Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
and current hardtail..DMR Rhythm with 24" Sun Rhynos and 2003 DJ2 fork,,singlespeed, bmx tires, FSA smack daddy bmx crank, 41tx16t, rear Deore hydraulic disc, rides real nice for dirt jumping

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Originally posted by mosplat
hey man, relax.
i'm not trying to start a fight.
i'm new to ridemonkey.
i was just saying that my bike was posted,
and that you and atrokz thought my bars
were dmr and tires were kenda,
when my bars were brooklyn and my tires are gazzi.
i've got no problems with anyone, i just
wanted to make those corrections.
that's all.
if you don't remember, which is totally understandable
cause it was like a year ago, check out page 16
and 17 of this thread.

these are the bars that used to be on my bike.
i just read it, and all i can say is taht we were talking about rutherford's 24 le toy not your PB...:)

Originally posted by roel_koel
and current hardtail..DMR Rhythm with 24" Sun Rhynos and 2003 DJ2 fork,,singlespeed, bmx tires, FSA smack daddy bmx crank, 41tx16t, rear Deore hydraulic disc, rides real nice for dirt jumping

are those dropouts standard Q/R or QR20? i'm interested in a DJ fork but I want standard dropouts

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
Here is my current setup. It will soon be replaced by a new Subterranean frame, 24"trailpimps, PX SS bolt on disc hub and an avid mech rear disc brake (Most of the parts on this were temps borrowed from other bikes that now need to go back on)

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
SR oh how I love your magic jibbe pedalbike.

I am almost finished turning the unfinished attic of our garage into a pimpass bike room. Too bad I spent so much money and time on the room, my bikes are all half built :monkey:

Attachments

Originally posted by LostBoyScout

I am almost finished turning the unfinished attic of our garage into a pimpass bike room. Too bad I spent so much money and time on the room, my bikes are all half built :monkey:

your doors look tiny next to those giant bikes, woohoo, you must be like 10 feet tall, those are some burly hartails, what do they weigh, like 1, 2 hundred pounds?

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere

Ha! Just looking at the pic was a trip. Something out of Being John Malkovich or something hee hee :D

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Originally posted by Urban_P1
your doors look tiny next to those giant bikes, woohoo, you must be like 10 feet tall, those are some burly hartails, what do they weigh, like 1, 2 hundred pounds?
They are in fact miniature doors, for my pet midgets.

This photograph may help explain the situation! There is a staircase up here behind me.

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
They are in fact miniature doors, for my pet midgets.

This photograph may help explain the situation! There is a staircase up here behind me.

You need to drape some red sheets everywhere and host wild hashish and opium crazied midget orgies.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Last night, there was this moment when she was sandwiched between the Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesman where I thought, 'I could spend the rest of my life with this woman...'

-Derek Zoolander

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Sideways - hmm, good insight! I had a dream similar to that last night. I will look into getting those red silk accents.

I was up until 2:00am last night putting on the floor and door moldings, and smoothing them :dead: But it's almost done.

The Goat bike looks like a SICK park bike!

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
yeah, seriously the PX I posted a couple pages back only cost me around that price...you can get some good deals if you do a little lookin around

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by Sideways
Question: What the hell happend to EWR?
I almost bought one several years back, but got a spooky instead.
yup - those were the first "hardcore" hardtails imo... i remember lusting over those in 94/95, but decided to go for lightweight steel instead ... in those days i was an xc-racer.

i have no idea what happend to them, i guess they just stopped making frames? i never got the impression that they ever caught on, their frames were marketed as primarily xc & trials frames... their xc frames were too heavy for the weight obsessed xc market & i dunno much about the trails market.

I think they were just starting to die as dh gained ground... they probably got the most exposure from those that read dirt rag & saw jay dejesus on his.

- dump