Quantcast

Got a 'little' surprise yesterday

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
SkaredShtles said:
Holy crap, man. May the FSM have mercy on your soul. Pray that you might be touched by his noodly appendage before it's too late. :D
Sounds like he'll have more than enough noodly appendages around the house as is.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I'm sorry I missed this when you first posted it but congratulations! As a father of twins (21 months old), I will tell you it's an AMAZING experience. My kids have such different personalities and I'm loving watching them grow. Good luck. Say 'good-bye' to bikes for a little while.

toby

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Wumpus said:
She's doing pretty good. Sore back and stuff, but nothing major. The ultrasound kind of sucked because she had to lay on her back for a little over an hour. Thought I was going to have to wheel her out of the hospital.
Wow! I am glad to hear she's feeling well. My mother had a lot of problems sitting and with a sore back when she was carrying my sisters (twins both over 8lbs. when they were born). When is she due again?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
TreeSaw said:
Wow! I am glad to hear she's feeling well. My mother had a lot of problems sitting and with a sore back when she was carrying my sisters (twins both over 8lbs. when they were born). When is she due again?
Mid to late January. The ultrasound put them at 26 weeks.

The wife says that twins are usually early so lets hope so or she may not be able to move the last month.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Susan went in for her weekly appointment, and she has dilated more since last week(2.5 now) so the doc put her in the hospital for a couple days for observation. She was at a 4 with our first one for over a month. Hopefully, she will be back home friday evening.

Her due date is Jan 22nd or so, but the doc is hoping she makes it to at least Jan 1st -- twins are usually early.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Wumpus said:
Susan went in for her weekly appointment, and she has dilated more since last week(2.5 now) so the doc put her in the hospital for a couple days for observation. She was at a 4 with our first one for over a month. Hopefully, she will be back home friday evening.

Her due date is Jan 22nd or so, but the doc is hoping she makes it to at least Jan 1st -- twins are usually early.

Nice! If born before 31 Dec, you my friend, have 2 new tax deductions for this year!!!!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Cool. Two of my cousins announced that they are pregnant on Thanksgiving. Sisters due 2 weeks apart. I guess that one was like "We (her + husband) have an announcement" and the other was like "We do too!" then they just kind of looked at each other. First grand kids on that side of the family.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Repack said:
Cool. Two of my cousins announced that they are pregnant on Thanksgiving.
i met my cousin's kids this past weekend. my mom and i have been trying to get in touch with her for the past 6 years or so...

turns out she had been living in Mexico with the father of her children (he was an illegal here in Tejas) for the past 5yrs. now she's fluent in spanish, and her kids are growing up bilingual. and i believe the father now has his green card.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Colin(#1 10:41am) weighs in at 5lbs15oz and is 18.5".
Ryan(#2 10:49am) weighs in at 6lbs3oz and is 18.5".

The doctor had her deliver in the OR just in case anything happened --we had a doctor, an anesthelogist, five or so delivery nurses, and one NICU nurse, with the C-section doc on standby but everything was fine and dandy.

J

JRB

Awesome - I am soooo excited it went so well. It's more cool that they are as big as they are. :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Wumpus said:
Colin(#1 10:41am) weighs in at 5lbs15oz and is 18.5".
Ryan(#2 10:49am) weighs in at 6lbs3oz and is 18.5".

The doctor had her deliver in the OR just in case anything happened --we had a doctor, an anesthelogist, five or so delivery nurses, and one NICU nurse, with the C-section doc on standby but everything was fine and dandy.
YEAH!!!! Congratulations to all of you. Can't wait to see some pics! It's awesome to see so many :monkey: babies!!! :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Congrats! Isn't that a fairly large set of twins? She must have been really happy to give birth!

Glad to hear everyone is healthy and doing fine.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
binary visions said:
Congrats! Isn't that a fairly large set of twins? She must have been really happy to give birth!
I think it is pretty normal size for their age(36 weeks). A lot of twins are smaller because they have a high rate(>50%) of being premature.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Congrats dude!! I didn't read the whole thread here, so I don't know if anyone else has something in common with us, but i have twin boys that are now 7 months old. Are these your first kids? We have a 5 year old boy too. It is pretty cool to watch the twins grow. Are yours identical? Ours are not.

At any rate, I work from home and can help with advice if you want it. PM me and I will give you my email.

Congrats again and good luck!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
That's a whole lotta baby.

Congrats!

Let us know how you're feeling when you get some sleep in April.