Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man the Canadian peso sucks right now. Megatrail ride build for $5450. Add in tax and you're well north of $6000 for a bike with NX and low end Race Face stuff. :(

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Went full tube strapper with @jackalope the past weekend. Filthy aluminum megatrail continues to impress despite being festooned with tubes, water, and pads.
IMG_8701.jpg

In even moar exciting news, today is new bike day for my better half and we are now a GG family. Get to put it together for her tonight after work. She is excited about the upgrade!
IMG_5483.jpg

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Went full tube strapper with @jackalope the past weekend. Filthy aluminum megatrail continues to impress despite being festooned with tubes, water, and pads.
View attachment 146763

In even moar exciting news, today is new bike day for my better half and we are now a GG family. Get to put it together for her tonight after work. She is excited about the upgrade!
View attachment 146762
what did she get? and where are the new bike box pictures?? :disgust:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Size 2 shred dogg, mostly the mid-level build with a few changes. She's pretty little (5'4" and a smidge with relatively long arms and legs for her height) but Matt has assured me that a size 2 will not end in my being divorced. She's tried enough bigger bikes to know she likes it. She refused a new bike FOREVER so was still clunking along on a 2008 Specialized Safire. I was going to just back over it with my car when she finally relented and let me get her something.

I actually told her to be sure to get it off the porch and she sent me a pic of an empty porch. Got me pretty good thinking it had been lifted after delivery!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
It is obviously a niche build, but compare the build specs to the
Man the Canadian peso sucks right now. Megatrail ride build for $5450. Add in tax and you're well north of $6000 for a bike with NX and low end Race Face stuff. :(
What about if you get a frame only, and then source parts locally?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It is obviously a niche build, but compare the build specs to the

What about if you get a frame only, and then source parts locally?
Yeah frame only is what I'd do. All the parts from my current bike could slide right over. It was just an observational comment about the craptacular Canadian dollar and bike parts in general.

I continue to put the dollars into my piggy bank for a new frame... :drool:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
nice! both my kids have gotten really good at riding since quarantine started. to the point i built them their first obstacle/stunt. both hit it first time they looked at it. just a little up and over ramp. i'll try to get pics next time.
That’s awesome. The next generation of monkeys....

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Love seeing kids getting involved. My daughter and her boyfriend are in their mid 20s. They both got new hardtails to ride since they both weren't working during the lock down. It was fun talking to them about bikes they were looking at. And sending them some of my spares to make the bikes better. Its fun to get your children involved with this strange addiction.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Love seeing kids getting involved. My daughter and her boyfriend are in their mid 20s. They both got new hardtails to ride since they both weren't working during the lock down. It was fun talking to them about bikes they were looking at. And sending them some of my spares to make the bikes better. Its fun to get your children involved with this strange addiction.
I was just thinking today that some of my favorite times with my older son were taking him to a local freeride area we were developing back in the day and watching him roll around on stuff on his balance bike.