Quantcast

It's Official: Hipsters have ruined/saved Pabst

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
http://www.nbcchicago.com/around-town/food-drink/Pabst-Blue-Ribbon-Now-More-Popular-Than-Ever-Sorry-Hipsters-59575967.html

"It's an anti-establishment badge," said a major market wholesaler. "It seems to play to the retro, nonconformist crowd pretty well."

Hipsters enjoy drinking a beer that isn't as "established" as other better-known brands, asserting themselves are more "genuine" and "unique" than the mainstream that surrounds them.

They should be careful though. With the incredible rise in sales, Pabst Blue Ribbon could become so popular, it may enter the mainstream, and hipsters will have to abandon it in favor of another "cheap" beer.
Hopefully hipsters will abandoned it sooner rather than later. I'd really like to go back to not being associated with them.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i wasn't aware of this increase in price. looks like i'll be living the high life more often from now on.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
In New England the hipsters have moved to Narragansett Beer since they re-opened their doors a few years ago.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I'm really enjoying my Mirror Pond right now. Of course, I'm just pre-gaming for some random hipster-y show I've never heard of but want to be seen at.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Stinky is a conformist trend whore, he drinks mainstream booze.
Yeah, I get dragged into a sh1tty beer thread... :rant:

My dad was a Schlitz drinker.

I'd steal a couple out of the fridge in junior high school from time to time, but realized early on that hard liquor is the way to go...

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Olympia has been gone for awhile now - the brewery was about 2 miles from where I lived in Tumwater, WA a few years back. The former Rainier brewery is now headquarters for Tully's coffee.

Just so you know...
You're wrong its still around I buy it at safeway at least once a week. Owned by Pabst now and brewed in Milwaukee. Might not be available in your hood but its sure popular round these parts.
http://www.olympia-beer.com/Home.aspx
Just so you know...
I made a special trip just for you.

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So Jim, I take it that ones authenticity of a Pabst drinker is based on their headgear?

Trucker hat = bad
Nascar hat = good?
flock of seagulls haircut = ???

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
What Fkn idiots!!

"It's an anti-establishment badge," said a major market wholesaler. "It seems to play to the retro, nonconformist crowd pretty well."

The dude is right but.....

IT IS BREWED BY MILLER-COORS in TEXAS! YOU FKN SMEGMA!!

AND SO IS TACATE!!!!