Quantcast

I give you Windrock's Middle Finger (pics)

eio

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
PNW
Wow! Winrock is lookin' tits.

Almost makes me want to move back to the South Land........................................................................NOT!
:D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Jeremy R said:
Sick Pics Doug.
Could have done without seeing your coin slot on that top jump though.:rofl:
I rode my Demo a little today. Its done.:)
Just showing everyone that you don't need upper body protection at WR. WR is ghey and slow. :rolleyes:

;)

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Just finally got back in town from riding windrock on saturday and sunday. I am really sunburnt but the trails were awesome this weekend. Everything felt like it was In such good shape and there were so many more trails and stuff since I was last there. The road gap was especially sweet to be riding that trail then just sail over the huge gap. I actually got through the whole weekend without breaking anything. Just popped a couple tubes.

dink

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
Charlottesville VA
what a great weekend! thanks doug and joey for showing me the trails. it was great to see everyone riding the tires right off the bikes and shuttle trucks. that place is such a blast to ride.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
dink said:
what a great weekend! thanks doug and joey for showing me the trails. it was great to see everyone riding the tires right off the bikes and shuttle trucks. that place is such a blast to ride.
i looked at what was left of my tires this morning.
the few side knobs remaining are hang by a thread.
terry's tires are fully slicks.

it's fast when it's dry like that. but the tire bill grows weekly.
one weekend, one pair of tires.

always glad to see you come down and ride.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Pics look awesome......gotta be careful the boss dont catch me looking at them too much......

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
how rideable is windrock on a hardtail, I mean obviously you gotta go slow. But would it even be worth me bringing a friend out who's on a hardtail while i'm rocking a gemini?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
It would GREATLY depend on his skill level. I have seen a few heartly souls try WR on hardtails, but they don't last long. I would not suggest it except for the best of the best.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
dcamp29 said:
can I come out before or after the NC national and ride with you guys?
yes.
you might want to be smart and make it after.
that way you don't risk bike or body damage before an important race.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
dcamp29 said:
Dave, who are you driving out to the East coast with? You got a team thing worked out this year or what? If you're driving you should drop in on the ARK too, it should be right on your way. I think we're rocking out an econo van with like 4 rows of seats.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar

I see the poison ivy is looking particularly healthy. You got to love it when it first sprouts up in the spring. All glistening with oils.

Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
jdschall said:

I see the poison ivy is looking particularly healthy. You got to love it when it first sprouts up in the spring. All glistening with oils.

Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing.
It's making me itch just looking at that photo!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dcamp29 said:
I would highly recommend it. You will pass it on your way to Sugar. It's ridiculous how easy it is to get to. Coming down I-40, just turn north on the 5 lane to Oak Ridge. Not a single left or right hand turn. 20 minutesoff I-40 (after passing thru Oak Ridge)you turn right on Windrock Rd at the end of the 3rd mini-bridge named after a dead guy (big ugly red buildings on the left side of the road). 5 minutes into the parking lot. TONS of parking. Probably more parking than most Nationals.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Well, I'll just pile on some more props...This place is absolute tits...I mean Jenna Jameson sized fun bags...Great weekend - thanks so much Joey and Doug!

I rode like a little bitch, but still had a freakin blast...Can't wait to get back up there...Although, I was disappointed no chicken heads showed up at the Super 8 motel wanting 'to use my phone'... :)

Seriously tho, good times at the Rock!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
profro said:
I ain't got nothing to do with it. Its all Joey, Terry, Brian, and Mark.
and ben.
and ziska.
and you and your truck on more than a few occasions.
and all the people you and MEGHANN (got it.) put up in your home.
and your photos.
it all adds up.

and it's all what makes our "backyard" what it is.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
now...if only there were an on-site daycare for my kids and a day spa for the wife....
Let your kids play unsupervized in the parking lot with rocks and your wife can sun bath and swim in the creek. :nopity:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
profro said:
Let your kids play unsupervized in the parking lot with rocks and your wife can sun bath and swim in the creek. :nopity:
the irony of your statement is that it's a autobiographical account of several families up there on any given weekend.

Hey Doug, I just found a campground called Windrock Campground on Google Earth. Is it a full hook up style one? If so...I've got a regional race germinating in my demented head....

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
the irony of your statement is that it's a autobiographical account of several families up there on any given weekend.

Hey Doug, I just found a campground called Windrock Campground on Google Earth. Is it a full hook up style one? If so...I've got a regional race germinating in my demented head....
that's a nice campground.
i've met the owner and he's a very good guy.
he likes to run a fairly quiet place.

it's about three or so miles east of our parking lot.
he has full motorhome hookups, and has put a bunch of time and effort into making the place quality.
i have a cousin who stays there when they bring their coach in.
i've spent a few evenings there and it's very quiet.

not what you'd expect around here.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Taz said:
Doug, you were right. Finger is broke but only a chip off of one phalanges where the ligament attaches, massive hyperextension.
looks like you'll be flicking boogs with the other paw....
sorry about that bro...so you wouldn't be interested in doing the "Lure" this weekend?

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
bizutch said:
looks like you'll be flicking boogs with the other paw....
sorry about that bro...so you wouldn't be interested in doing the "Lure" this weekend?
Nope, no lure this weekend. This was my second back to back weekend at the rock. I was supposed to do that endurance race this weekend but even that might be out.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Taz said:
Nope, no lure this weekend. This was my second back to back weekend at the rock. I was supposed to do that endurance race this weekend but even that might be out.
another notch in the belt.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Total Heckler said:
Where is this place? Looks awesome! Those trails look like so much fun!
Oliver Springs, TN. Just outside of Knoxville. Remember though, pics do not do the justice, the place is hands down the steepest place I've ridden. Steeper than Sweitzer, Brian Head, Snowmass you name it. Trail one gets out of control as I witnessed DHbuilder do and then myself do on the same berm. BTW that section is THE ****, def my favorite of the place. rooty turn into two big split boulders that shute you at mach 1 into a loose berm that if you don't make you basically fly off a ravine, then into another textbook berm. Just awesome.