Quantcast

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
surprised I haven't seen this discussed here yet: a conversation with Gwin over on PB.

I'm surprised by his candour and well thought out responses. I don't know why I would be surprised; I guess it's caus' we don't really see and hear all that much directly from him usually.

Anyways, it was interesting to me that Houseman found and set up the deal for him. Maybe I'm thinking of another Houseman, but doesn't he work for Yeti?

Anyways, seems like a good move for Aaron, and I hope Yeti finds the "next big thing" soon.

Oh, and Deli-meat (I think that's you), good job on the interview. thanks!

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
surprised I haven't seen this discussed here yet: a conversation with Gwin over on PB.

I'm surprised by his candour and well thought out responses. I don't know why I would be surprised; I guess it's caus' we don't really see and hear all that much directly from him usually.

Anyways, it was interesting to me that Houseman found and set up the deal for him. Maybe I'm thinking of another Houseman, but doesn't he work for Yeti?

Anyways, seems like a good move for Aaron, and I hope Yeti finds the "next big thing" soon.

Great interview, Gwin's intelligence is a huge part of his rapid success. Little mistake in the interview though, Gwin got 4th at the Windham Wc not 2nd. Interesting too that he says he has hired a new trainer. He's not working with the love him or hate 'em James Wilson anymore then? Anyone know more?

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
Great interview, Gwin's intelligence is a huge part of his rapid success. Little mistake in the interview though, Gwin got 4th at the Windham Wc not 2nd. Interesting too that he says he has hired a new trainer. He's not working with the love him or hate 'em James Wilson anymore then? Anyone know more?
Agreed, great interview. He seems like one of the more down to earth guys out there, not trying too hard to be cool.

The James Wilson thing is probably just because he has a contract with the Yeti team and Gwinn is no longer on that team.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I think I probably only spend maybe 30 minutes a year racing bicycles. The other 8,759 hours and 30 minutes are spent preparing, haha. It might sound silly, but it's true and I think that's what separates the best from the rest.
Never thought of it that way, crazy!!!

Rich Houseman no longer works or rides for Yeti. He runs sponsorhouse, (forgot the new name)

richhouseman

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Temecula
Gotta love the Forum Chatta!

AG has hired a new trainer, someone everyone on here knows very well.

The new name of SponsorHouse / Loop'd is www.hookit.com

Same owners, same people, same system. Good stuff!

Keep it rolling!

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada

'twas me, thanks for the props. Aaron definitely had some interesting things to say. It can be hard to get more than one or two sentence answers from some of them, but he had lots to say. Makes for an interesting read.