Quantcast

Intense frame

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by dg806
:(
OK......tell me what you don't like about it!
I think it would be a good frame but I really don't like the propietary head tube/fork. Having no fork options doesnt appeal to me.

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Originally posted by dg806
:(
OK......tell me what you don't like about it!
The fork/head tube is a given, but damn do those puppies FLEX!!! Also, I can't figure climbing on those things without the lockout...and I am of the opinion that a good full sus bike should not require a lock out. (okay, let the attacks begin:rolleyes: ) The sus should be part of the ride, both up and down! Just my $.02 of course.

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by VTinCT

The fork/head tube is a given, but damn do those puppies FLEX!!! Also, I can't figure climbing on those things without the lockout...and I am of the opinion that a good full sus bike should not require a lock out. (okay, let the attacks begin:rolleyes: ) The sus should be part of the ride, both up and down! Just my $.02 of course.
You think every frame is flexy. You 500 pounds?

dg806

Chimp
Apr 26, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by RideMonkey

I think it would be a good frame but I really don't like the propietary head tube/fork. Having no fork options doesnt appeal to me.
Rm...that is one thing I don't like about Cannondale! They have all their stuff that won't interchange with other parts. I changed crank and rings on my Jekyll and had to change BB to get it to fit! Pain in the ass! Great bikes other than that...MBC, you won't belive how these shocks ride until you try it! 100mm of travel and tough as crap! I would venture to say it will outperform 90% of forks! Most people that ride them say they are better than double forks and lighter!
And I forgot, stronger also!

R

RideMonkey

I wouldnt mind having one of those Canondale freeride bikes with the SuperT. I don't really have issues with their frames its just the proprietary parts I dont like.

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Originally posted by RideMonkey

You think every frame is flexy. You 500 pounds?
No...me 190 w/o gear!

I do have a problem with a couple of the bikes that have been suggested though. Believe me Chief, I rode the piss out of many a bike before I bought. I'd stop people on trail...the whole bit! it just so happens that I have a particular gripe with the FSR line, and the C-dales (don't get me ghoing on the Sugars!). Aside from an Intense, or a Stinky, I really have not felt too confident on a multi-pivot trail bike (notice that distinction!!!). I just think IAB would be better served by a stout trail rig, rather than a boarder line race/trail bike.

I'll shut up now.
:monkey:

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by VTinCT

What'd you think of that Loco we saw in Chester the other day? It was kinda weird looking to me...could have been the set up, but it looked ungainly. I'd love to try one out.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

R

RideMonkey

LOL Spincycle!

Hey SpinCycle, whats up with your post count :eek:

:monkey:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by spincrazy
THIS
There was a period, when I, like IAB, was searching for a burly trailbike that could still climb. Although I did entertain the idea of setting up a real dh rig with a double ring up front and just suffering on the climbs, it doesn't work. Life is painful enough already. :eek: :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Answer me this: How come the LBS I stopped in tonight told me Bullits will not be available until June/July, and Hecklers will not be available until August/September, yet Cambriabikes.com has BOTH?

The LBS did not have Bullits or Hecklers to check out, so he tried selling me a K2. :eek: They did have all Kona's 25% off, but no Bear. If they did have one, for 25% off, I would be the proud owner of a new Bear right now.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Answer me this: How come the LBS I stopped in tonight told me Bullits will not be available until June/July, and Hecklers will not be available until August/September, yet Cambriabikes.com has BOTH?

The LBS did not have Bullits or Hecklers to check out, so he tried selling me a K2. :eek: They did have all Kona's 25% off, but no Bear. If they did have one, for 25% off, I would be the proud owner of a new Bear right now.
Maybe Cambria did a preorder or something. Perhaps the Bullits are on backorder now.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I don't know, bro. I've got all this money to spend on a bike, but nobody wants to sell me one!
Ok, I've the solution.

Give me the money and I'll get you a bike. I'll even break it in for you. Should only take 9 months or so. You've got my #.

Isn't the Bear more like an elephant?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
If you can wait a little, the new hollowpoint design by DW is coming out this month. It has a killer looking design and great component spec. for the money. See the thread here .

I should have one of the first ones they ship and I'll let you know what I think.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by ohio

Wouldn't the AC Air be a better choice than the NRS? I don't have any experience with them, but folks seem to be really happy with the newer ones...
The Giant NRS Air is a stiff race bike.

dg806

Chimp
Apr 26, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by ohio

Wouldn't the AC Air be a better choice than the NRS? I don't have any experience with them, but folks seem to be really happy with the newer ones...
I didn't even see an AC AIR(2002 bike) ont their website. What year model?