Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Urban_P1
dope pics, i love that bike, whats the retail on the frame anyway?
You'll need to PM Nicolai-USA for the up-to-date info; the Euro vs Dollar fluctuations can change it...the Nicolai website has an estimate of $850 Euros.

Rabie, I really think I might do that, but it's not hugely important to me. Can't wait to get some riding in with you. (you should get one white Nicolai decal for your frame; it'd look striking against all the black. Put it on the top of the downtube or something... :p )

MD

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
Well, I know I've posted these pics ALL OVER the web, but hell - this is a burly-ass hardtail, so I may as well put 'em here:

These are pretty much the ONLY pictures that have ever come out of my digital camera that I'm 100% satisfied with; too bad it took like a whole hour to set up the shoot.

Specs:
'03 Evil Imperial
'98 Marzocchi Z.1 Dual
24" Arrow DHX laced to Hayes Elite, 3.0 Intense rubber
XT discs, 8"/6"
FSA X-drive cro-mo cranks, 22/36
Evil DRS
XTR shifter/derailleurs/SRAM Attack front shifter
Atomlabs Trail King pedals
FSA Pig DH Pro
FSA 1.5 reducers
FSA DH400 bar
Thomson 70mm stem, 410mm post
WTB SST/K seat
Really not sure on weight, scale says 38# but I think it's about 40.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Trimmability...I run SRAM fronts even if I'm using a trigger rear, too.

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
Originally posted by MisterMental
trimability?
Yep. That means if your chain is rubbing on the derailleur cage at extreme crosschain situations (like 22/34t rear going up a steep-ass hill) you can click the derailleur cage over a hair to eliminate the rubbing. Or, when trying to shift under pressure, you can overshift a click or two to speed up the shift. It just gives you more adjustability than a trigger, which is all-or-nothing.

Originally posted by VooDoo
thseo wheels look so mean

Thanks man, they're BRUTAL. I can just case the hell out of anything, at like 15psi, no worries about p-flats. Plus, it's like having rear suspension!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
here's the latest version of the evil -

threw on a mich 2.8 fr and mobster 2.7 rear, DH tubes in both, and of course the monster. ready for bromont? we'll see! :)

here's a shot from the perspective of whatever's about to get run over:

i'm bringing my DH bike too, just in case...

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Damn Narlus that Evil is so pimping:thumb: I'd love to get my hands on one of those Monsters as it is the only one that i would consider putting on my .243 Racing:thumb:

On a side note i had a set of the 2.7 Highrollers on the Mavic D3.1's last week.Wondered why and what for you setup the Evil with the beefier tires:confused: I take it Bromount but what for:confused: I had them on the .243 Racing but went back to the Michelin 2.2 Comp 24's again.Figuared i had them use them:confused:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Damn, guys...both of those things are pretty frickin' outrageously cool rides...

MD

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?
Originally posted by Nd4spd
I'd love to get my hands on one of those Monsters as it is the only one that i would consider putting on my .243 Racing:thumb:
I have a red 01 monster on my 13 inch 243 for now.. Its surprising awesome. Feels like the bike was designed around it..