Quantcast

Intense frame

dg806

Chimp
Apr 26, 2002
Charlotte, NC
If you haven't, you really should! I would even like to try some different bikes! Different riding conditions dictate different bikes! Now if I just had the money!!!!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just called an LBS asking if they had Heckler frames available. The guy laughed at me over the phone. :( He said that I can get a good feel for a Heckler by testing a Superlight. He said the only difference between the two is the weight and the rear travel. He said they also sell Titus and Merin bikes, but he only has hardtails in stock, and FS bikes would have to be ordered.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Actually, there are plenty of well stocked LBS's around here. The problem with the Heckler is that Santa Cruz has not started producing them yet. They are concentrating on the Blur production run right now.

BTW DG, there is a Santa Cruz dealer in Charlotte. ;)

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I just called an LBS asking if they had Heckler frames available. The guy laughed at me over the phone. :( He said that I can get a good feel for a Heckler by testing a Superlight. He said the only difference between the two is the weight and the rear travel. He said they also sell Titus and Merin bikes, but he only has hardtails in stock, and FS bikes would have to be ordered.
Ace wheelworks here in Somerville definitely has a medium-sized loco-moto in stock, as well as a bunch of superlights, a med bullit, a lg. gemini, and some of the FSR enduros. International in Boston also has a bunch: Intense, Specialized... It's worth making the trip to Boston if you're not that far away...

Originally posted by ohio

Ace wheelworks here in Somerville definitely has a medium-sized loco-moto in stock, as well as a bunch of superlights, a med bullit, a lg. gemini, and some of the FSR enduros. International in Boston also has a bunch: Intense, Specialized... It's worth making the trip to Boston if you're not that far away...
kewl! where and when should we meet you?

(we are about 2hrs away)

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Actually, there are plenty of well stocked LBS's around here. The problem with the Heckler is that Santa Cruz has not started producing them yet. They are concentrating on the Blur production run right now.

BTW DG, there is a Santa Cruz dealer in Charlotte. ;)
3 hours from charlotte we have most any Titus you would like to try! And you can take it on the trail! Model is size dependant though, just let me or Tammy know what you would want to do.

BTW I think IRB needs a Quasi Moto.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

kewl! where and when should we meet you?

(we are about 2hrs away)
Mass Pike exit 17. Piece of cake.

Thanks OHIO!

Ooooo-hi-o-hi-o, round on the ends, hi in the middle. Here's a riddle, what's round on the ends and hiiii in the middle?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA

Mass Pike exit 17. Piece of cake.

Thanks OHIO!

Ooooo-hi-o-hi-o, round on the ends, hi in the middle. Here's a riddle, what's round on the ends and hiiii in the middle?
No problem. :D

Well, if y'all are coming to town I'd definitely be psyched to meet you. I'll PM you both my info.

You might want to call ahead to Ace and check what they have in stock:
Ace Wheelworks
145 Elm Street
Somerville, MA 02144
tel 617.776.2100

When I was in there last week they had the Locomoto and I think Switchblade too, but I'm not sure. They're open till 8pm weekdays.

I don't know what they have in stock at International, but last time I was there they had bundles of different Intenses and Specialized:
International Bicycle Center
89 Brighton Ave.
617-783-5804

I'm sure there's other good shops around the city too, but those are the only two I know...

dg806

Chimp
Apr 26, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by psycle-on

3 hours from charlotte we have most any Titus you would like to try! And you can take it on the trail! Model is size dependant though, just let me or Tammy know what you would want to do.

BTW I think IRB needs a Quasi Moto.
Psycle-on...where are you at? In NC 3 hours from Charlotte? If so, next time I go to Tsali, I might have to take a side trip!

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Originally posted by dg806

Psycle-on...where are you at? In NC 3 hours from Charlotte? If so, next time I go to Tsali, I might have to take a side trip!
We are just north of Raleigh. I know we will be in Charlotte Sept 7 for the cane creek race. Actually we will be at all the Cane Creek races that have a DH- so if there is anything you would like to see, let me know.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I, like Toshi, have a Uzzi DH. I built mine as a super duty all purpose bike and can testify to Intense's build quality and engineering. Maintenence is super easy with the total cartridge bearing rear-end. I would go for an Uzzi SL if you're looking for a do-it-all bike and don't mind the extra weight of the coil shock. The adjustability of the frame is also nice for fine tuning fit. Swapping in an air shock would drop a pound off if you get the gram counting bug later down the line. For saving some loot, I would recommend looking for a "pre-owned" frame and building from there.

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Originally posted by SpasticJack
I, like Toshi, have a Uzzi DH. I built mine as a super duty all purpose bike and can testify to Intense's build quality and engineering. Maintenence is super easy with the total cartridge bearing rear-end. I would go for an Uzzi SL if you're looking for a do-it-all bike and don't mind the extra weight of the coil shock. The adjustability of the frame is also nice for fine tuning fit. Swapping in an air shock would drop a pound off if you get the gram counting bug later down the line. For saving some loot, I would recommend looking for a "pre-owned" frame and building from there.
Nice foking bike!!!:monkey:

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Now if I could only find a place to mount the motor.

As for the '02 Enduros from Specialized I would, at the very least, make sure that you get the warranty replacement seat stays from the get go. The '01 Enduro Pro can usually be had used for around $1500 on MTBR but they dont have the on the fly travel adjustment that the '02's have. Naturally I'm still biased toward the Intense. :D

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

Well, why don't you tell me which ones YOU like first..... I have some in mind.....
I dunno which ones I like yet. I just got some Hope Minis and have only ridden them on my XWheel. Their perty.