Quantcast

Hobby Park Dual

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Was out there after work, Man its gonan be fun, thats actually the first time ive rode that on my Bighit. Be better once the berms get fixed and that hip is done tho could only do the top part.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
mike, ....is there access to running water out there? maybe at the picnic shelter? the forcast isn't calling for rain for a while so here's my plan.

1) if there is a spiggot we can use, hook up a bunch of hoses and wet the course down

2) if there is a spiggot, put several mobile toters in my truck and fill them up, drive onto track and disperse water from the bed of the truck

3) see if the fire department would be willing to hose it down. (the occasionally have to purge the water in their trucks) i'm going to get with my local FD guys that i hang out with on duty and see if they can call some of their winston buddies and hook it up :D

4) wait 'till it rains

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
escapeartist said:
We can take you guys out to Cone and maybe "Billy Wanes." If you guys like fishing we can check out a really cool fishing hole, but its mostly wooden stuff, but lots-o-fun. Did you get your bike fixed?
Cone and The Billy sound good. Thanks for the fishing offer. It's going to be nothing but riding and drinking for me that weekend.

Yes, they sent out a new swing arm. I haven't had a chance to try it out on the dirt yet.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Peete said:
Cone and The Billy sound good. Thanks for the fishing offer. It's going to be nothing but riding and drinking for me that weekend.

Yes, they sent out a new swing arm. I haven't had a chance to try it out on the dirt yet.

uh...the "fishing" reference was a code word for -hush,hush freeride location- because it's at a particular lake....so when we ride there we go on "fishing trips". i know...pretty corny, but at least it keeps the name from popping up too much on the net and the place getting overcrowded.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
manimal said:
uh...the "fishing" reference was a code word for -hush,hush freeride location- because it's at a particular lake....so when we ride there we go on "fishing trips". i know...pretty corny, but at least it keeps the name from popping up too much on the net and the place getting overcrowded.
I wasn't sure if it was some creepy gay thing or what. Funny thing is the first time I was asked about going fishing I asked JeffD if he knew. He used to spend alot of his younger days around Peidmont Park which is a big gay/lesbo hangout/body fluid exchange area in Atlanta.

Yes, we will be up for some fishing :thumb:

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
I will be at hobby tomorrow watering everything down. If anyone can make it in the afternoon to ride it and try to pack it down, that would be great. Oh yeah pray for some rain.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Mikedsx said:
I will be at hobby tomorrow watering everything down. If anyone can make it in the afternoon to ride it and try to pack it down, that would be great. Oh yeah pray for some rain.
I may be able to make it, but not til around 5:00 will anybody still be there?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Greyhound said:

That's one beautiful pic, Brandon. I really like that one a lot. One of your best for sure.
i made the other one a b/w, printed them both out as 8x10's, framed them and gave them to daniel as a going to college present, i really dig those shots too, thanks. now.....wait 'till i can afford a real camera :sneaky: :cool: :)

i'll try to make it to hobby on wed around 4-6ish. it rained in gsbo tonight, hope hobby will get some of that

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
haromtnbiker said:
Is a parent needed to be at the race to sign any registration forms?
Yes, but if you pm me we may be able to fax or e-mail you form for your parents to sign. The weather looks great for sunday, high of 78. Now if we could just get some rain. :mumble: I'm tired of hosing down the course.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
haromtnbiker said:
I am having enough trouble getting the $37 to race. Maybe if somebody would buy my gas powered rc car for $200 shipped.
If it helps the Dual is $27, I'm still trying to find out about the one day license price(if any) for NORBA.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
My and Manimal and Mike and Zack and a couple other guys were over there today, it looks so much better than saturday. Its gonna be a lot harder than last year, cause of the new table after the 4-pack, but its still a blast

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Crap, I just found out Katie has something she can't get out of on Sunday. That really sucks because she was so looking forward to this race.
She's already decide to drop some of her extracuricular activities next year to get back into racing.
A family who races together...ah...I can't think of a good ending.

That's OK, Jr. and I will be there.

Anyone going fishing saturday afternoon?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Mikedsx said:
If it helps the Dual is $27, I'm still trying to find out about the one day license price(if any) for NORBA.

Well it says $27 for the race + $5 for late fee + $5 for one day lisence = $37. :mumble:

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
haromtnbiker said:
Well it says $27 for the race + $5 for late fee + $5 for one day lisence = $37. :mumble:
Sorry I must have been shoveling in the sun too long yesterday. I forgot about the late fee. Hopefully I will know about the one day fee today if NORBA calls us back.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
ZachTheMech said:
Ya the berms were ridable now, the hip table whatever it is tho is gona be tricky after the 4 pack, you get done witht eh 4 then blammo that hips in the way :P
yeah it's pretty quick. I gotta decide what to do about the jump after the hip. I think it needs to be pushed back a couple of feet(shorter gap).

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Mikedsx said:
yeah it's pretty quick. I gotta decide what to do about the jump after the hip. I think it needs to be pushed back a couple of feet(shorter gap).
You got it. We were casing it by a couple of feet or so.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I think that if the table/hip were made into more of a hip then the step-down thingie would be more do-able. All youd have to do is make it so the face of the hip thing is directly facing the 4pack, so youd really have to hip it, cause now you almost havta swoop left then right to hit it at all

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
I moved the jump after the hip/table back about 2 feet so it should be easier. Then I got bit on the foot by some dudes pit bull. It bit through my shoe but luckily didn't break the skin. I'll put some water on the jump in the morning and pack it down.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Mikedsx said:
I moved the jump after the hip/table back about 2 feet so it should be easier. Then I got bit on the foot by some dudes pit bull. It bit through my shoe but luckily didn't break the skin. I'll put some water on the jump in the morning and pack it down.
I sense a story behind the dog bite. Do we need to bring pit bull repellent(baseball bat) to the race or was it just a scorned homo sicking his dog on you?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Can anybody give me a link to the site that had the starting times and fees and classes? Its not the flyer, its something else. Somebody gave me a link about a week ago, but its gone now.

Thanks

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
haromtnbiker said:
Can anybody give me a link to the site that had the starting times and fees and classes? Its not the flyer, its something else. Somebody gave me a link about a week ago, but its gone now.

Thanks
Think the race starts at 11 and practice at 8. but u might want to ask some one else. what class are u racing?