Quantcast

Happy birthday, ohio...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
...since this is the only place I see you post anymore. Happy birthday, dude.

One of the few monkeys I've ever met, and I never did run that WTB wheelset I bought from you... but I sold it for $80 more than I paid you for it... gouged spokes and all :p

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
binary visions said:
...since this is the only place I see you post anymore.
Heh heh, thanks all. Big two-seven (and that, my friends, is the first time I have ever revealed my age on RM... but today I'm feeling saucy)

My RM/PAWN forum participation is inversely proportional to my satisfaction with work. You haven't seen THAT much of me lately because life's good. But i am still alive and riding, so i'll see y'all out on the trails (just as soon as my freshly whistler-broken wrist heals).

And BV, you think you can spare some of that 80 bones for a beer next time I'm in the Northeast? It'll restore some of your lost karma, you profiteer...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
kidwoo said:
May you have much plaster and bone supporting bolts this fine fine day........removed.
Good news as of Friday. Scaffoid is unscathed. ETH is 4weeks, and I'm just wearing a brace and a thumb splint. Actually rode my SS across town yesterday and it felt fine (as long as I didn't brake).

I'm also healing like Wolverine. Was black and blue from hip to neck on left side, and it's all clear now. There's still a few wierd chunky things inside near the spleen kidney area, but you have to feel for them 'cause you can't see them.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ohio said:
And BV, you think you can spare some of that 80 bones for a beer next time I'm in the Northeast? It'll restore some of your lost karma, you profiteer...
:rofl:

Sure, but I can't but I'll have to send a check to the address you specify, since, if you'll note my current location, I am nowhere near the northeast any more...

If you find yourself in eastern North Carolina, though, the beer is certainly on me.

Don't blame me for the profiteering, I had 'em advertised on Ridemonkey for $150 for almost a year ;). Blame the unwashed masses of eBay that bid the wheelset up so high :p.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
thought you were older (back-handed complement). much respect.

ok ohio, spill: what's a "good birthday" to you?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Happy birthday man. Only 27? You're just a little kid...
Well, that's from a year ago. Now I'm 28. And feeling every minute of it. Actually no not really. Every year is better than the last. I hear that's true until 29.

stinkle, I'm a simple man, I need only a good whiskey and the sweet science of love practiced on me by a slightly-older-woman.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
10 bottles of wine.
Number 8 smelled like manure.
It was my favorite.
It reminded me of home.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jesus, you get a recycled birthday thread? That's harsh...
He'll get a fresh one when he starts contributing again in the DH forum so I'm not the only one beating down the masses who believe, to the core of their being, that a Horst link has a perfectly vertical axle path :D

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
For those of us who aren't e-experts on suspension designs, isn't the hype surrounding the Horst link related to pedaling forces and not axle path?