Quantcast

Hummer H3? Will we hate these owners too?

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Without reading any other replies, I say we will feel bad for them in the same way that we feel bad for people that still say words like "bling" and "-izzle".

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
MMike said:
Because people who own H2's are big giant poser/tools........
You sound like a yuppie
douglas said:
suv haters are arseholes
exactly

gschuette said:
You are still very very very wrong. No Avalanche platform for the H3.
who cares... they both suck.
Atomatik said:
H1 is the only way to go, period.
As long as it has an anti-traffic-RPG launcher on it.

robdamanii said:
That site is good for hours of laughs.
The most common "support" of H2s:
"You guys hate them because you can't afford them dog!"
Yep. This is the exact definition of yuppie. These discussions have been ongoing on news groups before the WW web.

this entire thread is based on people that can't afford things they probably wouldn't buy in the first place; so, they complain about them and mention that their $2000 jeep will do just as good. BS. Those things break too.

I gave up on SUV's (they too slow.... all of them), bought a little turbo sports car, pass all trucks, and end up getting to the trail head quicker.

Transcend said:
Dear lord, when will morons figure out that they don't need to give their soccer mom hussy wive's massive vehicles to drive for lattees in?
Ahhh... THERE'S YER SIGN!

I'm sorry, but women can be bad drivers, especially when they have a cell phone and latte with 3 screaming kids. But you now have a warning sign (LARGE SUV). Stay away! at least you can identify them now!

robdamanii said:
Why are dealers having such a hard time unloading them, even with incentives? Easy. They're pieces of sh!t.

Funny how it was shown that they had the highest incidence of recall and/or defective parts from the factory...

And for the love of god, combine all those single posts into one large one.
[mod action]Fixed. JBP[/mod action]

You know, Hummer had a good thing going with the original hummer. But now they've had to expand into other markets. That H2 is butt ugly. I liked the orignal due to its ground clearance, and mean appeal. The H2 looks out of place and has no better ground clearance or interior room than my gremlin.

The H3 came out at the wrong time. I hope Hummer/GM goes bankrupt. They build junk, and the autoworkers need to get with the program.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Ascentrek said:
Yep. This is the exact definition of yuppie. These discussions have been ongoing on news groups before the WW web.

this entire thread is based on people that can't afford things they probably wouldn't buy in the first place; so, they complain about them and mention that their $2000 jeep will do just as good. BS. Those things break too.

I gave up on SUV's (they too slow.... all of them), bought a little turbo sports car, pass all trucks, and end up getting to the trail head quicker.
It's not a matter of not being able to afford them. Why isn't every person who owns a BMW or a Mercedes (being from northern jersey, there is generally one of those two in each driveway) rushing out to buy them? Why are dealers having such a hard time unloading them, even with incentives? Easy. They're pieces of sh!t.

Funny how it was shown that they had the highest incidence of recall and/or defective parts from the factory...

And for the love of god, combine all those single posts into one large one.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
robdamanii said:
It's not a matter of not being able to afford them. Why isn't every person who owns a BMW or a Mercedes (being from northern jersey, there is generally one of those two in each driveway) rushing out to buy them?
Because they probably prefer German cars, thats why you'll see them driving X5's & ML's. ML's aren't very impressive, well at least oll the 300 series I've been in.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Brian HCM#1 said:
Because they probably prefer German cars, thats why you'll see them driving X5's & ML's. ML's aren't very impressive, well at least oll the 300 series I've been in.
There are actually plenty of SUVs, and mostly a lot of american made ones (Explorers, Yukons, etc) but H2s are VERY hard to come by.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Any stock 1985 Toyota 4x4 or 4Runner with 31" or 32" tires will embarrass H2's or H3's off-road. Heck, with 33" tires and a rear locker they'll embarrass an H1 (which I drove for three years in the Army, thank you).

I'll take the Yota any day.

(On a side note, modern monster SUV's get better milage and pollute FAR LESS than my '86 and '87 4-cylinder Toyota 4Runners. The big SUV's get the bad rap, when actually me and other guys with little old mini-trucks are the real eco-terrorrists. Pretty much the same deal for any 1980's vehicle when you look at pollution output.)