte. :mad: :mumble:

They're going to f*** themselves right out of places to ride if they continue to destroy trails like they do.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
hmm...I don't think I have ever posted in one of the good morning threads...anyway I'm into the 2nd week of my vacation and having a real relaxing time. We're staying with my wifes brother on Pender Island in B.C>. I have done a ton of things...kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, road riding, swimming, as well as a ton of walking. aside from the 'puter there not much in the way of high tech here and it's kind of nice.

Folks here do a lot of walking and the island only has about 2500 people so they all seem to know eachother pretty well. I get to sleep in late 'till about 8AM and the weather has been about mid 80's the whole time we've been here....I'm soo not looking foward to going back to work.....D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Wrapped up my 1st year of school!!!!! Friday was the last day. My GPA for the semester was 4.0, and my Cumulative is 3.84. I have a year and a half left till the Bachelors of Science Degree in Paralegal Studies. So, all the prerequisites are done, meaning, by education, I am a paralegal. Essentially, I am now a senior in college…..(hey ya cute little co-ed, wanna do some studying togther????? :sneaky: SLAP!)

Now all the focused studies are next. I have a choice of degree focus, Torts and Medical Malpractice, Law Office Management and ADR (Alternate Dispute Resolution). I’m leaning towards the ADR as that seems to be the trend of our courts systems.

I thought of Law Office management, but being the manager of a bunch of good looking women with attitudes will in all likelihood get me killed…. :help: :eek: :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BMXman said:
hmm...I don't think I have ever posted in one of the good morning threads...anyway I'm into the 2nd week of my vacation and having a real relaxing time. We're staying with my wifes brother on Pender Island in B.C>. I have done a ton of things...kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, road riding, swimming, as well as a ton of walking. aside from the 'puter there not much in the way of high tech here and it's kind of nice.

Folks here do a lot of walking and the island only has about 2500 people so they all seem to know eachother pretty well. I get to sleep in late 'till about 8AM and the weather has been about mid 80's the whole time we've been here....I'm soo not looking foward to going back to work.....D
good to see ya in here man!!!!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BMXman said:
normally I work at 6am so I'm up by 5am...so 8am feels great:thumb:...D
I see.

You need to drink a bunch of Jim Beam and wake up at the crack of noon at least ONCE, or it's not a real vacation.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ROCKLAND said:
I was there yesterday. The trails are def getting eroded. It was a poor showing: (1) flat( 1st run as well), (1) otb on S.A.S. = ouch. I started falling apart after that. Called it a day by 3:00 and drove home.

Do you know about using the West Side Rd. to bypass N Conway?
in the span of ~2 weeks since i was there last, the amount of erosion is startling to say the least. kids will be kids is all torn up, hell even grandma's house has a lot more space between the rocks than it did. oh chute wasn't as bad as people on Bustedspoke seemed to think, and that chute/berm thing is still fun/scary.

haven't used west side rd. i don't get up that way all too often, but maybe i should check a map. i've heard of a cut-around, but it's been at least 7 years since i was in conway.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
narlus said:
freak, why not go w/ MX over ATV?
Just different types of riding. Terrain can be very fun and challenging to navigate on 'em. I also feel more confident on them at speed, jumping, and going downhill (funny that I'll fly downhill on my mtb but the it also spooked me on the mx bike..hehe). After being on 2 wheels for so long 4 wheels is an interesting change. The places we have around here to ride are designated ORV parks. ORV's have their place to play and mtb's have theirs (it's just the dhers that get the shaft around here!)

But they are a blast and I can't wait to get back out 'em! :D

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
in the span of ~2 weeks since i was there last, the amount of erosion is startling to say the least. kids will be kids is all torn up, hell even grandma's house has a lot more space between the rocks than it did. oh chute wasn't as bad as people on Bustedspoke seemed to think, and that chute/berm thing is still fun/scary.

haven't used west side rd. i don't get up that way all too often, but maybe i should check a map. i've heard of a cut-around, but it's been at least 7 years since i was in conway.
There was a while there, last summer in particular, when there was little to no berm @ the bottom of the chute. :eek:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ROCKLAND said:
There was a while there, last summer in particular, when there was little to no berm @ the bottom of the chute. :eek:
yikes!

i've only ridden the trail 3 times and haven't crashed, but it's always seemed dicey. good stuff; i like that little rock lip when you come out of the woods and under the lift just after it.

rode w/ my monster T for the 1st time in a while. was digging it. :)

seriously, though - some of the trails are in tough shape, and there's not a lot of traffic at the mountain. is it because they are poorly designed, or has the place been getting torrential rains?