Quantcast

INTENSE/5.10 DH SHOES COMING BACK-Pick a style

Which would you like - Synthetic or leather Uppers?

• Synthetic

Votes: 86 59.3%
  • Leather

Votes: 59 40.7%

• Total voters

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Forgot to post this last week wehn I received word. FiveTen is going to produce this shoe again. Eric did not want to give an availability date. . But be sure to keep up the inquiries and design suggestions, because they are still wanting input. send to erico@fiveten.com . Also, let your local retailer.e-tailer, mail oder shop, etc. know as well. :thumb:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Voted for synthetic. Leather is too heavy and water friendly.

E-mail sent:

Eric,

I am writing to you and 5-10 to reproduce the greatest cycling shoe ever designed. Please return that shoe to the DH world. Please!!!

I will definately purchase a mens 7 when they are available.

Thank you,
Ben

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
spoke80 said:
Voted for synthetic. Leather is too heavy and water friendly.

E-mail sent:

Eric,

I am writing to you and 5-10 to reproduce the greatest cycling shoe ever designed. Please return that shoe to the DH world. Please!!!

I will definately purchase a mens 7 when they are available.

Thank you,
Ben

Men's 7 hehehehehehe :p I forget how small your feet are.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Just talked with Eric at FiveTen...they've got a couple protos that are going to the owner this week. He'll either approve or change and they'll start pumping them out in a few short weeks. :thumb:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I say synthetic b/c of the dirt/sweat factor. I am sure that it will also dry faster. Having a shoe that you can wash in the afternoon and have dry by the next morning is very good. With all the mud, I would worry about a leather upper breaking down faster.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
bizutch said:
Just talked with Eric at FiveTen...they've got a couple protos that are going to the owner this week. He'll either approve or change and they'll start pumping them out in a few short weeks. :thumb:
who are the "owner"?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
bizutch said:
don't know...haven't been able to find that out. When are you going to Whistler next year?
did you mean the owner of 5.10?

dude..."next year" is still too far away to tell. I usually don't plan that far ahead of time ;)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Acadian said:
did you mean the owner of 5.10?

dude..."next year" is still too far away to tell. I usually don't plan that far ahead of time ;)
yeah, apparently the owner of the company has the final say on the new design. They show what they look like...he says yes, no or "tweaks" it. He said once the guy says go, they're rolling out quick. :love:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
bizutch said:
yeah, apparently the owner of the company has the final say on the new design. They show what they look like...he says yes, no or "tweaks" it. He said once the guy says go, they're rolling out quick. :love:
sweet...

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
Response from 5.10 on the sizes. Seems like they will have the range covered.

The samples are being made... when the shoes are made the sizes will probably be 5.0-possibly 15.0

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
15.0 dude thats a big ass shoe but thats good for all the giant dhillers out there :thumb: .hurry up guys i want a pair of these thing im impatiant

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
I just got my pair that I won on E-bay (sorry Acadian) and they rock!!!!
So comfey and sticky, I pretty stoked to how perfect these things are.
Can't wait till I can buy some higher tops...

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
In my hasty read through I did not see where anyone said if they are talking about remaking the high top or low top version.

I'm wth BMXman, save the cows.

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
It’s good that these shoes are coming back.

But I think the ultimate DH shoe would have a toecap in it with a steal plate over the toes with some rubber on the end of it so it wouldn’t dig into the top of the toes.

Because I am fed up with caching my toes on rocks and work boots are just to heavy.

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
I recently bought a pair of these off the buy&sell here and all I can say is this: If you’ve never used them, you have no idea what they are like. I see people posting how skateboarding shoes are just as good, cheaper etc…..and ive tried every brand of board shoes….but nothing compares to these things. Sometimes when I pull my foot off the pedal it feels like I am trying to pull my foot off a piece of gum. You CANNOT shift your foot rotationally even if you want. That’s how tacky these babies are. They are a flat pedal’s wet dream in every sense. I cant wait for the release so I can get another pair to just cruise around in….

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Tom DH said:
But I think the ultimate DH shoe would have a toecap in it with a steal plate over the toes with some rubber on the end of it so it wouldn’t dig into the top of the toes..
that or just a light fiber shell on the front...that would be awesome..

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Brad23 said:
I thought you bid on the same pair of size 8.5 about a month ago (It took a while due to a missing check)
no...actually I had a brand spakin' new pair at home (8.5) which I sold not too long ago. I need a bigger size..

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
Acadian said:
no...actually I had a brand spakin' new pair at home (8.5) which I sold not too long ago. I need a bigger size..
wierd, it was another Acadian, sorry for the confusion then, not sorry bout the shoes...

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Synthethic for rillaz, can't wait to get a pair at last... I was thinking of clipless for the next racing season but if the 5.10 shoes are back!!!!! NO WAY!!