Quantcast

Intense Warranty

flyboy

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
Kirkland, WA
My boys and Intense customer service heard from me personally, and got on it for me. Thanks Chad and Johhny for getting this thing figured out!:thumb:

Last edited:

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
yep,rushed me my frame,spoke with top dogs at the compagny so they could get me my bike unlike 5 to 6 shops here trying to make hundreds off me,aswell rushed it with the shock I wanted ( my distributer is a fox only and wont bring anything in with CCDB's etc. )

HOWEVER

I havn't spoken to anyone in a bit,Im whilling to bet STICK is a valuable key player they lost.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Stick is a good dude and was amazing at getting back to me if I had any questions or issues. His shoes will be hard to fill. BUT since he's left Intense has definitely still been able to get right back to me.

Maybe try calling Intense directly and eliminate the middle man?

Crazy you cracked your old G3 swingarm, must have been a bad batch? Mine's still going strong with 2 HUGE wrecks in the rocks which is more than I could say for my elbow :)

SeatPost

Chimp
May 17, 2009
Philly, sort of
I snapped my rear tri as well during my last practice (of course) run at Windham. I went through the same hassle with them(only 4 weeks) but, finally got it sorted just in time for Killington. My interpretation of their excuse was "blah blah blah blah were stoney West Coasters who can't get our ish together". I even made it easier on them in that I didn't care if they sent me a G3 (which they told me they didn't have available anymore). It's too bad, I have been riding their bikes for years, they are some of the sexiest and slayiest bikes out there. Also had a bad interaction with them regarding their drop outs that I won't get into.

So my next frame will either be a Transition 450 or a Trek Session instead of a M9. Sad really that the last US company just doesn't have it together.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I snapped my rear tri as well during my last practice (of course) run at Windham. I went through the same hassle with them(only 4 weeks) but, finally got it sorted just in time for Killington. My interpretation of their excuse was "blah blah blah blah were stoney West Coasters who can't get our ish together". I even made it easier on them in that I didn't care if they sent me a G3 (which they told me they didn't have available anymore). It's too bad, I have been riding their bikes for years, they are some of the sexiest and slayiest bikes out there. Also had a bad interaction with them regarding their drop outs that I won't get into.

So my next frame will either be a Transition 450 or a Trek Session instead of a M9. Sad really that the last US company just doesn't have it together.
Trek is now a US company (if you're willing to spend $8500 lol)

flyboy

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Stick is a good dude and was amazing at getting back to me if I had any questions or issues. His shoes will be hard to fill. BUT since he's left Intense has definitely still been able to get right back to me.

Maybe try calling Intense directly and eliminate the middle man?

Crazy you cracked your old G3 swingarm, must have been a bad batch? Mine's still going strong with 2 HUGE wrecks in the rocks which is more than I could say for my elbow :)
Called directly and I talked to one of the two warranty guys who was cool, but unable to help. At this point I told them to send me a new frame altogether as they owe it to me. The best they offered was an off color rear after 6 weeks, or I can wait two more for the color I asked for 6 weeks ago. Hmmm...8 weeks to get a rear triangle...sound right to you??? NOT.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Called directly and I talked to one of the two warranty guys who was cool, but unable to help. At this point I told them to send me a new frame altogether as they owe it to me. The best they offered was an off color rear after 6 weeks, or I can wait two more for the color I asked for 6 weeks ago. Hmmm...8 weeks to get a rear triangle...sound right to you??? NOT.
wait... is this a warranty replacement or a crash replacement?

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I can understand having to wait for a specific color rear triangle. Did they offer you a different color or raw option?

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Just curious - but why do you have to call Intense so much?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Just curious - but why do you have to call Intense so much?
We have a grassroots team that rides their frames. To keep everyone on the same page we try to have one point of contact which is currently me. Nothing fancy or special, it just makes it easier on Intense- we don't get special treatment or anything like that.

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA

Ordered my TR450 first photos should be at Eurobike, They are amazing bikes i here

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I'm not going to get in on the hating (as it has been close to 10 years since I've last dealt with them), but will state that when I do speak with riders local to me, and they either a) ask about Intense or b) suggest that they are interested, I provide an opinion to seek alternatives.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bad experience with their product as well as customer support.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
paint a rear triangle ano black
Maybe the delay is because they're trying to figure out how to paint ano black? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. One of my friends had to get a warranty 951 rear triangle (he had the G3 dropout version) earlier this year, and I think he had it within a week (got the new non-adjustable one). It sucks yours is taking so long, but it seems like most get theirs quickly.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im going through the same thing. My rear triangle on my 951 is cracked. My LBS was told they would have a rear triangle this week by Johnny at Intense. I called this week to make sure because I am going to Canada to do some riding. I was told they are having delays and it will go out Tuesday of next week. Real nice. So I guess I get to ride a cracked 951. Oh and here is a kicker... I get the new cheaper rear triangle not the G3 rear triangle that came with the bike when I bought it.

I love my Intense bike and I have had 3 over the last few years.

Last edited:

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
that isn't me that FLORENT PAYET,baught my bike in CANADA p.s they helped me be able to cause all the lbs's I dealth with were rediculous or weren't allowed to sell me IE get me one.

only put that pic cause florent payet well is sick and hes sporting the right color.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
If they are having problems getting parts out then they should NOT tell you the week you are going to have parts.

I have no question if Ill get the replacement frame... just when.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
baught my bike in CANADA p.s they helped me be able to cause all the lbs's I dealth with were rediculous or weren't allowed to sell me IE get me one.
That's not what it says here:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237287

I'm waiting to get my bike I don't have it yet that's just a pic for views,jenson actualy just called to verify my order,she sounded super cute and laughed lots
Us address my man us address,even got free shiping. I go pick it up 1 hour away from canada and bring it home. Allot better then 3500 plus the rpice of a second frame to get the one I wanted localy.

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
Chad @ Intense has been a pleasure to deal with. I had a warranty issue 2 weeks ago and he sent me a brand new frame in less than 5 days (that includes shipping time.) I don't know any other company that turns around warranties that fast. I have owned 8 intense frames over the past 4 years and I will continue to buy them!

Thanks again CHAD!
-Jasen M.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Just curious- where's everyone's swing arm cracking? maybe I need to go check mine.

I realize the OP has been having issues for months, but anyone trying to get help from most smaller bike companies with in the time window from eurobike to interbike will probably notice long delays. Shoot, we ran into that issue with Marzocchi of all companies a few years back trying to get my wife's fork serviced.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
A buddy I was trail riding with yesterday (on a Tracer) won't consider another intense because of how long he had to wait for warranty on a cracked rear triangle.

Sounds like they need to get their $hit together.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Okay... someone PLEASE give this shot a 25 degree clockwise turn to the proper angle... it actually looks like you're going down something REALLY steep off some rocks... :rofl:
The angle is correct. Look at the trees.

flyboy

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
Kirkland, WA
OK so some facts about my situation because you asked:
- Chad and Johnny at Intense are good guys and worked for me.:thumb:
- my original G3 triangle cracked drive side by the pivot. They've since made it stronger and no longer have the problem. I've been told.
- I told intense I would take a new style triangle without the G3 dropouts but I wanted the same color. They did offer me another color at the 4 week mark or wait two weeks for my color and I made it clear then that i wanted black. When I called two weeks later it was going to be another two weeks. You do the math.
- I have a stealth black 951, and that color is no longer standard so they don't paint them frequently, but I was never told that until today.
- Chad and Johnny were/are working FOR me, unfortunatly for them others in the company grabbed things that weren't theirs to take (ie my triangle for other reasons)
- small companies have production runs. basic fact. you hit timing right you get things right away, you hit timing wrong at the peak of the season and you get my luck. Intense has (as I understand it) changed a few things because of how it went down with me. I hit timing wrong, had a non standard color, and had someone at Intense take a part they shouldn't have - a perfect storm.
- Yes I was/am pissed it happened to me but I also have had other bike companies F-it up just as bad.
- simply put I needed a rear triangle, this is what it took to get someone's attention, and I believe Chad and Johnny are getting this fixed internally to the extent they can so we all will see better service in the future.
- Chad and Johhny are good guys and get a second chance from me.