Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I just realized I skipped (or rather skimmed over) a few posts... reading is phundamental amirite?!

anyways... how long have you had it and are you happy with it? if I'm not mistaken you're in a area that gets occasional power outages. Has that been a problem at all?
Power outage is still an issue whether you've got a heat pump or fuel furnace. Granted the heat pump uses more juice so you'd need a bigger backup generator if that's your thought.

I've been living with heat pumps the last 4 years, 100% AC coverage and 50% of our heating. No complaints or issues. We'd probably be 100% heat pump but that wasn't an reality for several reasons.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Power outage is still an issue whether you've got a heat pump or fuel furnace. Granted the heat pump uses more juice so you'd need a bigger backup generator if that's your thought.

I've been living with heat pumps the last 4 years, 100% AC coverage and 50% of our heating. No complaints or issues. We'd probably be 100% heat pump but that wasn't an reality for several reasons.
This is one of the reasons why I have the fireplace insert.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
This is one of the reasons why I have the fireplace insert.
I just bought a splitting axe for that reason. Bucked up a bunch of wood over the weekend and need to build an emergency stash.

Well, that and wire up a generator transfer switch so I could run my gas furnace.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hit a patch of ice doing 35mph downhill on my road ride this afternoon. For a split second I thought I was about to have a very bad moment. Thankfully bike and rider stayed upright.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Didn’t have that on my bingo card tonight. I imagine that, if he’s getting this same storm up north, Woo is having a snow induced meltdown today.

86B394FD-B7DD-4128-9415-3EA1D6E0451E.jpeg

Dog 1 is deathly afraid of rain and has peed inside twice today, Dog 2 gives not a single fuck and was outside in a downpour norfling flowers. The house smells fantastic at the moment

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Didn’t have that on my bingo card tonight. I imagine that, if he’s getting this same storm up north, Woo is having a snow induced meltdown today.

View attachment 191284

Dog 1 is deathly afraid of rain and has peed inside twice today, Dog 2 gives not a single fuck and was outside in a downpour norfling flowers. The house smells fantastic at the moment

It's been snowing all day but the bulk of the violence is down your way.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
That won't keep pipes from freezing...
…unless you get up every few hours to add wood.

We had a week this winter where it got sub 20F every night. For us that is very atypically cold. Our wood stove, which is our only source of heat*, was able to keep up, but it was a lot of work. Definitely looking at a mini-split install this summer.

*We have a couple of “Cadets,” but they’re about useless…

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
…unless you get up every few hours to add wood.

We had a week this winter where it got sub 20F every night. For us that is very atypically cold. Our wood stove, which is our only source of heat*, was able to keep up, but it was a lot of work. Definitely looking at a mini-split install this summer.

*We have a couple of “Cadets,” but they’re about useless…
I have a single mini-split that heats the whole house. Heat being a relative term.

The beauty of a full basement is that it contains all the plumbing and never gets below 40 degrees no matter what it is doing outside or whether the heat is on upstairs.