Quantcast

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Slugger is more than capable of just podiums...He did win a WC this year...
Yeah I know he won a WC this year, and he won one a year or so ago, but realistically he is more of a top 5 rider than a top 3. As in he could consistently place in the top 10, a top 3 would be a great finish for him(as it would be for everyone). Yet with Needles a top 20 finish would be consistent, a podium would be a great result (I'm pretty sure he's only had one at WC level).

Hope that explains myself better

Krzr3000

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
where I come from its circle pits.

supposedly there were also pushups and spin kicks, but I never went to nu-school chugga chugga hardcore shows
Stupid hardcore dancing...instead of everyone moshing now there are 3 dudes flailing around fighting ghosts.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Whitley was most likely looking out for one of his own who was not under contract to fill an initial slot. I would assume Leov was in greater demand at the time the team was formed and Whitley's other client at 23 Degrees from S.A. was unavailable for any number of reasons. Sometimes contracts are about timing and being the right guy at the right time. Hopefully Needles got the benefit of being on the most legit program we've seen in some time.

It's silly to debate who's fastest, etc. We all realize there are several riders faster than him in the overall picture. Contracts, timing, obligations and availability all play a role in teams, otherwise Kobe, Lebron, DWade, Shaq, Chris Paul & Darian Durant would all be on the same team.

Unfortunately for him, Gwin had some good fortune and timing come contract time too and trumped him.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Whitley was most likely looking out for one of his own who was not under contract to fill an initial slot. I would assume Leov was in greater demand at the time the team was formed and Whitley's other client at 23 Degrees from S.A. was unavailable for any number of reasons. Sometimes contracts are about timing and being the right guy at the right time. Hopefully Needles got the benefit of being on the most legit program we've seen in some time.

It's silly to debate who's fastest, etc. We all realize there are several riders faster than him in the overall picture. Contracts, timing, obligations and availability all play a role in teams, otherwise Kobe, Lebron, DWade, Shaq, Chris Paul & Darian Durant would all be on the same team.

Unfortunately for him, Gwin had some good fortune and timing come contract time too and trumped him.
well said. Needles's contract could have been up before Leov's meaning Needles was the one to go.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or

I agree with everything about mountain biking in that. But Kobe would never play with Lebron on a regular team, Olympics dont count, and I think the same goes for Chris Paul. Darian Durant?... err Kevin Durant...

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
The Pennywise show at MSA was a mosh pit. Commonly found at metal shows or Fall Out Boy concerts. We kept trying to get everyone to do a circle pit but it just turned into a brawl. I dunno, I like moving with the music and everyone else rather than getting punched in the face. Whats this about Gwin? I thought the thread was a cricle pit or mosh pit debate. haha

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
The Pennywise show at MSA was a mosh pit. Commonly found at metal shows or Fall Out Boy concerts. We kept trying to get everyone to do a circle pit but it just turned into a brawl. I dunno, I like moving with the music and everyone else rather than getting punched in the face. Whats this about Gwin? I thought the thread was a cricle pit or mosh pit debate. haha
Pennywise doesn't do circle pits. They are more Less Than Jake type.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I always associated circle pits with ska shows, but what do I know.

I also want to add that this thread makes me proud to be a member of this site. One need look no farther than the tags. Internet comedy gold.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Circle pits have running, not thrashing. You must be mistaken.
i know what a circle pit is. thrash is the music style, not an audience action.

I always associated circle pits with ska shows, but what do I know.

I also want to add that this thread makes me proud to be a member of this site. One need look no farther than the tags. Internet comedy gold.
personally, LTJ was the only ska show i've been to where I've seen a circle pit. it was a big one too. most other ska shows i've been to it was mostly just skanking, once or twice in the rough shape of a circle, but the emphasis was clearly on the skanking, not circling. :nerd:

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
i know what a circle pit is. thrash is the music style, not an audience action.
They are typically related somewhat with the exception of boppers. Audience reacts to style played.

personally, LTJ was the only ska show i've been to where I've seen a circle pit. it was a big one too. most other ska shows i've been to it was mostly just skanking, once or twice in the rough shape of a circle, but the emphasis was clearly on the skanking, not circling. :nerd:
LTJ normally tries to organize huge circle pits themselves at the larger venues.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
wall of death --> circle pit. running circle pit. No thrashing.
Of which a wall of death would be the ultimate specific audience reaction to whats being played.

yea last time I saw LTJ was warped tour 10th anniversary show in Boston, ENORMOUS circle pit
Unsurprisingly, Dropkicks owned the day though. Nothing could top that unless the same show was moved to st. pats day.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
This thread is about as interesting as if someone told me james cameron was making a animated movie about those rocks that move across the desert by themselves.
i actually saw a show on that (and it was good),but im sure Cameron would find a way to ruin that too