Quantcast

it begins now...SNOWSHOE WC BITCHEZ

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
In talking to them afterwards, they weren't worried about it...at all. Again, they were visually imposing at first blush, and like Westy said, the whole track was new to all of them except Neko, Dak and maybe a handful of other "local" guys. Hell, Danny indicated he wasn't inititially thrilled with the course after the track walk, then started riding it and ended up not only liking it, but winning the fucking race.

Anyway, Peat and me really bonded over the stone phallice and banquet beers

Likewise, this chick was pretty enamored with my shirt (and my handsome visage one must assume), so we traded shirts...

Shit got weird...mistakes were made.
Do you have a contractual obligation which forces you to end up in a tank top?

Asking for a friend...

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I don't even.....

I mean how do you begin.....

What exactly......

fcuk

I give up
Look, if you're going to get banned from all future UCI events and from certain West Virginia gas station bathrooms, don't half ass it. Always go full Jackalope™

Anyway, since I'm not on insta (for reasons related to several pending legal matters), can someone ping Eddie and let him know I need my sweet shades back?

Last edited:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
This image from vital sums up the whole glory of this season. Beside the squids ofc...

Thinking of a certain McLaren driver in such a pic is impossibru.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
And Jackalope you would have fitted nicely into our crew at the Kaprun Baumbar escapades at the beginning of this millennium.

Helping a certain South African rider into the over crowded and closed venue through the toilets window comes to my mind, destroying Rene Wildhaber's tent by crashing into it with a pit bike and him then ripping our makeshift course apart like a boss, spending the morning after at the spa of the 5 star hotel where we ofc did not have our rooms etc.

Ah, the days before social media and always on internet.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Survived. Made it home around 3pm, promptly took a nap. Currently on my second world cup recovery beer.

Also fuck @jackalope for being too busy slobbing peatys knob to come meet me.
If you were at the post race pit party, I met you.

Tbh, i had no cell phone coverage and the only times we were in the condo was to shit and reload the booze. We should have predesignated a place to meet up and set things on fire.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i saw le jackalope (and subop and roflbox) in the woods on race day. it's where he got the sunglasses that he gave to eddie masters-from my buddy matt. that actually led to matt's daughter hitting eddie on instagram that afternoon and saying he had her dad's sunglasses and eddie meeting them in the village that night and giving her a giant bag of swag. well done!

i can't begin to break down the ridiculous experience that we had but it was epic. this shot (screenshot from the redbull broadcast) of my buddy steven at the finish with loic pretty much sums it up.
1568078461850.jpeg

or maybe this one, of our icelandic friend skuli, who we discovered wrapped in course tape, dancing by himself at the front of the crowd at the afterparty. he didn't make it home until 5:30 that night after missing the turn to our road and walking halfway down the mountain.
1568079249751.jpeg

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
i saw le jackalope (and subop and roflbox) in the woods on race day. it's where he got the sunglasses that he gave to eddie masters-from my buddy matt. that actually led to matt's daughter hitting eddie on instagram that afternoon and saying he had her dad's sunglasses and eddie meeting them in the village that night and giving her a giant bag of swag. well done!

i can't begin to break down the ridiculous experience that we had but it was epic. this shot (screenshot from the redbull broadcast) of my buddy steven at the finish with loic pretty much sums it up.
View attachment 136984

or maybe this one, of our icelandic friend skuli, who we discovered wrapped in course tape, dancing by himself at the front of the crowd at the afterparty. he didn't make it home until 5:30 that night after missing the turn to our road and walking halfway down the mountain.
View attachment 136986
Rad story about the shades! I seriously couldn't remember who gave them to me, but good to know it was your bro and it ended up with a swag bag for the young lady. Full win.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you were at the post race pit party, I met you.

Tbh, i had no cell phone coverage and the only times we were in the condo was to shit and reload the booze. We should have predesignated a place to meet up and set things on fire.
I was not in the pits. I found myself in a situation of uh, shall we say slightly impeded mobility so I was unable to make my way down the entire track.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Sounds like you boys had a rad weekend, and it was such an epic race. I friggen love going to DH races, and seeing the pros ride hectic shit is bananas. Planning on Fort William again next year.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
In talking to them afterwards, they weren't worried about it...at all. Again, they were visually imposing at first blush, and like Westy said, the whole track was new to all of them except Neko, Dak and maybe a handful of other "local" guys. Hell, Danny indicated he wasn't inititially thrilled with the course after the track walk, then started riding it and ended up not only liking it, but winning the fucking race.

Anyway, Peat and me really bonded over the stone phallice and banquet beers

Shit got weird...mistakes were made.
In life, there are no mistakes, only lessons.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
wasn't drinking related. smashed the shit out of my toes on a trail ride that morning. my big toe is currently purple. made it difficult to get up and down a mountain.
Maybe you should have been drinking pre-ride to loosen up

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Better late than never. @jackalope has already posted many/most of the good stuff. He neglected a few key points. I would echo that this was the best sporting event I've ever seen on basically every level. I will never miss another one that I can reasonably get to.

Recap:

We arrived mid afternoon Friday, having missed the qualifying action, we went for a ride and poached a few of the classics. Photo evidence of the first of many poor choices to come.
IMG_7746.jpg

We then got blistering drunk and did unsafe shit including a night course walk which generated many pictures of near total darkness but nothing worthy of posting.
IMG_7748.jpg

We rose with the sun, cruised the pits a bit then headed to the course rebar in hand to fight off the ladies.
IMG_7749.jpg

Provided previously referenced fashion advice to one Eddie Fucking Masters with @roflbox and @jackalope. Guy was as cool as you'd think.
IMG_7760.jpg

Highlight for me was meeting my all time hero, Peaty. As stated, he is everything right with DH and has impeccable taste in eyewear.
IMG_7764.jpg

By the time we got to the bottom, we were shit housed. Sven and Boris became unfortunate targets (no pictures with Sven although he did swap out a lens to take selfies with us between riders which I expect will never see light of day). Boris was cool AF and a very good sport given he was taking pics of the last 5 guys coming down. None of us smoke (except Boris) but @meatboot had found these in the bottom of a box of gear last opened two years ago so what were we to do?
IMG_7767.jpg

IMG_7772.jpg

The pit fiesta afterwards was a blast. Commencal had beers for all and were generally a rad group of guys and gals (thanks boys). Had beers with Peaty and Greg and hijinx ensued. Greg asked to borrow @jackalops paleolithic dildo to harass Jordi who was hanging with the Syndicate guys. Someone tried to abscond with said dildo but Greg to his eternal credit reunited @jackalope with his precious.
IMG_7788.jpg

That's all I got. My liver hates me (more) now.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No freedom in that part of the woods?
they were hanging out by the road gap. based on the number of kids there too, probably wouldn't have been the best idea for any shed monkies to burn one anyways. not that there weren't plenty of readily available woods anyways.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Better late than never. @jackalope has already posted many/most of the good stuff. He neglected a few key points. I would echo that this was the best sporting event I've ever seen on basically every level. I will never miss another one that I can reasonably get to.

Recap:

We arrived mid afternoon Friday, having missed the qualifying action, we went for a ride and poached a few of the classics. Photo evidence of the first of many poor choices to come.
View attachment 137009

We then got blistering drunk and did unsafe shit including a night course walk which generated many pictures of near total darkness but nothing worthy of posting.
View attachment 137010

We rose with the sun, cruised the pits a bit then headed to the course rebar in hand to fight off the ladies.
View attachment 137011

Provided previously referenced fashion advice to one Eddie Fucking Masters with @roflbox and @jackalope. Guy was as cool as you'd think.
View attachment 137012

Highlight for me was meeting my all time hero, Peaty. As stated, he is everything right with DH and has impeccable taste in eyewear.
View attachment 137013

By the time we got to the bottom, we were shit housed. Sven and Boris became unfortunate targets (no pictures with Sven although he did swap out a lens to take selfies with us between riders which I expect will never see light of day). Boris was cool AF and a very good sport given he was taking pics of the last 5 guys coming down. None of us smoke (except Boris) but @meatboot had found these in the bottom of a box of gear last opened two years ago so what were we to do?
View attachment 137014

View attachment 137016

The pit fiesta afterwards was a blast. Commencal had beers for all and were generally a rad group of guys and gals (thanks boys). Had beers with Peaty and Greg and hijinx ensued. Greg asked to borrow @jackalops paleolithic dildo to harass Jordi who was hanging with the Syndicate guys. Someone tried to abscond with said dildo but Greg to his eternal credit reunited @jackalope with his precious.
View attachment 137017

That's all I got. My liver hates me (more) now.
Good to see that y'all went maximum bork.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dug up a few more pics.
someone on a mondraker hitting the rock transfer of death during qualifying.

the view from the top of the (super blind) rock huck just above it

lip of the final container huck

@jonKranked grillin up a batch of killer wings

view from the casa. 'murica!