Quantcast

I saw Prince last night and it was a big disappoinment

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
First of all...he censored the show...meaning...no playing of songs with suggestive lyrics, like Little Nikki, Dirty Mind, even Erotic City because of the kids in the audience...total BS...if you're taking your kid to, or you allow your kid to go to a prince concert...you already know he's got some pretty nasty lyrics...deal with it or don't go...Other people who like those songs paid a lot for the ticket as well...but that was Prince's choice I suppose...He had a john tesh type keyboard player and kenny g type sax player...then he did a MEDLY of all his hits...way lame...it wasn't BAD, but I was disappointed...he did Purple Rain as his encore and it lasted about 15 minutes...that was cool cuz it felt like old skool prince...but yeah...I'm kinda bummed I spent the cash...It was like a Vegas show with a Prince impersonator...very odd....

Crowd was weird too...someone needs to tell the 250 lb heffers to not try and wear the same type of tight clingy clothing britney spears wears...it doesn't work if you're over 105 lbs ladies! And the low rise jeans...no one wants to see your fat ass encased like a sausage in a pair of too small jeans with your fat gut hanging over the edge...just disgusting...even the thin women that wear too tight jeans and create a bulge over the waistline...damn...no one sees the size tag on your pants, so wear your SIZE!

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
Did you know it was going to be censord before you bought the tickets? It sux either way, but if you knew, you were askin for it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by derekbob
Did you know it was going to be censord before you bought the tickets? It sux either way, but if you knew, you were askin for it.
No I had no idea...I overheard some lady saying that she heard him interviewed on the radio...and that the dj said you just GOTTA play dirty mind and prince was like no...how can I play that type of song with 13 year old kids in the audience...what 13 year old listens to Prince? most of the crowd was probably in their 30's and 40's...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Where have you been? He stopped playing those classics years ago when he found God. At most, his newer material may have some innocent innuendo, but the bump and grind style of old is no more.

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
Originally posted by Curiouscaptian01
Well if you are going to see Prince be set for disappointment.
Spoken like a true youngan. Prince in one of the most talanted musicians out there, and he could potentially put on an incredible show. He pretty much went downhill during the 90s. A censord Prince show is as pointless as a censord 2 live crew show. They are equal in sexual content, they just go about it different.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Actually, it's "Darling Nikki"...or so I've heard. Shame on you for listening to something the PMRC does not approve of! :nope:

As far as the paunchy Britney wannabes, I am convinced that it's just paybacks for the whole hiphop saggin' off the ass look so many homely guys have adopted. :(

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Originally posted by dh girlie
Prince is an exceptional musician and song writer...I know you're really young and you probably think Good Charlotte is the s hit...but I like Princes stuff...lots of us old folks do :D
no sorry to disappoint you again... I fackin hate Good Charlotte, and all of those kinds of bands. I normally listein to some good stuff like Ill Mitch, Mortal Combat, The Streets, Face to Face, PennyWise, Ten Foot Pole, Flip Nixon, Yellow Card, Zebrahead, Dizzze Rascal, The Faint, and tons more...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Prince is an exceptional musician and song writer...I know you're really young and you probably think Good Charlotte is the s hit...but I like Princes stuff...lots of us old folks do :D

I'm as old as you are, prolly older.

PRINCE SUCKS! :p

pop music sucks, even if it's not popular anymore.:monkey:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Most ladies in their 30's love Prince. Being a male already hinders me and being in my late 20's I missed the magic that is Prince. ;)

Now excuse me while I go grab my microphone gun and gold chianmail vailed hat............

Prince is just a nose job away from being Micheal Jackson. :D LOL

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
no sorry to disappoint you again... I fackin hate Good Charlotte, and all of those kinds of bands. I normally listein to some good stuff like Ill Mitch, Mortal Combat, The Streets, Face to Face, PennyWise, Ten Foot Pole, Flip Nixon, Yellow Card, Zebrahead, Dizzze Rascal, The Faint, and tons more...
I know none of those bands........but any band named after a video game can't be all bad :D

KaTooMer

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Illinois
If it were me, I would have taken my posse backstage and challenged him and the Revolution to a game of basketball. Shirts and blouses.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by BikeGeek
Where have you been? He stopped playing those classics years ago when he found God. At most, his newer material may have some innocent innuendo, but the bump and grind style of old is no more.
well...it was touted as the last time he would play all the classics...I haven't bought any of his stuff for years...I just thought it would be cool to hear all the old stuff...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Spoken like a true youngan. Prince in one of the most talanted musicians out there, and he could potentially put on an incredible show. He pretty much went downhill during the 90s. A censord Prince show is as pointless as a censord 2 live crew show. They are equal in sexual content, they just go about it different.
Isn't he like in his 50's at least? Rock on, Prince? :think: *snicker* LOL

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Prince is awful.

I hate VH1 because all they do is kiss Prince's a$$ all day.

I would be disappointed if I saw prince too.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by pnj
I'm as old as you are, prolly older.

PRINCE SUCKS! :p

pop music sucks, even if it's not popular anymore.:monkey:
It just pisses me off that these people get shi tty...like Iron Maiden...did you see them the last time they came through? They played a few good old songs then said if you came to relive your youth and hear all our old sh it you can go home cuz we ain't playin no more...the place practially emptied...I'm guessing you like them since you have an eddie avatar...but yeah...I guess you really can't go see any of the old bands anymore and hope for them to cover some old stuff...but a MEDLY for godsake!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Yeah, and BB King is old as the hills, too, but he doesn't seem to let it hold him back too very much.
but BB King doesn't play crappy pop music.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Yeah, and BB King is old as the hills, too, but he doesn't seem to let it hold him back too very much.
yeah prince wasn't having any problems getting around that's for sure...he had some pretty fancy moves...hahaha! Seriously...he wasn't slowing down at all...he's a tad egotistical too...they were playing the good old prince songs before the show...:confused:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
That sucks that he censored the show and only played a melody....what a let down.

Going to see your favorite bands that aren't quite on the "A-List" anymore can definitely be a gamble. I've been lucky and seen some good ones like Kiss, Rush, The Cure. But don't know if I'd venture to a Motley Crue or Depeche Mode concert these days :think:

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
he's a tad egotistical too...
Thats a tad of an understatement. He changed his name from a name to an icon. Then tried to dub himself "the artist" His exploits over the past 15 years or so lead me to believe he went on some kind of self-delusional vision of granduer. Kinda like how Michael tried to become Peter pan.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
It just pisses me off that these people get shi tty...like Iron Maiden...did you see them the last time they came through? They played a few good old songs then said if you came to relive your youth and hear all our old sh it you can go home cuz we ain't playin no more...the place practially emptied...I'm guessing you like them since you have an eddie avatar...but yeah...I guess you really can't go see any of the old bands anymore and hope for them to cover some old stuff...but a MEDLY for godsake!
I didn't see Maiden when they came through but I did hear that they said that. I have no problems with that at all.

there are plenty of bands out there, I don't need to hang onto the old bands and try to relive my youth or whatever and listen to only the old albums.

look at metallica, they have some great albums from 20 years ago. I don't like the stuff they've done in the last 14 years or so but I don't care because there will always be more bands makeing great music. megadeth is in the same boat as well as many other once good bands.

with Maiden (and maybe lots of other types of music/bands) the fans are pretty fvcking dumb, for the most part. all they want is the old classics, and a bong hit.

anyways, I don't really know what I'm trying to say (being a Maiden fan and all;)) but I do know that.......prince sucks!

:p

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Thats a tad of an understatement. He changed his name from a name to an icon. Then tried to dub himself "the artist" His exploits over the past 15 years or so lead me to believe he went on some kind of self-delusional vision of granduer. Kinda like how Michael tried to become Peter pan.
hahaha, lets look at the motives... they both love children.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by pnj
I didn't see Maiden when they came through but I did hear that they said that. I have no problems with that at all.

there are plenty of bands out there, I don't need to hang onto the old bands and try to relive my youth or whatever and listen to only the old albums.

look at metallica, they have some great albums from 20 years ago. I don't like the stuff they've done in the last 14 years or so but I don't care because there will always be more bands makeing great music. megadeth is in the same boat as well as many other once good bands.

with Maiden (and maybe lots of other types of music/bands) the fans are pretty fvcking dumb, for the most part. all they want is the old classics, and a bong hit.

anyways, I don't really know what I'm trying to say (being a Maiden fan and all;)) but I do know that.......prince sucks!

I think a lot of people hang onto the old bands they used to listen to cuz there isn't anything new coming out that is worth a crap...since I'm sick of all my cd's and haven't bought anything new...and the radio sucks...I just drive in silence these days...music is in a sad sad state right now...

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
hahaha, lets look at the motives... they both love children.
Well if prince is a molester hes managed to keep it under wraps. I was under the assumption he was hosing 20 super models a day, but if hes found religion that might not be the case.

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
I think a lot of people hang onto the old bands they used to listen to cuz there isn't anything new coming out that is worth a crap...since I'm sick of all my cd's and haven't bought anything new...and the radio sucks...I just drive in silence these days...music is in a sad sad state right now...
Amen to that sister!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by pnj

Maiden rocks, although their older stuff is better I have to say. Same with megadeth. Thats why I just listen to yahooLaunch, I get to hear all the great songs form maiden, megadeth, pantera, zeppelin, ac/dc, w.a.s.ps., tubes, jethro tull, quiet riot and all those other great bands. :D

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
yeah I was wondering what I missed out on...I was like Prince? a pedophile? Where the hell did that come from?
ok ok ok... you got me. I figured out why no one likes Prince... we are all just jealous of how cool he is.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Prince was on of the best concerts I have ever seen. Top 20 for sure. However I went to the Purple Rain show the next year and it sucked because of all the kiddies. Kind of ironic he won't do his old stuff because of the kids?? Plenty of kids when I last saw him:confused: Listen to Dirty Minds and tell me he sucks :rolleyes: ....jdcamb

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle

I think this is just you, getting old. it happens to alot of people.

music has always sucked or not, depending on how you look at it. the ****ty bands that are popular today are just as ****ty as the ones that were popular 20 or 30 or 50 years ago.

when your young, you can find a band or style of music you can relate to. your parents don't relate to it, the older people don't relate to it, but you and your friends do. then you get old.....

there are plenty of great bands out there. especially if you like rock style music. I can't speek about other kinds of music...(you know, 'cause they suck.:))

you just keep looking for that sound from your youth.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by mtnbkr4235
Maiden rocks, although their older stuff is better I have to say. Same with megadeth. Thats why I just listen to yahooLaunch, I get to hear all the great songs form maiden, megadeth, pantera, zeppelin, ac/dc, w.a.s.ps., tubes, jethro tull, quiet riot and all those other great bands. :D
try www.knac.com

:devil:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Bwaaaaaahahahahahaha! Take your Geritol, DHG. You *are* a curmudgeon. Every generation in history has said the SAME thing you just said. Only the ones that said it before you were your parents! Hehehehehehe. Grumpy Old Woman. :D

-S.S.-