Quantcast

I hate: People driving in winter on summer tires.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
JHFC people, I'm driving in a FWD VW with all-season radials and I have no problem getting over Parley's Summit on snowpack. High gearing+picking lines+halfway decent tires=win. Please end yourselves.

That's all. :disgust1:
Same here, never have a problem with snow/ice. Heck, some driving skill also plays here, I went around a guy that got his 4wd truck stuck going up my hill to my house....

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I now officially have a strong dislike for those of you who tool around on summer rubber during winter months after this evenings events. Coming home from PCMR through Parley's in the storm is bad enough as it is, to have asshats sliding all over the place (and backwards) into me because they're too cheap/in debt to buy winter rubber (or at least some decent all-seasons) for their almost-new Mini or (insert other high-dollar automobile here) is ridiculous. Dumb woman was flooring it all the way to the summit trying to get her (insert expensive super-tacky treadless summer tires here) to grip on a snowpacked road. Eventually she blew something up (she seemed to think it was her clutch), and slid back into me. No harm to the car, but there were 40,000 other variants of her on the road tonight, making for a 2.5 hour commute home (normally aboot ~35).

JHFC people, I'm driving in a FWD VW with all-season radials and I have no problem getting over Parley's Summit on snowpack. High gearing+picking lines+halfway decent tires=win. Please end yourselves.

That's all. :disgust1:
I have been using all season tires. It isn't hard to drive in the snow/ice with tires that are not rated for winter conditions. All it takes is common sense and a light foot. But it's easier to get the all condition tires.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Knock Knock

Who's there?

PWNED.

He is 1/2 a year out of high school. In dog years that's 3.5 years out of high school. Therefore, if Mike was a dog, he would be much older than high school students.
i feel confident in saying that i have at least twice the experience of most kids in my town when it comes to driving when the roads and weather are bad. i also was referring to the many kids who just got their license and are zipping out of the parking lot in their brand new cars bought for them by their parents while yapping on their cell phones.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
You have got to be the whiniest bitch the Internet has ever seen.

btw - I didn't even read it, but I know this is about you being a whiny bitch.
All the boy does is complain. He isn't happy unless his GF takes her finger and PIIHB.:disgust1: And what's worst he wants to move here to CA. First F'n hippies now him, I can't figure out what is worse:think: It's all pretty F'ed up if you ask me.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Hey blue! I did it, thanks to your whiney (read: safety concious) post.

I'd been thinking about getting snow tires after experiencing a slippery drive down from Brighton few weeks back. Mentioned it at the time to my ol' man who said he didn't think I'd need them since I got new tires before we moved out here in March. (edit: new, but not rated for snow or winter) ...This from the guy who changes his DH tires between runs if the weather changes two degrees. ?!

Sincere thanks from me and all the drivers around me for the whiney (read: kindly) reminder. It feels so much more safe and well worth the expense even though I'm now broke til after Christmas. Thank you!!

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
I rode on my summer tires yesterday and had no issue. It was almost 70 degrees and the tires held their own.

When I lived in chicago I never had snow tires and always had plenty of traction. Never had an accident, never lost control (except driver-induced stupidity.)