Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Stay tuned! Hoping to relaunch this winter, but the whole factory is moving, so no new projects until the move is completed and everything is running smoothly.
I knew it, @mtg finally got tired of the 303 and they're moving to Florida. New Revved beach cruiser in the works!

Seriously, thats bad ass Marshal and GG team! Keeping the same store location, or is that moving too?

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I actually did essentially the same thing. Got a smash (60mm stroke) shock, with plans to try the bike setup as The Smash, Gnarvana (150mm travel), and Megatrail (145/155mm).

The Gnarvana has been so good for me, I haven’t played around, but eager to swap to the Megatrail this fall for kicks.
That's really interesting. I was planning on getting MT stays this winter and trying a mullet with my existing 60mm Smash shock (for ~152mm rear) and dropping the fork to 150. What do the enginerds say that running a shortened stroke does to the leverage curve? I'm assuming you're mostly taking it off the bottom-out end, so might need to run a touch more HSC.

I went so far as to draw it up in CAD to get a better idea for the angles & BB height. If anyone is interested, this is what I came up with, going from an s2 MegaTrail with 170mm Fox 36 to a MegaSmash with 150mm Fox 36 (Gravity Mode in both configurations):
STA: 75.7
HTA: 63.7
BB: 342
Reach: 448
WB: 1216

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
That's really interesting. I was planning on getting MT stays this winter and trying a mullet with my existing 60mm Smash shock (for ~152mm rear) and dropping the fork to 150. What do the enginerds say that running a shortened stroke does to the leverage curve? I'm assuming you're mostly taking it off the bottom-out end, so might need to run a touch more HSC.

I went so far as to draw it up in CAD to get a better idea for the angles & BB height. If anyone is interested, this is what I came up with, going from an s2 MegaTrail with 170mm Fox 36 to a MegaSmash with 150mm Fox 36 (Gravity Mode in both configurations):
STA: 75.7
HTA: 63.7
BB: 342
Reach: 448
WB: 1216
For the shock stroke question, you are correct. You’re removing a little bit of travel near bottom out, so turn up the bottom out resistance on the shock via HSC/volume spacers.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
If anyone is looking to experiment, I have a DVO Jade 230x60 shock, with correct reducers for GG revved frames, and 450# Valt spring. It is getting listed on Pinkbike soon. Feel free to DM me if you are interested.

Last edited:

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Holy $h!t. What a week.
went to PA for some camping and riding.
Thursday was riding Lackawanna state park.Great trails by the way.
stopped by the lake to eat.
Stung by a bee. Did not think anything of it since I have been stung 100 times. Few mins later told my friends I did not feel good and needed to sit. That all I remember. Unconscious for 35 mins until ambulance got there and in and out for 5 hours. Was crazy. Police took one friend to the car in Another lot with the bikes. Other came on the ambulance ride. The smash is still safe and sound. I guess on the ambulance ride I was worried about my bike. I don’t remember. What a ride. Now I need carry an epipen. Back on RM for another day.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Holy $h!t. What a week.
Stung by a bee. Did not think anything of it since I have been stung 100 times. Few mins later told my friends I did not feel good and needed to sit. That all I remember. Unconscious for 35 mins until ambulance got there and in and out for 5 hours. Was crazy. Police took one friend to the car in Another lot with the bikes. Other came on the ambulance ride. The smash is still safe and sound. I guess on the ambulance ride I was worried about my bike. I don’t remember. What a ride. Now I need carry an epipen. Back on RM for another day.

Seriously tho, glad you didn't go off to do ethereal shots with Lemmy. Hope you're well on the mend and will return to said bad ass trails with epi-pen near at hand.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dammit. @jackalope beat me to the oprah gif.

glad to hear you're ok, @sikocycles

i was on a super steep, rough, tech trail (jackalope knows-last part of yancey) when the guy in front of me ran over a ground nest. i got swarmed and there was nothing to do but keep riding. probably got tagged 15+ times. was glad i didn't have a bad reaction.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Holy $h!t. What a week.
dude!!!!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Holy $h!t. What a week.
Yikes, glad to hear you're ok. What a way to figure out you're allergic to bee stings.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Just discovered these ship with spacers for changing stroke in 2.5mm increments. Could be cool for experimenting or swapping rear ends.

Last edited:

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
Funny I was talking to Jake at öhlins today about the ttx air, and was surprised about how easy it is to change the stroke. I just need dollars and I’m going to get one for my shreddog conversion. It seems like a good oem fit would be GG.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
A little GG content from Outside Magazine...

Damn, pretty sure that sagebrushy trail in the beginning is in my neck of the woods.

No interest in riding that stuff, but I might have to go out there just to see it. I remember finding that guy's instagram page a year or two ago after GG posted a video of him doing backflips with that GG/DH on my local shitty trail system.