Quantcast

Jan/Feb Trip to Rays

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
planning a weekender up to ray's mtb park in cleveland sometime early next year. Leave earlyish on a friday, return sunday night. who's in?

mtbingdude

Chimp
Jan 17, 2005
im definatly in... i have been wanting to go up there for a while. Got any idea on where to stay? Campgrounds or cheap hotels?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
im down corey.

do you have a particular date in mind yet.

there is a ride 1 night, 2 day, stay 2 night package.

2 riders, 1 room 105 each
3 riders, 1 room 84 each
4 riders, 1 room 73 each

i could do it on 2 tanks of gas one way and can carry 3 other riders,
and with a roof rack and my trailer hitch i can easily carry all the gear.

id say 1 tank of gas per/person plus the room fee and grubbage we could do it for $150 person no problem with the 4 rider option...who's in?

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Right on, York is kinda out of your way, I agree the less vehicles the better. When you have a firm date let me know. I will have to request fri. off of work and I may have another buddy who would be interested in going. Ray is a way cool dude and will most likely hook us up with a good package deal no matter how many we bring.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
that'd be quite cool if you could make it EC. haven't seen ya in a while. RTF, the suvs + your trailer sounds perfect. my exploder can carry 4 + some gear + 2 bikes. i'd imagine we'd have it covered between us. there's a handful of folks interested on the dcstreet thread as well. if it gets crazy, perhaps we can talk phil into trucking the germantown cycles van out as well.

don't have a date in mind just yet, i was thinking early february because it's about the halfway point till spring. maybe the first weekend in feb (3rd, 4th, & 5th)?

apparently there's a pro-comp sometime in february, but i almost don't want to go at that time... i want to get in as much riding as possible.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Mike, I took a trail bike , a DH bike and a dirtjumper type hard tail when I went. all I rode was the hard tail (P2) .Anything big is alot of work and definately overkill, what I am trying to say is take your smallest bike, it will be the most fun.
Corey, let me know as soon as you decide when exactly you want to go so I can request off work. this will be a blast!

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
yeah i was wondering what id bring too. i have a dh bike that i dj with, a fuel, and a 29r rig.

sounds like we'll have quite the motely crue.

i concur with the non pro trip timing. i mean it'd be cool to see but if'n i gonna drive 550 miles i wanna ride, ride, and did i say R I D E

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
ehh...im used to riding it in ways its not meant to be ridden. i think just to be safe i'll bring the dh and the fuel. something tellls me the dh will be too much and the fuel not enough, but i cant imagine there are any drops over 4' and i can handle that pretty easy on the fuel as long as the tranny is decent. other than that, the drops that is, from the vids/pics ive seen i'm hoping the fuel will make do.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
E.C. said:
Mike, I took a trail bike , a DH bike and a dirtjumper type hard tail when I went. all I rode was the hard tail (P2) .Anything big is alot of work and definately overkill, what I am trying to say is take your smallest bike, it will be the most fun.
Corey, let me know as soon as you decide when exactly you want to go so I can request off work. this will be a blast!

My smallest bike eh? I don't think the CrossCheck would do very well at Ray's :p

I am DEFINANTLY planning on taking the Flow, but not sure about the RMX. We'll see..........

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
corey_dcstreet said:
planning a weekender up to ray's mtb park in cleveland sometime early next year. Leave earlyish on a friday, return sunday night. who's in?
I'm sure Morgan would want to go. Matt Slater and Eric Barger too...

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
http://www.redtrailracing.com/
im trying to get a crew together for a bad ass 6 hr race jan 29 down in lakeland florida so a trip the following weekend might not be in my checkbook but i'd definitely be down for the 2nd weekend 2/10 ish (coincides with next payday)

click on the photo button from the redtrail link there is some sweet, sweet riding there...

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
can't do the 2nd weekend, that's the snow race at blue knob i believe. how 'bout earlier? the last weekend in january (27-29) works for me i think.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
corey_dcstreet said:
can't do the 2nd weekend, that's the snow race at blue knob i believe. how 'bout earlier? the last weekend in january (27-29) works for me i think.
If your sure you want to go that weekend I'll put in the time off request...lemme know......Ah yes Blue Knob snow race..I'll start putting the sheetmetal screws in my tires this weekend.!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
blue knob race isn't till march, nevermind my crack-induced ravings...

2nd weekend in february it is. mark your calendars! Leave Feb 11, return the 13th. here's the potential headcount, let me know if you're in or out:

e.c.
ridetoofast (real name?)
phil (g-town)
mike
peter
matt
mtbingdude
brian w.
will h
kirk

anyone else?

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
I have been to RAY'S twice and it is awsome. I haven't gone yet this winter but would love to go if you get a group together. I am going to Michigan this weekend and may stop at RAY'S on the way back. If I do I'll let you know how the new renovations are.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
corey_dcstreet said:

2nd weekend in february it is. mark your calendars! Leave Feb 11, return the 13th. here's the potential headcount, let me know if you're in or out:

e.c.
ridetoofast (adam)
phil (g-town)
mike
peter
matt
mtbingdude
brian w.
will h
kirk

anyone else?
i'm down like charlie brown...

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
corey_dcstreet said:

Step away from the pipe buddy.
ok, I'm going to turn in my time off request in the morning, gonna call my peeps tonight.

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
corey_dcstreet said:

e.c.
ridetoofast (real name?)
phil (g-town)
mike
peter
matt
mtbingdude
brian w.
will h
kirk

anyone else?
I'm in.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
looks like the big event is the weekend before our trip, so we're good to go.

i gotta figure out what i'm going to do with my kid on friday. should we all plan on meeting up at germantown cycles in the morning at some point?

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Somebody aughta call Ray. we are going to need a whole floor at the
hotel. I think there are 3 of us going and about a thousand of you Virginians.should be a great time.