Quantcast

Hood Mussel...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
RD3 said:
The Thick bars are on a Spooky project right now, the Brooklyns are are about half an inch lower, just feel better on the Hood, geometry wise.

If you wanted to get super-cool you should dig up some Spooky Pterodactyl 5-piece bars. Those were Jimmy's design, and came in at an ample 30" width. They'd be perfect on the Mussle, but IIRC we only made like 25 sets.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Come on BullitBoyz... we've seen the pictures of you riding from when you first got it but how about some more recent photos at Neapug or whatever that place is called...

:)

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
spookydave said:
lets see some photos of the Spooky project.
This isn't the one with the thick bars, its not finished yet. So this will have to do for now... :) You can see the lineage of the hood in its design.
Spooky / FTW Project X

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
RD3 said:
This isn't the one with the thick bars, its not finished yet. So this will have to do for now... :) You can see the lineage of the hood in its design.
Spooky / FTW Project X

my old bike LIVES!! I'm so glad it found a good home. I miss it man. I don't miss the 3" tires but man O man would that bike mow down just about anything. Glad to see my custom work on that chain guide made the cut as well.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I finally got the other Spooky Project X together, took me a while to find all the right parts for it. The bike rides great, plows right thru, yet faster than you would think. :)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
RD3, lemme know if you need any more vintage stuff to complete those bikes with. I have a ton of kooka junk, 24" wheels/tires etc. It is pretty mental, love seeing someone give them a good home.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ha, thanks for resurrecting this thread...i was trying to the picture w/ my old dead pitboss frame a few months ago and came up empty (it's the cream/olive frame behind the mussel):

sh*t scared

Monkey
Sep 30, 2004
Greetings after a long time away. The bike is now for sale due to this bloody recession. Listed here in the classifieds. PLEASE BUY HER SOMEONE, and ride her like you stole her!!

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I hate to be the guy to slam someone for no reason, but I read you classified and I think it is more likely that the recession will turn around before you sell a 64lb bike with a Monster T, Love Seat and 24" 3.0 gazzaldis(sp?) for 3500 EU in this day and age. Maybe I'm wrong, there could be a collector with a soft spot for huck bikes.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
damn, that's a beast! tough sale, alas. though i'm curious if bikes like these, old brooklyns, etc will become collectable at some point. they're well build, with lots of neat details, and represent the pinnacle of a 'unique' phase of the mountain biking evolutionary timeline. late 80's - early-mid 90's high end xc bikes & parts are selling for good coin these days, perhaps we'll see a similar trend as we older dh'ers grow nostalgic. i'm kinda regretting selling my tmx now; though i probably wouldn't ride it, be cool to have it hanging on the wall.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
at times....I have missed my brooklyn...then I pick up my new bike to put it on a chairlift.

I'd love to own something like this to take out on rare occasions at a place like plattekill...but the modern breed just does so much better on just about everything except hux to flat.

sh*t scared

Monkey
Sep 30, 2004
Dramatic price drop, in danger of loosing house so going now for the BARGAIN BASEMENT price of

1,500 EUROS

PLEASE, someone buy her, or i'll be asking you guys for a place to crash down!!

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Always wanted a Hood. Great looking bike
I bet shipping would cost a boatload to get that thing back to the States.