Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

Jun 11, 2002
UK
This was how my hardtail was. I was runnin 5" jnrs with a loose headset and there went my headtube. Im now waiting for green dropoffs. It's so cool to see hardtails like ones in this thread because I come from England and everyone criticised me and bike cos my country is full with stuck up twats.

Attachments

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
Originally posted by Warped

do u guys think that, useing the backplate and rollers ect for a blackspire like in the pic would work with gears? or would it need the top guide changing?:confused: or would a mr dirt be better since it incloses the chain.

i wouldn't be too botherd about moding it but i'd prefer not to,

so help a :monkey: out plz :D

priss

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
(in reply to the burly balfa posted above)

hey now ya already posted her on page 39....shes cool but if ya wanna see your own post just go there instead of posting it twice :p

Lt.Dan

Thank you sir may I have another!
May 15, 2002
el cajon
Originally posted by Warped
oh yeah, how about both people that poisoned the two "burly" threads delete their posts so there's no full squish in my thread....:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
sounds cool. alls people have to be is nice and theyll get their way most of the time. i have a hardtail sop i respect your thread.

spookysim

Chimp
May 29, 2002
london uk
priss! pleeeease leave it as s/s and even drop the blackspire backplate. that 24 is far too cool for gears as it is. (changing my 99 metalhead to s/s just as soon as i can figure the rear disc options for new hub etc)

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
Originally posted by spookysim
priss! pleeeease leave it as s/s and even drop the blackspire backplate. that 24 is far too cool for gears as it is. (changing my 99 metalhead to s/s just as soon as i can figure the rear disc options for new hub etc)
spookysim its not mine its just given me an idea since my dmr it total cack. (mines the pashley about 100 pages back with the green drop offs on:p )

any idea on the devise?

priss

Originally posted by ELECTRIC WIZARD
This was how my hardtail was. I was runnin 5" jnrs with a loose headset and there went my headtube. Im now waiting for green dropoffs. It's so cool to see hardtails like ones in this thread because I come from England and everyone criticised me and bike cos my country is full with stuck up twats.
Snafu 13 cranks eh? NIIIICCCCEEEE!!!!

spookysim

Chimp
May 29, 2002
london uk
PRISS -erm personally I'd take the mr dirt over the blackspire option purely cos i have had bad experiences with chain retention devices which simply fail to retain the chain! -that is to say the blackspire one is compromised for geared use if you use it as suggested.

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
Originally posted by spookysim
PRISS -erm personally I'd take the mr dirt over the blackspire option purely cos i have had bad experiences with chain retention devices which simply fail to retain the chain! -that is to say the blackspire one is compromised for geared use if you use it as suggested.
i came to the same concluion after a while since the mr d has bit for the chain to go through unlike the blackspire's.:rolleyes:

priss

Jun 11, 2002
UK
Yeah psylo they are Snafus, you are very observant. I don't like them on my 24-7 cos the chainstays are so wide that i have to put so many spacers on the bb axle so only half the crank is on the axle and thats not good.

My snafus are now on my BMX for the moment as my 24-7 is in bits on the floor while I wait for forks. They are so much more suited to a BMX probably cos they are BMX cranks. I'll probably get some on-one cranks for my 24-7. Those cranks doubled the value of my BMX!

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Updated shot of my street rig. It's been singlespeed'ified and gotten the bars cut.

Attachments

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I rode this on a DH trail last week...and rode down stairs
does it make my HT burly?

so is this like burleee enough..?:devil: :p

Jun 17, 2002
Vermont
Originally posted by CyberJay
I'm absolutely positive this is not what you're in the market for... But it *IS* a quite burly hardtail.

9lb steel frame.
47.5lbs complete.
Gazzy 26x3.0 front and rear.
Stratos S8 5" travel(thanks R!).

I think of it as my pedal powered monster truck.

-Jay
[/IMG]