Quantcast

Great Ride!!!!

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
What a great ride Saturday, 16 people, deffinatley the biggest group we've had out in some time. And I think I actually remembered everyones name lets see, Me, Jeff, Ethan, Rob Leo, Florida Rob, Rick, Dave (Physco), Dereck (the New Zeland ripper), Moffatt, Mo, Kenan, Lyra, Demo, Cecil, Jeremy, Matt, and thats 16, I actually remembered everyones name. Honestly I had to ask Jeff on a couple. Anyway, thanx to everyone who came. And even though Kenan made a weak attempt at hitting the log jump, we will give him props for trying, soon enough he will be sending er', like a pro!! :clapping: Couldnt think of any other way I would want to spend my Saturday.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Good times good times. You forgot Jason, the guy that came with me.

I got out on my bike today and my legs were toast.

Jun 11, 2004
Oh yeah........alomst forgot!

AWESOME RIDE!!

Perfect mix of killer DH and some climbing to keep the legs strong!

Wish I knew how many vertical feet we descended yesterday?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
And even though Kenan made a week attempt at hitting the log jump, we will give him props for trying, soon enough he will be sending er', like a pro!!
I guess you can make fun of me for not hitting it like a man if I can make fun of your spelling. :)

I hit it a little better the 2nd and 3rd times down but you guys bolted before you got to see all the action! Yeah...yesterday was definitely one of the best rides ever. Good to see/meet everyone as well.

NZRipper

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Thanks for a great ride folks. I had a blast, only problem is, now I have serious bike envy (What's the name of the shop in Hickory?)Looking forward to the next one.

d

Oh, thanks for the name John :D

Oct 9, 2006
My wuh-yinah is still sore...tried to ride Farlow sunday after riding all day saturday and I have never felt more like an elderly bedridden geriatric...I think the olden style term would be BONKED.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
You know what Kenan, I actually edited that post, I must of missed that one. The first time I had you hitting the log job, intstead of the log jump. Im happy I have you to spell check for me though! Derrick >(NZ Ripper), you and Dave can come ride with us any time. Yeah talk to Mike at Clarks, he will set you up.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
:confused: :confused: Huh? One is a group shot and the other pic is not me! Look closely........you NITWIT! :thumb:

I would never, ever, ever, ever, repost pictures of myself!! :busted:

Whatever, it was force of habit. You probably just changed it or something. :pirate2:

I would be perfectly happy to do that ride every Saturday. Can we get some catered lunch at the drop in to Beehive?

That'd be sweet.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I think our plans to go out to TN this weekend have changed and we may be out there Saturday. Maybe just do G-town, to Beehive, and then some Headley fun.

Jun 11, 2004
I think our plans to go out to TN this weekend have changed and we may be out there Saturday. Maybe just do G-town, to Beehive, and then some Headley fun.
Keep me posted! I'd be down for that. Can't get enough of Beehive...................

Plus G-town to Beehive doesn't whoop you so much! Then you have energy left over for Headly.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Keep me posted! I'd be down for that. Can't get enough of Beehive...................

Plus G-town to Beehive doesn't whoop you so much! Then you have energy left over for Headly.
Really? The climb out of Raspberry is the easy part! Maybe a run of No Shin to the top of Headley to see what it is about?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
And we can even wait till like 10am!!!!to start So all you whiners can get your beauty sleep. :clapping:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I would like to do that Rob, but I have never hit No shin and I know where to start but have no idea where it comes out, and where you would go to climb up to Headley.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Just let me know what time you guys are gonna be there. I will be more than happy to run the 2 of you down a run early.
Your a funny guy Rob!!! We can hit up Headley once while we wait for Dave and whoever else is late.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I would like to do that Rob, but I have never hit No shin and I know where to start but have no idea where it comes out, and where you would go to climb up to Headley.

Got this from the Pasaboys

RobP said:
Ok, I know there are more then a few of you that are VERY familiar with Wilson's. I was wondering.

I have been getting in a lot of time in on Headley from the typical shuttle drop in point where it is all downhill. When you roll in you can see that the trail extends upward. I thought that the top of the trail was off of the very large turn-out/overlook/parking area off of 181, but someone had mentioned thats where "No Shin" started, but that you can link "No Shin" to the top of Headley?

What is that ride like? Is it a lot of climbing? I can't imagine it is unless either No Shin or the top of Headley drops way down then comes back up? Or do they both kinda stick to the ridge line along 181?

bRad said:
Just go up to the next gravel service road and there is another 1.5 miles or so of twisty pedaly stuff that runs along 181 down to the start of the good DH. I always like to incorporate that... No Shin starts at Brown Mtn overlook ad dumps out at the start of this "pre-Headly" trail.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Yeah and I know where it starts I just dont know where it comes out. For all I know you get to the bottom of No shin, and there could be 3 or 4 ways to go. And Cali is coming too, and she isnt ready for No shin.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Just once? More like 3 times. Oh wait Cecil said he was out. :pirate2:
Yep, me taken all day to drive up there and ride will turn into a once a month thing for me I guess. I just don't like taking all day to go ride when I have other places to ride that are just as fun less than an hour away. I may go hit the new shuttle run at North Mills a few time this weekend or something. Depends on if I can find some other people to ride with sense everyone will be a Wilsons again.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Yep, me taken all day to drive up there and ride will turn into a once a month thing for me I guess. I just don't like taking all day to go ride when I have other places to ride that are just as fun less than an hour away. I may go hit the new shuttle run at North Mills a few time this weekend or something. Depends on if I can find some other people to ride with sense everyone will be a Wilsons again.
Wilson's is a lot closer for those of us in Charlotte

Oh geez this is gonna fire up you know who but...

Id love a big shuttle ride say on Heartbreak Ridge to Kitzuma (still a good climb even with the shuttle) or that Mt Mitchell ride that is on the map.

Other good rides that can be combined with legal shuttle opportunities..
Caney Bottoms/Cove Creek
Butter to Cat Gap to Fish Hatchery (seasonal trails are in season now arent they?) I am not sure of that order..

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Yep, me taken all day to drive up there and ride will turn into a once a month thing for me I guess. I just don't like taking all day to go ride when I have other places to ride that are just as fun less than an hour away.

Cecil that sounds more like an order from Cpt. Wife. And are you holding out on some good trails on that side that we dont know about? Cause Bad Creek (I think that is the name of that one that we hit after Greenslick), is a good trail, but is by far no Greentown / Beehive / or Headley. But keep us posted on the one time a month you are off of house arrest so we can ride with ya. :monkeydance:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Cecil that sounds more like an order from Cpt. Wife. And are you holding out on some good trails on that side that we dont know about? Cause Bad Creek (I think that is the name of that one that we hit after Greenslick), is a good trail, but is by far no Greentown / Beehive / or Headley. But keep us posted on the one time a month you are off of house arrest so we can ride with ya. :monkeydance:
Nope, its not the wifes call. Its my call. Most everything I do you have to climb to get too and yes there are trails just as nice if not better. Don't get me wrong, I love it at Wilsons and would ride there every weekend if it was as close as most of the trails I go ride.

I plan to go to the Rock once a month if I can get Dave to go during the summer.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I hear ya buddaeeeeee! I was just bustin your ballz.
I know. I just like to ride different trails and not the same one all the time. Plus when we get the new DH trail built here in Greenville I will be riding it a lot training for the season. If we build it the way I want to it will be about 2+ miles long, about 800+ elevation drop, super rocky up top, and super fast flowing at the bottom.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Its about time he did something
As a matter of fact Rob, we can meet all of your catering needs! It's as easy as 1...2...3...! Just tell us your cuisine preference, number of people and your budget and we will be there on time, every time. Thanks for allowing us to serve you!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
So it looks like Mom and Pop Kill are wussin' out on our TN trip, eh? :busted: :monkeydance: :busted:

Wilson's sounds great again...if the weather cooperates I'll see you bitches there.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
So it looks like Mom and Pop Kill are wussin' out on our TN trip, eh? :busted: :monkeydance: :busted:

Wilson's sounds great again...if the weather cooperates I'll see you bitches there.
We aint wussin' out of ****, just planning it for a more appropriate weekend, weather wise. Are any of you planning on still going? We are definatley gonna go in Feb.

And wilsons is on!!! Sat. 10am @ the dirtmounds, be there, or beeeeeeeeee, doin whatever the **** it is that you be doin, besides ridin' :disgust1: The weather looks good, should be mid 40's, and no sighn of rain.