Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

AGR

Chimp
Jan 1, 2005
Denmark
Rainer Wolfcastle said:
**** hvor er den dog fed! Hvor har du fået rammen og hvad slap du?

Anders G
Got this frame and my BB7 from Roger, Cycle Solutions in Toronto since no European dealers where in business at the time of purchase. Much have changed since in Europe. The 2004 Minuteman frame was aprox. 800 CAD without shipping and taxes. Very nice ride...no complaints

Allan

J.K.R

Chimp
Feb 27, 2004
Germany
Nice Minuteman, i got the same in November 2003 from a german onlinedealer for about 650€. The Paintjob was very poor on my frame :angry:

AGR

Chimp
Jan 1, 2005
Denmark
J.K.R said:
Nice Minuteman, i got the same in November 2003 from a german onlinedealer for about 650€. The Paintjob was very poor on my frame :angry:

Nice pricing in Germany but sad to hear about the paint job. My 2004 Minuteman which was made late 2003 has no flaws regarding paint, welding or geometry! I guess it´s a little too late to contact Trail Attack, the German dealer in Berlin?

J.K.R

Chimp
Feb 27, 2004
Germany
AGR said:
I guess it´s a little too late to contact Trail Attack, the German dealer in Berlin?
I´m in contact with Trail Attack, they are very friendly regarding customer service, so i will get a new powdercoating at my LBS and they sent me new decals for free :thumb:

AGR

Chimp
Jan 1, 2005
Denmark
J.K.R said:
I´m in contact with Trail Attack, they are very friendly regarding customer service, so i will get a new powdercoating at my LBS and they sent me new decals for free :thumb:
Nice :thumb:

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
DH-DZ said:
Evil imperial $eth lolli
I love that frame! Very nice!

But am I the only one who feels cheated whenever a pic post is lacking the squared-up, straight from the side shot? I love checking out geo I guess. :confused:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Bulldog said:
I love that frame! Very nice!

But am I the only one who feels cheated whenever a pic post is lacking the squared-up, straight from the side shot? I love checking out geo I guess. :confused:
Agree times two...

LOVE that bike...and yes a side shot would be nice!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Not as full on Dh as some of your rides, but it works for me. Updated pic junk with new fork/wheels.

Peyto Cycles Wild Bill frame, Rock Shox Pike Team 140mm travel fork.

SRAM 9.0 rear mech/shifter/front mech, front Suntour XC Pro thumbshifter, full sealed housing.
Avid mech. discs (185mm/160mm front/rear) & Paul Love Levers, full housing.
Race Face Taperlock Ti bb, Cook Bros. E-crank, 32/22 rings, Salsa bash ring, Shimano M545 pedals.
Thomson 90mm stem/no rise, Answer Protaper bar, ODI-Oury lock on grips, Chris King headset.
XTR 12-34 cassette, Hope rear QR & seatclamp QR, Aerolite Ti seatpost, Performance Forte Pro SL seat.
Chris King rear hub/Mavic 719 rim, Hope Bulb 20mm front hub/Mavic 717 rim; both with 15/16DB spokes and alloy nips. Front Panaracer Fire FR 2.4 tire, rear Maxxis Mobster 2.5 DH Super Tacky. Tires change depending on the ride. Some ti and alu bolts here and there.

29# as pictured. Goes everywhere. XC/urban/lift accessed DH. One bike for all. Though I'm looking at a decent deal on a good shape 02/03/04 170mm Boxxer for the lift DH and shuttle days; only do that a few times a year, but a bigger fork for those days would be nice...... The Pike gives it about a 69 degree headangle, I think a Boxxer would give me ~67.5 or so.

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
Here's my just finished azonic steehead that i've setup for park/street fun!

i know my rims are nort the same, I already had the alex rear rim, I had a hard time getting another 24" rim at this time of year and i wanted to ride the skate park as soon as possible so i took what was at the shop...

Attachments

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Wow, that's really light. Even with two disk brakes, a 9-speed drivetrain, and a chainguide, I doubt it would weigh more than ~36 lbs. I can't wait to see the pics!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Sven tha Viking said:
maybe cowman will chime in with the pics, but i put my friend's 888r on my soul cycles hardline today. complete SS with XTR v-brake on the rear, FSA x-drive cromo cranks it weighed in at 32.5lbs

an 888 on a hardline? Are you asking for head tube snappage or what? That was their XC hardtail frame set for 2004 wasn't it?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
02 Kona Chute with new paint job and so many parts change either broken or crap directly from Kona. I bought the bike as a do it all bike when I don't down hill and its a has been a great bike for that. Long enough for trial riding and short enough to dirt jump.