Quantcast

***I'll monderp GMT***

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Specifically, she has a distal radius fracture. Our theory is her arm was either hit by or tangled up in her bike as she fell, as all her impact abrasions (road rash) are on the opposite side of her body.
That sucks :hmm:
My right arm was intra-articular radius, no surgery & 6 weeks, but the first 4 were in a cast over the elbow to restrict rotation. I'd think working may be a challenge for her for a little while.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
My right arm was intra-articular radius, no surgery & 6 weeks, but the first 4 were in a cast over the elbow to restrict rotation. I'd think working may be a challenge for her for a little while.
An over the elbow cast would suck, I think I'd lose my shit. I broke my radius bad enough to need surgery. But the upside was, with a plate and screws holding it together, I didn't need a cast at all, just a splint.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Fortunately she has short term disability benefit. That and she hates her job, so taking a few weeks off will be tolerable.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Specifically, she has a distal radius fracture. Our theory is her arm was either hit by or tangled up in her bike as she fell, as all her impact abrasions (road rash) are on the opposite side of her body.
Dislike/post up the radiograph, er "x-ray".

Also dislike for me is this rainy grey shit. I moved away from this intentionally!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I know, but unlike you, projects around my house get finished.
like your tiny deck? did that come from Ikea?
It's not the size of the deck, it's how you use it.
one lonely deck chair
I can watch you fumble over your swingset from it
Yet another finished project I did.
instead of dicking around with my car so it looks like a lifesize hot wheels, i went riding.
Everyone knows lesbians aren't into car mods anyway.
Damn. All sassy up in here.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good Morning!

Last week in the office after a 3 day weekend. I think its finally startling to settle in that our house is sold, I'm quitting my job, and we are hitting the road in 1.5 weeks with no final destination.

Thank you to @SkaredShtles and @Toshi for the awesome ride on Friday; it was great to see @Full Trucker too. And thank you to @Toshi, @6thElement (and wife), and @Nick for stopping by the house yesterday to say bye. It's been a real pleasure getting to know all of you. Thank you for the good times.
:thumb:
It was good to see ya before you head out on the road. It's been great getting to know you too and I sure hope you look us up the next time you pass through CO. This trip is well described by your moniker here. Have fun, be safe, moar speed & pull up.

Here, may this help you on your journey....
pin.JPG

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Some Pizza, a handful of G&Ts, and a nap later, my mood is somewhat improved. But I'm still over Rome.
Sorry to hear, @Pesqueeb. What is next on your schedule?
My wife and I were there after about 3 days. Rome is exhausting.
I was not impressed with Rome or Naples. Florence was awesome and I did like Milan

We are coming back to the States on Wednesday. I'm sure a lot of it is just plain exhaustion. We've been on the road for over two weeks now. I wonder if we'd done this trip in reverse if we'd be feeling the same about Paris. But seriously, Rome is kind of gross.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
We are coming back to the States on Wednesday. I'm sure a lot of it is just plain exhaustion. We've been on the road for over two weeks now. I wonder if we'd done this trip in reverse if we'd be feeling the same about Paris. But seriously, Rome is kind of gross.
Paris would feel completely laid back after Rome. My only regret with Rome is that we were kind of completely unprepared for the manic nature of the city. We should have visited it after we'd been in Europe a bit. Then again, per your experience, perhaps it wouldn't have helped.

Venice was such a nice respite after Rome...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Paris would feel completely laid back after Rome. My only regret with Rome is that we were kind of completely unprepared for the manic nature of the city. We should have visited it after we'd been in Europe a bit. Then again, per your experience, perhaps it wouldn't have helped.

Venice was such a nice respite after Rome...
i've found that trying to do two major regions on a single trip is a recipe for exhaustion. i'd rather spend longer and explore a single place, do more of a deep dive than trying to cram in a few highlights.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I looked on the disk they gave her, the image files won’t open on my Mac. Software is Synapse, images might be a proprietary format?
Likely DICOM. Open on a PC with their included viewer and take a screenshot?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've found that trying to do two major regions on a single trip is a recipe for exhaustion. i'd rather spend longer and explore a single place, do more of a deep dive than trying to cram in a few highlights.
for instance, when in belgium, we stayed in antwerp but did a lot of the cities in belgium (brussels, bruges, ghent, etc) but did a 4 night side trip to paris/amsterdam. while we liked the side trip, we were running around trying to see as much as possible. we'd rather do ~2 weeks in those regions to really take it all in.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Possible. I'm not convinced that it's not just Rome, but I can't prove it. We were doing just fine with Paris/Tuscany. We we're at a farm in Tuscany, and weren't exactly killing ourselves running around. We did some sightseeing, but none of it had the frenetic, crazy, feeling of Rome. You're right in that we may be trying to cover too much while we are here though. There is a fuck ton of things too see and this is the place we're staying the least amount of time. I'm sure after some time home we can dissect what went sideways here. We've had a REALLY great trip, it just kind of started falling apart yesterday afternoon when we tried to do the downtown sights/Spanish steps thing. It was crazy hot/humid, we are tired, and it's crowded. I think we just may be done.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Possible. I'm not convinced that it's not just Rome, but I can't prove it. We were doing just fine with Paris/Tuscany. We we're at a farm in Tuscany, and weren't exactly killing ourselves running around. We did some sightseeing, but none of it had the frenetic, crazy, feeling of Rome. You're right in that we may be trying to cover too much while we are here though. There is a fuck ton of things too see and this is the place we're staying the least amount of time. I'm sure after some time home we can dissect what went sideways here. We've had a REALLY great trip, it just kind of started falling apart yesterday afternoon when we tried to do the downtown sights/Spanish steps thing. It was crazy hot/humid, we are tired, and it's crowded. I think we just may be done.
i'd generally agree about Rome. granted its been close to 2 decades since i've been there (and i wasn't the one who planned the trip), but Rome is big. it's hectic, its crowded, it's hot (in the summer). there's a LOT to see, and it's spread over a pretty big area.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Our dogs are not those things. They're more like tiny labradors.
My experience is limited to the time I lived off Stout Street and 25th near downtown Denver, chihuahuas were everywhere and treated more like guard dogs than pets. One of my neighbors used to borrow money from me and pay it back with tamales and chili :drool: the 20 feet from her gate to the porch was a minefield of tiny poop and pissed off chihuahuas.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Lions and tigers and bears...oh my.....

Naw just kidding, no tigers....

Back from camping the backwoods of the crazy mountains early as it was 40 degrees and pissing rain. First night was ok, few showers here and there, second day.... We spent most morning under the shelter, then about four hours of sunshine and back to rain. Drove into town yesterday for the rodeo and the sky just plain opened up. We left the kid with the fil, went and packed up camp in a downpour.

Plusses... Lots of wildlife out. Saw a couple bears, lots of great big mule deer, lots and lots of elk, just about every bird aside from the mountain humming bird..... And no people.

Currently I am regretting my weekend choice of food as I am already on my second dump for the day......

Now I just need a day of sunshine to dry out the gear

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My office is buzzing with the crinkling of food wrappers, and the smells of various breakfasts and snacks. This is why you are fat. All day. Every day. Stop grazing in the cubicles.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Rain canceled my climbing plans yesterday up near Estes. Had a long lunch & beers at Oskar Blues with a good friend from out of town since we couldnt climb.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Change of cars - first we borrow this. With the name Michelle on the back

Well some lucky 18 old got his drivers license today so we had to return the car. Well then our neighbour bought a BMW and had this standing around so I have rented it from him with some V6 POWWWWWER

Moving up in life :-)