Quantcast

Hobby Park Dual

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
We did a whole lot of work today on the berm before the 4-pack. You can rail it now. And not fall down or fly out of it. It rained a little bit out there today, but it only rained on the berm that we were working on....wierd.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Ya, we had a super-fun session and got a super-lot of work done so its super-schweet now. Craig, the only way to get there that I know from East of Winston (you do live in Carey right) is to take 40 West all the way to Winston, then take 40 Business into Winston and take the Stratford Rd exit and take a left on Stratford. You'l go way way out stratford, past a circuit city on your right and a best buy on your left, then keep going until you get to Clemonsville Rd, and take a left onto Clemonsville, go down Clemonsville for about 2mi (I just pulled that number out of my arse) and the park will be on the left. The entrance is pretty hidden, so just pay attention. There may be a better way, but this one is pretty easy, and its the one I know.

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
..those who hath understanding recon the number of the beast...........

anyway, last time I went the Business and non Business werent marked that well, look out for the right one.
I am not going to make it, so I will expect to see some pics ;)

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
...Many thanks to Mike and crew for putting together a great day of fun/racing! Was hoping to see more locals come out...heck some dude even drove down from D.C...we locals should really help to encourage and promote things more next time - I understand there were several other races going on but I think there should have been more locals?!...

...My stinkin' chain kept coming off :mad: ...thanks to everyone offering to give me spare parts, help etc...Steven (kid w/the blue "STP" bike - he also helped with the gate) he offered to swap his whole crankset just so I could ride problem free - Bigtime thanks for the offer Steven!

...All in all it was an awesome day - Zach slipped a pedal yet still gave me a beat down in the semi (...next year Zach - next year :sneaky: )...

danW

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
formermtboarder said:
all of you are whores
i hate watching
Sucks u couldn't ride. hey i left u a mesage on ur phone aboot 2 kenda kolosal dh tiers 2.60 in and they are 24's. if intrested 10 bucks maby less. they are 5$$ a pice on the kenda web. just call or say here. ur included too alex-zack-and any one else who lives in winston or g town that i know.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
whew, what a day. I had sooo much fun bangin' bars with everybody! One of the most fun races I've been to this year for sure. Mad props goes out to Mike, Zach, Tubby, Steven and Paul's Schwinn for making it nice and smoothly run today. Congrats to Andy Devault, who cleaned up as usual, taking the big win in both Pro/Expert and the premire class of the day, the BIG BIKE CLASS! Damm BMX racers! That best trick contest was a lot of fun, and I say it should be a standard for future HP races. Hey Peete and Peter, thanks for making the trip from ATL to race, and Adam(?) for coming down from DC. You guys rock!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
stubby said:
what place did you get craig, and mike? and tubby?
sounds like it was a lot of fun, i would have loved to come but mi mom had spine surgery..
I don't know about Craig and Tubby, but I got 3rd in expert and DH bike class. I'm whooped.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
haromtnbiker said:
The only pictures I took, I am in two.
Thats quite an acomplishment

The race was fricken sweet, I love races like this where everything is totally chill, but there are still some awesom heats. I wasnt really happy with my race runs at all, but I had some solid (in my book) practice runs, so Im stoked. The best trick contest was really fun, props to mike for the suicide no hander, no hander lander. Does anyone know if this kid rode moto? Big thanks to Mike C and everyone from Pauls and the sponsors for pitching in big and putting on an awesom race

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
We had a great time up there this weekend. Thanks to Aaron and everyone else for the hospitality.
Mike definitely owned me this weekend. I might have tackled him in the second berm in the expert race, but there were too many witnesses. I was too pooped to give him much of a fight in the DH class. But we had alot of fun.
Thanks Mike C. for putting on the race.

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
Peete said:
We had a great time up there this weekend. Thanks to Aaron and everyone else for the hospitality.
Mike definitely owned me this weekend. I might have tackled him in the second berm in the expert race, but there were too many witnesses. I was too pooped to give him much of a fight in the DH class. But we had alot of fun.
Thanks Mike C. for putting on the race.
No worries Peete any time. it was gret having u guys.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
A big thanks to everyone who showed. I had a great time and hope you guys did also. I am definitely inspired to do it again next year. I hope to make the course a little longer and we'll def. do the jump off again(amazing what peeps will do for a trucker hat). I am going to try to find a sponsor to help w/cash for Pro/exp so they can get the money they deserve. And hopefully NORBA won't change the Nats schedule so everyone can come next year. I'm definitely thinking bigger and better for next year.