Quantcast

Hood Mussel...

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
RD3 said:
What color did you go with?
You had better post some pics ASAP!!! :)
....BAM!

Jimmy calls the color 'Dog D*ck Pink'...
now, not having the fortune of viewing too many dogs' members,
i'm just gonna take his word for it on this one!

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
WOW! That is one sexy frame! Not too many bikes can pull off pink, but the hood does it with ease. I like the double pinch bolts on each side of the dropouts, first time I have seen that. What fork are you going with, an avy? Can't wait to see it complete. Congrats on owning one of the baddest bikes in the world! I will pm you the info on the thick bars.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
love the hood bikes
and cant wait till i get enough money for mine.bullit boy you got any pics of her biult up yet

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
RD3 said:
Yepper, still rockin. Probably going to update some parts on it soon.
Cool, i'd love to hear ur comments on it. PM me if you don't wanna clutter up this thread.

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
konastab01 said:
bullit boy you got any pics of your hood built yet would love to see them
yep.

finally.
and before anyone mentions it, I KNOW the following:
1) the setapost is too high
2) the rear brake hose is too long
3) the front brake hose is too short.

but DAMN this bike is fun.

and LIGHT! 8-)

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
bulit boy that is sweet on ofthe nicest hoods i have seen apart from jimmys race one
what does she weight in at and is there any pedal feedback

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
the head bearings on the Avalanche MTN-8 fork are similar to a motorcycle's in that they use a threaded steerer rod and tapered needle bearings...
super burly.

no pedal 'feedback' as far as I can tell.
climbs like an ape and 'rides 10 pounds lighter' than its actual weight...
(which, for those of you who are bound to ask, is 59.0lbs)
now ask me if i care! :blah:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
It's good to see a burley bike once in a while. All steel and probably about as strong as a bicycle is ever going to get. I dunno about the 3" tires but that bike is about the only one ment for that. I always like the idea of just plowing things over. Sometimes riding that is all you want to do.

If you could only make it have no rear der. then it'd be the most fullproof bike yet. I don't think they have internal transmission hubs for 160mm spacing but plenty of you CNC guys out there could probably figure a way to make it work. Still looking at them as works of art :)

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Bullitboyz said:
yep.

finally.
and before anyone mentions it, I KNOW the following:
1) the setapost is too high
2) the rear brake hose is too long
3) the front brake hose is too short.

but DAMN this bike is fun.

and LIGHT! 8-)

Your bike is super bling a one of the few that can handle a fork like the mtn8. I was wondering why you did not get a road mech with a Super Shortcage (SS) since the armof the rear mech looks like it will have several encounters with stones considering how low it sits to the ground... :thumb:

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
seismic said:
Your bike is super bling a one of the few that can handle a fork like the mtn8. I was wondering why you did not get a road mech with a Super Shortcage (SS) since the armof the rear mech looks like it will have several encounters with stones considering how low it sits to the ground... :thumb:

i probably will swap shifters and mechs, i just pulled that setup from my stock.
I actually like the SRAM X9 stuff, but you're right... with the 24" wheels all that stuff is lower to the ground.

it's work in-progress :dancing:

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
seismic said:
how do you like the MTN-8 ? How is your fork setup ?
that fork has saved me from more stupid lines and dumba$$ maneuvers than i can count. i LOVE that thing. I ran it on my Bullit and Sinister R9 for a while with great results as well. I specifically remember one time i was doing a low-speed 'chuck' off a 9 footer and messed up on my timing. landed completely nose-first .. i mean it felt like the bike was completely vertical.
9 feet to flat and it soaked it up without a sound and asked "WHAT ELSE YA GOT???" friggin LOVE this fork.
as for setup.. it's pretty much the way it came from the factory, with just a few dials turned to suit conditions.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Bullitboyz,
Looks like a great build and tons of fun. Don't forget to wrap your chain stay. How do you like the atomlab DHR rims? I was considering those for a wheelset.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Made a few more small updates to the Hood....

-Avalanche Mtn-8 fork :) :) :love:
- -couldn't let bullitboyz have the only Hood with a Mtn-8. :p
-Dangerboy gripped levers...best feeling levers ever. :love:
-Hope 225mm front rotor.
-Shimano 105 rear d, its black.
-got the the avy DHS rebuilt, feels great.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
The mtn-8 uses Honda 250 guards. The mounting holes will line up, but you will have to trim the guards to fit around the drop outs and possibly around the brake rotor and hub (the seismic required me to do some extra work).

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
I know this is an old topic but...
I was thinking about Hood again and how their site is no longer online and how their bikes are so sick.

Yeah, its kinda like that.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Bullitboyz said:
funny you brought it up...
I was just riding mine TODAY for the first time this season!

i LOVE that bike.
Isn't that ironic ;) ... now if only I could ride right now. Only 2 more weeks until I get an air cast! :thumb:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
RD3 said:
The mtn-8 uses Honda 250 guards. The mounting holes will line up, but you will have to trim the guards to fit around the drop outs and possibly around the brake rotor and hub (the seismic required me to do some extra work).

I love your bike, soo sick!!!!!!

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I had my Hood out today for a ride to test out the new 9" (230mm) Red Raven Ind front rotor and new kool stop pads. No lack of stopping power here.... :) :) :)

flip

Chimp
Nov 25, 2004
I noticed you're not using the Thick handlebars. Are those Brooklyn Machine Works bars? Oh, and by the way, thats the nicest bike i've seen in a long time.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
flip said:
I noticed you're not using the Thick handlebars. Are those Brooklyn Machine Works bars? Oh, and by the way, thats the nicest bike i've seen in a long time.
The Thick bars are on a Spooky project right now, the Brooklyns are are about half an inch lower, just feel better on the Hood, geometry wise.